What's wrong with Weidman?

His losses were all very competitive and to the top guys. People put way too much stock into who won or lost a fight instead of the talent level shown. Chris is as good as a candidate for a title fight as anybody, really. I think the oddsmakers would agree.

giphy.gif

source.gif

Brain damage.

Earlier, Chris always struck me as an intelligent guy. But I seriously think the damage that he's taken over the years has started to get to him, or his brain to be exact. It could be that or USADA.

I think Weidmans had a rough deal, his fights with Romero & Rockhold were competitive..but he still lost but he's still high level talent. He needs to just shut the fuck up and think everything is going to be handed to him just because he's a former title holder...I'd like to see him fight Branch although can't remember if he has a fight booked or not.

MW is truly in dire straits.
I completely agree with you, he's a high level pro fighter, although in 1-3, what really makes him fail in public interest is his way of saying stuff.
Some people get shortcuts by smack talking (Sonnen being the best example, McGregor in a lesser) he somehow achieves the contrary. Don't try to be witty when you're bitter, it blows!

there are 2 versions of Weidman. The early version is OK. As soon as he lost, esp. seriously injured, the bitterness came out.

This.

I’ve been a fan of Weidman’s from the start but the way he’s carried himself before becoming champ and after is totally different. Seems very entitled despite going 1-3 in his last four fights. I’m still rooting for him but he should really ease up on the trash talking.

His losses were all very competitive and to the top guys. People put way too much stock into who won or lost a fight instead of the talent level shown. Chris is as good as a candidate for a title fight as anybody, really. I think the oddsmakers would agree.
Yeah, but one of his losses was due to trying to game the system, that was one of the cringiest moments ever...

Not sure how many fighters were allowed to achieve 0-4 in UFC (can only recall Mir) and kept on its roster, on top of that although Weidman's fights were all so close he still doesn't sell well and is in no way an exciting fighter.

giphy.gif

source.gif

Brain damage.
I think you own chinarice an apology. Dude gonna be sleepless for the next week or so LOL

At least he could replied with Anderson Silva's loss, as if Anderson Silva is all that matters.

That knee surgery has hindered him, similar to young shogun

Is it me or dude is just unbearable? And still there he is complaining that he's the one and only fighter who has the right to fight for the belt when we have Bobby Knuckles, Jacare and Yoel at very least ahead of him (He should fight someone less than any of the 3, maybe Rockhold 2: The spinning revenge).

You lost me here have u been playing too much ufc3? You want Robert Whittaker vs Robert Whittaker for the title?
And to be fair to Chris he's won his last fight vs a dangerous OP. Jacare won vs the 10th ranked guy and was starched vs Bobby already. Yoel also only won his last fight was overweight and lost to Bobby recently. Gastelum won his last fight vs a concussion victim and lost before to Weidman. Rockhold was KTFO.

While not the best option maybe he's got a case. I agree though he needs another big win to be legit weidman v Jacare or rockhold 2, should be next.

Is it me or dude is just unbearable? He talks shit all the time, akin to McGregor, but while Conor is indeed witty and funny he's just sore and whiny. And even McGregor isn't doing it anymore and he still try to call for attention.

He always paraded himself like the last cookie in the jar, but hey, wake up, you've been beaten enormously, 3 times in a row and had Gastelum beat you up you'd most likely been released from UFC in a fall from grace just as quick as his ascension.

And still there he is complaining that he's the one and only fighter who has the right to fight for the belt when we have Bobby Knuckles, Jacare and Yoel at very least ahead of him (He should fight someone less than any of the 3, maybe Rockhold 2: The spinning revenge).

I don't want to spread hatred, but damn, this guy really need to seat down and be humble.

I personally think that Romero's knee f*cked his mind up. Guy is delusional as f*ck, more so than talking sh*t.

You lost me here have u been playing too much ufc3? You want Robert Whittaker vs Robert Whittaker for the title?
And to be fair to Chris he's won his last fight vs a dangerous OP. Jacare won vs the 10th ranked guy and was starched vs Bobby already. Yoel also only won his last fight was overweight and lost to Bobby recently. Gastelum won his last fight vs a concussion victim and lost before to Weidman. Rockhold was KTFO.

While not the best option maybe he's got a case. I agree though he needs another big win to be legit weidman v Jacare or rockhold 2, should be next.
LOL, never played UFC3 but I got your point, from what I expected UFC wanted to give either Romero or Rockhold the belt so that they could make up a Whittaker vs. The Champ #2 right after, but since Romero was overweight that kinda undermined the idea.

Still, Whittaker vs. Romero #2 is right now the fair way to go, let Weidman fight someone easier to pick up momentum, then someone in the hard tier (Yoel/Jacare/Whittaker/Rockhold, as long as not the champ), succeeding at both would make him belt material, pretty likely fighting against another one of that hard tier.

About the losses, I'm not sure if we're on the same page.. There clearly is a difference between losing to someone and being KTFO by three someones in a row. Gastelum although a talented fighter was indeed making his debut on an upper division, it was quite the least we expected from Weidman.

LOL, never played UFC3 but I got your point, from what I expected UFC wanted to give either Romero or Rockhold the belt so that they could make up a Whittaker vs. The Champ #2 right after, but since Romero was overweight that kinda undermined the idea.

Still, Whittaker vs. Romero #2 is right now the fair way to go, let Weidman fight someone easier to pick up momentum, then someone in the hard tier (Yoel/Jacare/Whittaker/Rockhold, as long as not the champ), succeeding at both would make him belt material, pretty likely fighting against another one of that hard tier.

About the losses, I'm not sure if we're on the same page.. There clearly is a difference between losing to someone and being KTFO by three someones in a row. Gastelum although a talented fighter was indeed making his debut on an upper division, it was quite the least we expected from Weidman.

You do know Whittaker IS the current champion right?

And Kelvin was on his 3rd fight at MW in a row 4th if u count fat johny and he's had other MW fights before , it was no way "making his debut on an upper division"

You do know Whittaker IS the current champion right?

And Kelvin was on his 3rd fight at MW in a row 4th if u count fat johny and he's had other MW fights before , it was no way "making his debut on an upper division"
LMAO, To be honest with you, no, just checked right now and it's official! When was he promoted to champ?

GSP won over Bisping and ran away in panic, therefore Whittaker is now the champ? Am I missing something? o_O

Actually, try looking at it this way:

How many first rounds has Chris won?
(All of them)

How many 2nd rounds has Chris won?
(Some of them)

How many 3rd rounds has Chris lost?
(Most of them)

He’s “competitive” because of those first rounds.
He fades really quickly after that, besides the Machida fight.

If Weidman could fight like he does in the first round for 5 full rounds, he would be far and away the best fighter ever.

Actually, try looking at it this way:

How many first rounds has Chris won?
(All of them)

How many 2nd rounds has Chris won?
(Some of them)

How many 3rd rounds has Chris lost?
(Most of them)

He’s “competitive” because of those first rounds.
He fades really quickly after that, besides the Machida fight.

If Weidman could fight like he does in the first round for 5 full rounds, he would be far and away the best fighter ever.
We can conclude that Weidman is the old version of Overeem

I think his defeats were a bit upsets, but then that show us that he really suck on overturning bad situations, quite like Pettis vs RDA.

Like Tyson once said, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Even Weidman knows he doesn't deserve a title shot next. In his (slight) defense though, he was originally slated to rematch Luke Rockhold for the belt until Bisping took his place, won the title, and then sent the entire division into chaos for a year by avoiding actual contenders. Doesn't change the fact that Chris went on to lose two more straight afterwards, but still.

LMAO, To be honest with you, no, just checked right now and it's official! When was he promoted to champ?

GSP won over Bisping and ran away in panic, therefore Whittaker is now the champ? Am I missing something? o_O

It's because Whittaker v Yoel 1 was for the Interm Title, and GSP walking away means he conceded the Undisputed title to the Whittaker.

In a world where Gustafsson can get a title shot right after being molested by rumble nothing is delusional. If Chris can get a win over Jacare he'd probably be next in line after Yoel.

He doesn't bother me. He's accomplished a great deal at MW. Arguably the MW GOAT. When he loses tho, he goes out in extraordinary fashion. I enjoy his fights and his mental approach. It's been a rough go for him as of late but I still consider him top 5 (Whittaker, Romero, Jacare, Puke).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back