Sherdog Old Men Forum

Respect.
I'm gonna turn 48 right quick here

Hey you know about such things, is this a good guitar or a shit one?

dennis_coffey_2_doug_coombe.jpg

Want to talk fashion? Thinking about getting this slick pair of orthopedic kicks.

pwmin209739_119216_jb1.jpg

I’ve got you guys beat, so yeah I’m in. I’ll be back in a minute, I thought I had a fart saved up but it was wet.

Coming from someone who doesn't know Gibbys... looks like an early model Explorer. Could be worth something.

What makes one better for certain type of play than another, or is down to the player?

See what I mean, when you hear Les Paul you think of his sound:

Then you have Chuck, right.

Dennis

So how much of those trade mark sounds are the type/brand/model guitar and how much are the players?

Will any electric guitar cover all the styles and sounds?

What makes one better for certain type of play than another, or is down to the player?

See what I mean, when you hear Les Paul you think of his sound:

Then you have Chuck, right.

Dennis

So how much of those trade mark sounds are the type/brand/model guitar and how much are the players?

Will any electric guitar cover all the styles and sounds?

I can tell ya this
When I first bought and plugged in a Strat, I knew I had a lot of classic sounds available, and the first thing I thought of was the 007 theme. It's right there, that tone, regardless of how well you play it.
No electric will cover all sounds and styles, you just have to look for one that feels right in your hands, and you love the sound.

Is there a need for this? I think it would be nice for old guys to have meaningful discussions with each other. I only propose this because I'm an old guy (48) and it it's hard for many of us to relate to the younger guys who have different goals. 35 or 40 would be a good break. What say you?

Damn kids in here!
Asset_Get-Off-My-Lawn-300x200.png

Oh hells ya! Birthday coming up this sunday, gonna be turning.....46! Gonna knit myself a fancy scarf for the occasion. Couple of beers and I'm all...

giphy.gif

My homies @Myrddin Wild and @One MMA Fan are even chipping in to get me one of those chairs that slides up the side of the wall

Back