What does it feel like to take steroids?

Thank you. So it's mainly the ability to recover and heal? And is the aggression controllable, or does it break out randomly? And when you say ability to train, does it give you the impetus to as well? ie does your body crave physical exertion?
A better question about how the agression wokrks shoould be...."how do you handle agression in general?"

If you are a easily pissed off half cocked individual ten don't blame the rods if you fly off the handle

Steroids if used properly don't create the problem....at worst they just exacerbate a problem you already have or are predisposed to....if your family has a history of liver, kidney or heart problems then you probably just raised your chance of getting one of those problems

I have never taken them, and probably never will, but I just wondered if any Sherdoggers on here would be candid enough to talk about what it feels like. The reason I ask is because watching Pride, these guys not only look like monsters, but move like superhumans. Of course most of the time that is backed up by years of training, but there is something about the way they are embedded with rage and power that is compelling.

I did the Bill Phillips Body For Life plan a few years ago, and though I got in the best shape of my life in those three months, I didn't look like one of those cover models. I now realise that those before and after photos everyone says are fake aren't fake at all, but probably the result of steroid use.

So yeah, excuse me if I seem naive, but how does it feel?

Aside from the physical...it can get you very emotional...cry over a commercial, while getting pissed off over every little thing...you have to really control yourself...depending on how much you take...from what i've read of course...

Serious reply
More aggression and the ability to train two times a day 7 days a week

Dorian yates, took a ton of steroids, and trained only 4x per week...working each body part 1x per week...while doing only 1 working set per exercise...so training like that is counter productive. the whole training every day 2x per day....

It makes your liver and kidneys and heart very sad.

I was speaking literally, figuratively it probably makes some people's hearts feel happy from being jacked.

Actually injectable steroids have little to no effect on your liver...Oral steroids are what causes liver problems...as are most reported side effects of steroids, they are greatly exxaggerated by the main stream media...

Dorian yates, took a ton of steroids, and trained only 4x per week...working each body part 1x per week...while doing only 1 working set per exercise...so training like that is counter productive. the whole training every day 2x per day....
I dont know about being counter productive or not and i didnt even write in this traijing's favor, i simply stated what can you do while on steroids

Sure. There are a large variety of different steroids with different purpose and goals. They are mainly used for body building whether you want to gain muscle or lose fat, but you need to supplement it with proper training and dieting. The most logical steroid and most commonly used one among MMA fighters is testosterone. Average testosterone cycle is 500 mg/per week and lasts 12 weeks. You won't feel a single difference in your mental state for the first 4~6 weeks - it takes time to kick in. Then you will experience higher lust and a bit more confidence but nothing major.

Testosterone, physically, gives you a faster recovery time for your muscles to build. Ever felt sore after a workout? This is the solution and essentially helps you train twice as much as a "normal" person. But playing with hormones is tricky and to avoid getting side-effects (bitch tits, acne, fucking up your endo system) you need to supplement it with an AI, aromatize inhibitor, which, when dosed incorrectly can cause major mood swings, mainly depression and apathy. After a "cycle" fighters also need to pass a post cycle treatment period with different drugs to balance one's endo system. These are what most of the fighters get busted with.

Besides testosterone, turinabol and anavar are steroids of similar effect. But people who think steroids give a massive fighting advantage are absolutely delusional. You feel slightly better, you have a slightly better stamina* and noticeably better recovery time - that it's. There are some stronger steroids like tren with more severe side effects (feeling godlike and getting angry fast) but afaik fighters don't use it, dozing tren and living with sides is absolutely horrible as it's literally invented for breeding cattle for beef and is not approved for human-use. (night sweats, no sleep, paranoia, mood swings)

* debatable as most steroids actually cause more lack of breath.

To sum it up: essentially taking steroids make you feel like a woman, experience mood wings for the trade-off for a higher recovery

source: I'm a steroid user for bodybuilding purposes. I don't even look like I lift but a have the test-levels of a soyboy so training on clean-mode was essentially a complete waste of my time.

edit2: how it ultimately feels: once you try a basic level of test cycle you will never want to go back to normal levels. You feel happier, have more energy, are more horny and confident (depending on steroids, the heavy bodybuilders are absolutely miserable and are absolutely mentally dying)

edit3: steroids are almost a waste of time if you can't afford, time-wise, to train twice the amount you did before. I don't know too many people who can hit the gym 5-6 times per week.

The last part is simply not true....Dorian yates, a 6x mr. olympia, only trained 4x per week..doing only 1 working set per exercise...which is pretty much what I do...the guy was an absolute monster...so obviously, if training more, was more effective, he would have done it...even if you do roids, your body still needs to recover...

Felt more energetic, masculine, aggressive, grounded. Was able to do more stuff and have more sex. Had no problems staring people down in public if they pissed me off was ready to fight. Got into more conflicts. Got respected and called attractive more.

Now I gained some weight I feel tired as hell all the time. Can't recall feeling that way on steroids.

I'd like to add that I definitely think injecting testosterone gives a distinct physical advantage over others. I used Test E and without even going to the gym I could suddenly lift a lot heavier than I used to. Was quite strange and surreal actually.

8xraD.gif

Mostly, you will feel a placebo effect. If you believe they work, and they will make you 20% stronger and bigger, guess what, you will hit the gym hard, and get big, and believe it was the steroids that made you do it. LOL

I dont know about being counter productive or not and i didnt even write in this traijing's favor, i simply stated what can you do while on steroids

I think dorian just trained harder instead of longer...arnold tended to train 6 days per week, sometimes 2x per day...for hours...so both training styles can work...I guess it depends on what you prefer and your bodies recovery ability...plus dorian probably trained harder on 1 set than most pro's train on 10 sets...

If you took turinabol and a couple cardio kickboxing classes you could KO DC with a headkick according to shertards

Not really craving for physical exertion but the recovery times are great and basically gives more cardio and endurance. Aggression is something which is really weird and it cant be described. Its basically being on the verge of getting irritated lol.

I don't have that much personal experience tho, it was something prescribed to me when i was 18 and the doctor was stupid(most of them in Asia).

Also, there alot of specific benefits from specific substances but in general, it basically makes you more of a man if you understand what i mean.

So true...you have to be really careful while driving...a person driving a tad to slow in front of you, is enough to make you want to rip his throat out and feed it to him..haha

So true...you have to be really careful while driving...a person driving a tad to slow in front of you, is enough to make you want to rip his throat out and feed it to him..haha
Lmfao yes thats the accurate description hahaha

Finally someone with a real educated answer!!

I’ve done a basic test cycle at about 400mg/week, I put on a little mass, was able to train longer and got way more vascular. Never really got that “monster” feeling in the gym tho or that “overall feeling of well being” that some experience. Admittedly, I probably didn’t eat nearly enough and would have had better gains if I increased intake. I did do the kickstart with a blend of 20-30mg tbol and 40-60mg anavar but only on training days, which gave insane pumps almost to the point of cramping.

My cycle ended with me shutting down my personal training facility and moving out, plus breaking a toe so literally after the cycle I couldn’t workout for about 7 weeks so you can pretty much guess I lost all the gains. I don’t regret it as I learned a lot and considering doing another cycle but this time paying better attention to the diet and pushing even heavier/harder.

The aggression wasn’t there from just a basic test cycle as I’ve heard that comes from other stuff like Tren and others...not advisable to go beyond test and an oral kickstart for your first few cycles.

depending on the type of testosterone...some take many weeks to even get going. and 400mg is a small cycle...

Back