Why McGregor will defo come back

And Anthony Joshua already sold out Wembley, it's not possible to break that unless they renovate the stadium me thinks

......think TS means ufc attendance record.

Also Adele holds the attendance record at Wembley

He's obsessed with records. He wants to break the attendance record and he could easily get 90,000 people at Wembley for a fight with Ferguson, Khabib, Diaz or GSP.

Besides, how many fighters have actually retired in their 20s and never came back?
He needs to go the fuck away. He’s in the business for all the wrong reasons.

his market value will drop greatly once he loses again in MMA

I don't think he will fight until next fall at the earliest. It wouldn't surprise me if he waited it out until these guys at Lightweight softened each other up. He's taking it right out of the book of Mayweather, who retired when the WW division was full of killers then came back after guys like Cotto, Margarito, Williams, etc all lost fights.

There's another very valid motivation for him to come back. He's got 3 fights left on his contract. It is true that he can retire & not honor the remainder of the contract... but then he will never be free to do whatever he wants. He will always be tied down by that contract for the rest of his life.

I know he can never fight again without the UFC, but I also wonder how many clauses are in the contract that would stop him from opening his own promotion or something like that. I would think that alone would drive Mac to return.

He said it himself, "Get in, get rich, get out". And his every action up to this point have done nothing to prove otherwise.

There's another very valid motivation for him to come back. He's got 3 fights left on his contract. It is true that he can retire & not honor the remainder of the contract... but then he will never be free to do whatever he wants. He will always be tied down by that contract for the rest of his life.

I know he can never fight again without the UFC, but I also wonder how many clauses are in the contract that would stop him from opening his own promotion or something like that. I would think that alone would drive Mac to return.
He can get involved in other business ventures though.

Fights Conor wants and in the order he wants them in:

1. Floyd in MMA
2. Boxing Floyd for 100 million again and avenging his loss
3. "Mehhhhhhh.....I'm set. I'm cool just chillin'".

Out of interest what other records did he break?
  • 13 second KO was the fastest title fight victory
  • 8 POTN bonuses in a row is a record
  • First to hold 2 belts at the same time
  • He's got the highest gate sales vs Mendes & then beat it vs Aldo. Not sure how his other gates have done, but I would suspect he broke his own records again... Most likely at 205
  • Most "disclosed" pay (not counting PPV) at a single event & over the course of his career - Likely also the most overall pay as well with PPV money added, especially if the Floyd fight is counted.
  • 6 KO/TKO wins in the FW division was a record for a while but Max may have taken that one with his recent string of KO's.
  • Highest FS1 broadcast viewers for the UFC vs. Siver. (not sure if that record has been broke or not)

He said it himself, "Get in, get rich, get out". And his every action up to this point have done nothing to prove otherwise.
Exactly! He is the anti GSP in almost every way: doesn't defend, not a point fighter, super cocky, loud mouth, non lay n prayer, 'any time any where', etc. If fighters listened to fans, they would never get rich and would all die of CTE. If you look at SBG's fighters, you can see that Kavanagh teaches them to make as much money as you can and get out when you realize you have reached your limit and your body is just being damaged - Pendred, Paddy and Ais all retired super early.

Conor has said what he will do in and out of the ring and he has done it; first Irish world champ, first champ champ, first to make hundred mil, nearly all the monetary records, fight May and as you have rightly pointed out "get in, get rich, get out"........all fighters would do this but none so far have been as talented at getting rich as Conor. Does anyone think if Mighty Mouse made 100 million that he would be defending on the reg for a few million a fight? F no. No fighter would.

• He's got the highest gate sales vs Mendes & then beat it vs Aldo. Not sure how his other gates have done, but I would suspect he broke his own records again... Most likely at 205
  • Most "disclosed" pay (not counting PPV) at a single event & over the course of his career - Likely also the most overall pay as well with PPV money added, especially if the Floyd fight is counted.
  • 6 KO/TKO wins in the FW division was a record for a while but Max may have taken that one with his recent string of KO's.
  • Highest FS1 broadcast viewers for the UFC vs. Siver. (not sure if that record has been broke or not)
Highest gate was Madison Square. He also has the second highest gate in boing vs May and MayPac was the most bet on event of all time and it also grossed more money globally than any fight - pretty impressive considering he was on the dole a few years ago, did not need decades to reach the numbers that May or Oscar needed to achieve such prominence.

To deny Conor's ability to break records is as silly as denying his ability to fight, and yes, even box. Sherdog has a way of constantly not seeing the forest for the trees.

He needs to go the fuck away. He’s in the business for all the wrong reasons.

Making money is why every single fighter boxing or MMA is fighting no matter what they say

Otherwise they'd be doing it for free and not have an agent negotiating a contract for as much money as possible

He can get involved in other business ventures though.
Yes, of course... but if he wants to get involved in some sort of fighting business, I wonder how much his UFC contract could hinder him. He's so young right now there's no telling what he might want to get into... & having the UFC hanging over your head seems like something he would want to nix.

3 more fights & he's free from it. I think that's pretty big motivation to fight.

Cool

Conor should have just vacated the belt... he never had the intention to defend any belts he won. It's all about showing off "look I'm the double fookin champion".

I like everyone else would love him to come back, however he has to remember that any fight he takes is money so he can do without the belt.

Back