NFL Lineman: "I could be a UFC champ and beat Stipe"

people really blow Brocks size out of proportion.
Randy beat dudes bigger than him
Randy's first two opponents (Tony Halme and Steven Graham) were bigger than Brock. Graham was 22 and was probably a lineman in college football himself from the looks of him.
steven-graham.jpg

he would still win at HW. the skill level has not changed in 20 years. still absolute garbage with 0 cardio. if anything heavyweights were bigger and more powerful back in randy's day.
is this really how you spend your free time? being disingenuous to unwitting sherdoggers because its funny to you and you alone?
<{clintugh}>

It's all fun and games until you get punched in the mouth. There's a reason why he plays football, and why Stipe is the UFC HW champ: one likes to fight, the other doesn't.

the-problem-is-you-like-to-run-your-mouth-but-3376348.png

Oldie but goodie.

Forrest Griffin trains the Detroit Pistons. Basically says, they could be champ.

If he could ever make 265 he would gas faster than Ngannou.

No proof, only common sense

Well I'd say that Randy who is an old wrestler (they all roided when he was in college) functioning at a high level in his 40s, close friends with busted roiders (Sonnen) and TRT users (Hendo), is as suspect as a pro wrestler. I'm 99% sure Couture was on TRT.

ITT

Remember Sherbros,

Don't feed the troll

@Daddy af

Joined Dec 2017 - on dubs (ban imminent)

There are probably a good hundred guys in the nfl that could be heavyweight champ with 8-12 months on training and a warmup fight or 2. The level of athlete is just different. Bigger, stronger, faster. Look at the nfl rejects who were taking out mma legends left and right even after they past their prime. Mitrione could barely sniff an nfl roster and just knocked out fedor recently.

Old Fedor who was never an UFC champ. Same as Mittrione/Schaub/ who are the only recent NFL rejects that made waves in the UFC. Lesnar was a reject but one who made a career in wrestling.

Marcus Jones was an 'A Level' first round draft who played pro for six years and didn't get through TUF because he was knocked out by a reject... Schaub. By your logic Jones should have won TUF AND become UFC champ.

a guy that eats cheesburgers and chipotle burritos and takes 10 lbs shits who's only really skill is hitting his head into another guy lol

Edit: also steroids

lol foh. Did you see what USADA did to the sport. MMA fans have no right to talk about other sport's steroid problems.

It's all fun and games until you get punched in the mouth. There's a reason why he plays football, and why Stipe is the UFC HW champ: one likes to fight, the other doesn't.

the-problem-is-you-like-to-run-your-mouth-but-3376348.png

The thing is Brock Lesnar would turn his back like a novice when someone hit him hard. Some guys just don't react well to getting hit and it's something you can't train out of them because they aren't natural fighters. Lesnar is one of these people yet he still became HW champ.

LOL he's an olympic silver medalist with multiple wins against olympic gold medalists, including Cael Sanderson, (who Sport Illustrated lists as one of the greatest college athletes of all time, btw).

It literally doesn't get more high-level than that.
That was in the 20th century, 18 years ago. You're not an A level you entire life. Nowadays he's a declined old man doing a niche sport for fun.

You can't train for 10 hours in a day mate. It's impossible.
I was being hyperbolic, but yes. Facts. Or at least you can't EFFECTIVELY train for 10 hours per day. Or at least very few ppl can. Depends on what you qualify as falling under the umbrella of "training" I suppose.

Lol it's been a day, 400+ responses and this is still on the first page. The insecurity of MMA fans is hilarious. If Stipe were saying he'd be NFL MVP, it wouldn't garner a thread on most sports boards. But then, that would be nonsense, whereas this is completely realistic once Damon retires from football.

Love how this guy can trigger so many by uttering a few words.

If he's serious about fighting, he's already doing a good job of getting the word out. Maybe he'll fight that other guy from the NFL that has entered MMA.

A homeless gravel digger just took stipe 5 rounds. No doubt somebody who is athletic enough to play in the nfl could do better with some training. I’m talking prime she like 20-30 years old, give them a year of training and a warmup fight or two and stipe or any ufc hw would be a footnote.

Back