Woodley and Dan Hardy twitter war

Dan doesnt know shit. Never was champ and treated like shit very publicly and Dan still has to hustle and kiss UFC ass to make ends meat with his wrecked body UFC made billions off- Tyron is trying to change that paradigm.

Well then reflect for a moment on one of the posts Hardy made. He basically gave Woodley a blueprint on how to make money. People such as Rousey or Conor are able to make room for themselves, regardless of their skill level (Tyron has more than either of them), and make serious bank based on the fact that: A - they win their fucking fights, and B - are an interesting and charismatic fighter that the general public likes to watch.

Unfortunately for Woodley, he only really has half of that equation taken care of.

Take this into consideration when saying Dan Hardy doesn't know shit. He may have a broken body, due to a career, which he has chosen...but unlike other high profile ex champs and long time company men such as Liddell (who should have plenty of money if he looked after it), he actually still has employment through the means that he chooses, and doesn't have to contemplate coming out of retirement just to pay the bills. I believe his ass-kissing is working just fine. He makes a decent living and still gets to work doing something he loves. More than I can say for most people.

Hardy has my respect.

Tyron may be fighting the good fight but he's going about it the wrong way, I agree things have to change but you can't fight the machine on your own.

Dan doesnt know shit. Never was champ and treated like shit very publicly and Dan still has to hustle and kiss UFC ass to make ends meat with his wrecked body UFC made billions off- Tyron is trying to change that paradigm.
<WellThere>

I like Hardy, but he should shut the fuck up about this. Woodley would ko him sensless anytime.

I dunno it depends which woodley shows up..
Rory woodley gets smashed by hardy
Lawler/ koscheck woodley wins brutally

Dont sleep on the outlaw dude was forced out of by pussy drs..not because he was a bad fighter

Hardy is good stuff. Woodley is a great fighter, however, I do not enjoy watching his fight style. I feel like he is trying to imitate GSP's style of fighting not to lose moreso than trying to finish (GSP did try to finish fights far more than he gets credit for). Woodley has the power to knock people into other planets but barely throws strikes. I think he doesn't trust his cardio enough to have a high output and it leads to some pretty crappy fights. At the end of the day, winning is winning and it's on an opponent to be able to take it to him like Rory did and force him to fight or lose.

Again, he is a great fighter. No easy win for anyone. I wish he would just not be talking about non #1 contenders fights and matches that are completely ridiculous over guys like RDA and Covington who are clearly the next logical fight for him.

Dan Hardy via KO.

He is right on the money.

Nobody likes Tyrone. Atleast use that to get people to care and pay to see you fight. Tyrone is oblivious.

if UFC stripped Tyrone and made RDA vs Covington for the belt nobody would complain except him. Nobody cares about this guy. Nobody wants to see tyrone fight.

A champion solves the biggest problem in the division twice and defends takedowns for the final 4 rounds of a title fight with a torn rotator cuff.

Is Woodley planning on fighting anybody anytime soon or is he just going to call out a bunch of people and complain?

Tyron in another Twitter spat a few day after saying he's a grown man that doesn't do Twitter spats

Woodley wants to hold on to his spot at the top with as many easy fights as possible. Not everyone has the just bleed fight god spirit like Holloway for example.

Can’t blame him for playing the game and looking out for himself. Especially when the entire mma scene is littered with fighters who have been taken advantage of for years to the point of the “union” discussion has been going on forever.

He’s also not the first last or only guy to ever play the race card. I don’t even think he plays it as much as he truly feels that way. And why wouldn’t he with all the shit that got stirred up in his home town.

At least he’s not Colby cringe level with a routine so desperate and lame that people throw boomerangs at your head.

Woodley tried and is trying to get money and sadly just doesn’t have a good act or an angle that makes it impossible to not bend to his demands. He’s a boring yet highly effective fighter .....he’s also an extremely bland personality; genuinely and professionally.

He’s had the good fortune of the Ufc doing all kinds of shit show interim circus matchmaking lately and his division really not having a clear cut #1 contender.

Dan hardy in this spot comes off as a jealous hater imo. Trying to act like he’s some legend giving elite advice by pointing out what other people(sherdog keyboard warriors most likely) are saying on “twitter” , the holy trinity Ufc career path bible that woodley oughta be making his career decisions based on apparently.

Hopefully the last style bender drops to 170 and wins a few fights. He would be an undeniable contender that could easily turn into a money fight and would make everyone happy.

Diaz Conor gsp ain’t happened.

Rda probably not either tbh

For now he’s gonna be shadow boxing yves Edwards in the fox studio

Dan is a good fight break down guy but he should shut up. This is the same guy who claimed Conor could beat Floyd in a boxing match because he sees more weapons in MMA. What the fuck does he know about being a champion ? He's a journeyman at best.

He's right though. How does Woodley's ability to beat him in a fight invalidate his statement?
It doesnt. But what the fuck does he know about being a champion ? He's just being a company kiss ass.

It’s true. I wouldn’t have a beer with Woodley, or employ someone with the mindset that everyone is against them. Leaders and people with a forward thinking mindset are much more pleasant to be around.

I think Woodley has always come off as a thoughtful guy. He is a whiny champ, but I think he's just trying to play the self marketing game. His attacks on Thompson (or Thompson's fans, I can't remember precisely) as being racist got him some attention a few years back. And attacking Dana is usually a sure bet to gain sympathy with MMA fans.

I doubt he sits around griping about everyone in his down time.

Im just checking in to say I find woodley insufferable and hope to see him knocked cold every fight for the rest of his career

that is all

I think Woodley has always come off as a thoughtful guy. He is a whiny champ, but I think he's just trying to play the self marketing game. His attacks on Thompson (or Thompson's fans, I can't remember precisely) as being racist got him some attention a few years back. And attacking Dana is usually a sure bet to gain sympathy with MMA fans.

I doubt he sits around griping about everyone in his down time.

Woodley would probably call his mailman racist if he delivered 10 minutes late one time per year

TWood should listen to Dan. Dan was a mid level fighter but had that 'it' thing going, that is why he was gifted his TS against GSP in what was maybe the largest title mismatch of all time to that date. Conor listened to the fans wants, saw Chael become a star with his talk but no fight, saw Andy become a star with his fight but no talk, saw the fans grow discontented with lay and pray and yes men, and he supplied a market for their demand. As a result, he became the biggest superstar fighting has possibly ever seen, and certainly the most successful in the shortest time.

You're right, commentators can't have opinions on fighters, Joe Rogan should just cancel his MMA podcasts and never talk about MMA again outside of his job.

I would rather take the advice of an actual defending champion than a non, regarding the perceived faulty actions a champion.

<LordRoose> Thanks for your opinion, DAN..

Yea Woodley seems like he'd be awkward and not the type of guy I'd want to be around outside of the cage. The same kinda dudes that yell "racist!" On Facebook about any inconvenience

Back