What does it feel like to take steroids?

Armitage Shanks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I have never taken them, and probably never will, but I just wondered if any Sherdoggers on here would be candid enough to talk about what it feels like. The reason I ask is because watching Pride, these guys not only look like monsters, but move like superhumans. Of course most of the time that is backed up by years of training, but there is something about the way they are embedded with rage and power that is compelling.

I did the Bill Phillips Body For Life plan a few years ago, and though I got in the best shape of my life in those three months, I didn't look like one of those cover models. I now realise that those before and after photos everyone says are fake aren't fake at all, but probably the result of steroid use.

So yeah, excuse me if I seem naive, but how does it feel?

Jones, Anderson Silva, Ubereem, Romero

It's the GOAT

Right after you take them, it feels like a lightning bolt hit the tip of your penis

tenor.gif

Serious reply
More aggression and the ability to train two times a day 7 days a week

It's like turning super saiyan, first time you take them you stand screaming for hours

It makes your liver and kidneys and heart very sad.

I was speaking literally, figuratively it probably makes some people's hearts feel happy from being jacked.

had a buddy who took steroids for health reasons. said he was always hungry and felt like an ox w/o working out much.

If you ignore the feeling of shame then it feels amazing. All your stats go up. Bar penis size. It goes down.

Come on we all know how it makes you feel.

8nFidTY.gif

Serious reply
More aggression and the ability to train two times a day 7 days a week

Thank you. So it's mainly the ability to recover and heal? And is the aggression controllable, or does it break out randomly? And when you say ability to train, does it give you the impetus to as well? ie does your body crave physical exertion?

you immediately feel like this guy:

I always thought it'd be like a second puberty. So the difference between you from age 12 to age 18 all over again.

Sure. There are a large variety of different steroids with different purpose and goals. They are mainly used for body building whether you want to gain muscle or lose fat, but you need to supplement it with proper training and dieting. The most logical steroid and most commonly used one among MMA fighters is testosterone. Average testosterone cycle is 500 mg/per week and lasts 12 weeks. You won't feel a single difference in your mental state for the first 4~6 weeks - it takes time to kick in. Then you will experience higher lust and a bit more confidence but nothing major.

Testosterone, physically, gives you a faster recovery time for your muscles to build. Ever felt sore after a workout? This is the solution and essentially helps you train twice as much as a "normal" person. But playing with hormones is tricky and to avoid getting side-effects (bitch tits, acne, fucking up your endo system) you need to supplement it with an AI, aromatize inhibitor, which, when dosed incorrectly can cause major mood swings, mainly depression and apathy. After a "cycle" fighters also need to pass a post cycle treatment period with different drugs to balance one's endo system. These are what most of the fighters get busted with.

Besides testosterone, turinabol and anavar are steroids of similar effect. But people who think steroids give a massive fighting advantage are absolutely delusional. You feel slightly better, you have a slightly better stamina* and noticeably better recovery time - that it's. There are some stronger steroids like tren with more severe side effects (feeling godlike and getting angry fast) but afaik fighters don't use it, dozing tren and living with sides is absolutely horrible as it's literally invented for breeding cattle for beef and is not approved for human-use. (night sweats, no sleep, paranoia, mood swings)

* debatable as most steroids actually cause more lack of breath.

To sum it up: essentially taking steroids make you feel like a woman, experience mood wings for the trade-off for a higher recovery

source: I'm a steroid user for bodybuilding purposes. I don't even look like I lift but a have the test-levels of a soyboy so training on clean-mode was essentially a complete waste of my time.

edit2: how it ultimately feels: once you try a basic level of test cycle you will never want to go back to normal levels. You feel happier, have more energy, are more horny and confident (depending on steroids, the heavy bodybuilders are absolutely miserable and are absolutely mentally dying)

edit3: steroids are almost a waste of time if you can't afford, time-wise, to train twice the amount you did before. I don't know too many people who can hit the gym 5-6 times per week.

Last edited:
Thank you. So it's mainly the ability to recover and heal? And is the aggression controllable, or does it break out randomly? And when you say ability to train, does it give you the impetus to as well? ie does your body crave physical exertion?
Not really craving for physical exertion but the recovery times are great and basically gives more cardio and endurance. Aggression is something which is really weird and it cant be described. Its basically being on the verge of getting irritated lol.

I don't have that much personal experience tho, it was something prescribed to me when i was 18 and the doctor was stupid(most of them in Asia).

Also, there alot of specific benefits from specific substances but in general, it basically makes you more of a man if you understand what i mean.

Back