Woodley Wants to Take White to the Woodshed... White Loses Interest in Marketing Him

Woodley's self-promotion is horrible

• Total voters
“It’s very damaging for me, for a fighter that’s trying to generate his brand and his name.”

He’s been trying to generate his “brand” for years now, his brand is boring, that’s why he’s always whining about something

He expects big fights and big money and fan adoration and he gives us stinker after stinker (Maia, WBx2, Rory just off the top of my head)

Then he’s gonna say “we’ll I didn’t need to do anything more, he couldn’t take me down”, then he’s gonna go back to crying

You can’t will a fan base you dickhead

Well, the fact that his last couple of title defenses have been absolute snoozefests certainly doesn't help Woodley. Is there anyone who's truly excited to see Woodley's next fight right now? Anyone?

Well I'm excited to see him losing.

Let's do this RDA

About time he officially changes his name Cryrun Whineley.

Man, do you haters actually ever read anything Tyron says?
I don't see how you can possibly think he's wrong here.
Dana went on TV and said Tyron, his company's Welterweight champion, is full of shit. How does that help Tyron, or the UFC to have the promoter go on TV and say something like that? He was completely dismissive of Tyron.

Tyron hasn't turned down a fight. He's defended 3 times already. He didn't turn down RDA, but he is putting out the word that he'd like to get paid. A fight with Diaz would get him paid.
Do i want to see that fight, when Nate has no WW wins? No. But, i don't blame Tyron for trying to get as much money as he can, while he can

There is no harm in teasing a fight. The UFC does it all the damn time.
Conor fought Floyd after the WHOLE WORLD said that would never happen . If that can happen, if Brock can make a comeback, if Jones can come back after popping for roids 2x, and if GSP can fight for the MW title, then ANYTHING can happen.
Dana was being a dick

I doubt anything Woodley says can make up for what he does in the Octagon. Nobody wants to see him fight. Really the only angle the UFC has left in marketing his next fight is trying to convince people that whoever the challenger is, they will be able to force Woodley to engage.
I like watching Woodley fight. Only when I don't know the outcome to the fight, though. When he fights I get full of anticipation that an offensive explosion is going to happen at any time, resulting in a video game style, high action finish. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way, but when the fight is happening I'm on the edge of my seat. I used to get the same feeling watching Anderson Silva. He had a fair share of snoozers as well, but there was always the anticipation of violent brilliance right around the corner.

He’s been trying to generate his “brand” for years now, his brand is boring, that’s why he’s always whining about something

He expects big fights and big money and fan adoration and he gives us stinker after stinker (Maia, WBx2, Rory just off the top of my head)

Then he’s gonna say “we’ll I didn’t need to do anything more, he couldn’t take me down”, then he’s gonna go back to crying

You can’t will a fan base you dickhead

Yeah, combine boring yet effective fight style with an annoying whiny ass personality and major dose of entitlement... well, you get Woodley.

When is Woodley not crying about some unfairness coming his way? Shit is tired yo.

I actually think he's a good analyst and an interesting interview, but his promotional ability is nothing more than bitching. His conservative fighting style doesn't really help his numbers either.

I doubt anything Woodley says can make up for what he does in the Octagon. Nobody wants to see him fight. Really the only angle the UFC has left in marketing his next fight is trying to convince people that whoever the challenger is, they will be able to force Woodley to engage.
Orrrrr they could try better match making?
Lol why is this all on Woodley? He didn't make the matches, and he wasn't in there fighting by himself.
There should have never been an immediate rematch to the WB fight. It's up to the challenger to TAKE the belt. But it seemed like the UFC was hoping that WB could become champ.

Tyron KO'd Ruthless Robbie (on a PPV the UFC didn't promote), and then almost decapitated WB in their first bout. The UFC HAD a good starting point for promoting Tyron. They chose not to, and now they want to put it all on Tyron?
Lol..what..?

If Woodley's self promotion is so horrible why are there daily threads bashing him and everything he does?

It doesn't matter if you're talking good about him or bad about him all publicity is good publicity.

Woodley is turning into quite the heel.

He didn't really deny he was full of it (regarding the Nate fight) though.

And it is a fight that virtually no one outside of Tyron himself gives a rats ass about. Completely pointless match-up.

I'm tired of so called champs not defending or cherry picking the easiest matchups

Woodley's side makes perfect sense. Dana White is full of shit

Inb4 sherfront decides Dana White miraculously isn't full of shit when it comes to Woodley

Lol at the inevitable playing of the race card. It's the only explanation for why white people could disagree with or criticize a black man.

why not Woodley vs GSP?

Also i used to be a fan from the strikeforce days but nowadays he looks like one of those racist SJW obssesed with race/identity and power

Woodley is in a weird place. Plays up the victim angle but he's had some real stinkers for fights. It's hard to get behind a guy that just flat out doesn't entertain. It also hurts that his fight style will encourage more snoozers while at this point leaving no one has the ability to challenge it. Rory was honestly the best fit for that and he's long gone..

Woodley is right about A LOT of what he says with regard to the UFC basically abandoning its campaign to be taken seriously as a legitimate professional sport in America. That ship has just about sailed of late.

Still, can't stand the guy. He's right, but he's also boring as hell to watch and I can't stand his attitude.

Woodley is in a weird place. Plays up the victim angle but he's had some real stinkers for fights. It's hard to get behind a guy that just flat out doesn't entertain. It also hurts that his fight style will encourage more snoozers while at this point leaving no one has the ability to challenge it. Rory was honestly the best fit for that and he's long gone..

Woodley as champ is the UFC's penance for not signing Rory.

Lol at the inevitable playing of the race card. It's the only explanation for why white people could disagree with or criticize a black man.

It's not like we don't give Dana shit for saying stupid comments or sets up tepid matchups

I'd advise y'all to watch the interview on the MMA hour yesterday with Woodley.

Back