Lonzo Ball: Bust or Baller?

Lavar is such a buffoon. He's making two assumptions, that his other kids can't make the NBA on their own, and that Lonzo is good enough to make a team bite on all three. Hopefully he doesn't fuck their futures up too bad.
i hope he does. his kids are all being played by him for his own benefit. the thing is, i think he has overplayed his hand. whether lonzo is a bust or not is still up for debate, but he in NO WAY has shown enough that teams must also take on his brothers if they want his services. LA needs to get rid of him while they can

i hope he does. his kids are all being played by him for his own benefit. the thing is, i think he has overplayed his hand. whether lonzo is a bust or not is still up for debate, but he in NO WAY has shown enough that teams must also take on his brothers if they want his services. LA needs to get rid of him while they can
If Lonzo was a consistent triple-double player, maybe I could see giving his brothers some sort of gig on a marketing team or something non-playing related to retain his services. But that's a big if, and like you said, it makes your front office look like saps. You can't put 3 Balls on the roster and compete. I just feel bad for his kids, and a little guilty that the failure I wish upon Lavar must ultimately come from them.

Lonzo has to distance himself from this immediately. Not only will no gms want to touch him but no teammates will want to play with him

Lonzo has to distance himself from this immediately. Not only will no gms want to touch him but no teammates will want to play with him
except for his future teammates.....his brothers

Bunch of small ballers itt. LonzGOAT, “Gelo” and “Melo” will win multiple championships.

in Lithuania

and so it begins.....

LaVar Ball says Lonzo won't resign with the Lakers unless they also draft LilAngelo as well. if they dont, he will walk and if a team wants to sign him, they must also get BOTH of the brothers.

1. Let the fucker walk. lilangelo is garbage. plus you cave here, you might as well make LaVar the coach because he will effectively be running the team.

2. what the fuck team would want all 3 of them on their team??!!! see above, you will have no control of that team. i really hope that entire family is blackballed from the league. and i dont care if its his dad, lonzo needs to grow a set and tell his dad to fuck off. his silence just says he agrees

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lavar-ball-lonzo-ball-won-211501931.html

Lonzo really needs to tell his dad it's time to shut the fuck up....

lmao @ anyone taking Lavar seriously.

He needs to stay healthy.

sick of this fucking ugly looking goofball and his dad. All Fakers hype.

LonzGOAT dropped the hottest mixtape of 2018

He's looking more and more like a bust each day. The raw numbers are okay for a rookie (10/7/7), but when you look deeper, he really gets exposed. His field goal percentage and 3 point percentage is the worst among rookies, as well as his free throw percentage, which at 48% is 12% worse than DeAndre Jordan. He's also doing this on a bad team with a lot of playing time, which pads his stats a bit. Jayson Tatum putting up big numbers on a contending team with less minutes is much more impressive.

He looks like a poor man's Michael Carter-Williams. Hell, Michael Carter-Williams had a much better rookie season and was drafted 9 spots below Ball, and even he looks like a bust after his rookie of the year season. In today's league if you can't shoot and you're not a big man, you're basically fucked. Hell, even a lot of the big men are stretch 5s and stretch 4s. I'm basically convinced he's going to be a Michael Carter-Williams-type player now at best and will never be anything special.

lmao @ anyone taking Lavar seriously.

That isn't really the point. He is sabotaging Lonzo's career.

Lavar has a voice, and he is fucking Lonzo and the Lakers up.

Edit-Melo and whatever the other one is called are cans. For that matter Lonzo is a can. Can't shoot. Wrong era.

He's looking more and more like a bust each day. The raw numbers are okay for a rookie (10/7/7), but when you look deeper, he really gets exposed. His field goal percentage and 3 point percentage is the worst among rookies, as well as his free throw percentage, which at 48% is 12% worse than DeAndre Jordan. He's also doing this on a bad team with a lot of playing time, which pads his stats a bit. Jayson Tatum putting up big numbers on a contending team with less minutes is much more impressive.

He looks like a poor man's Michael Carter-Williams. Hell, Michael Carter-Williams had a much better rookie season and was drafted 9 spots below Ball, and even he looks like a bust after his rookie of the year season. In today's league if you can't shoot and you're not a big man, you're basically fucked. Hell, even a lot of the big men are stretch 5s and stretch 4s. I'm basically convinced he's going to be a Michael Carter-Williams-type player now at best and will never be anything special.
It's not like he isn't improving. In the 12 games before his injury, Lonzo was averaging 13.5/7.8/7.2 shooting 38% from 3 and 42% from the field. His FT% was still trash at 44% but it's not like that can't be improved either. Having watched a ton of Laker games this season, he clearly makes the team better on both the offensive and defensive ends. The offense, at times, is stagnant without him. The team defense is objectively worse .

Plus he's also a rookie. Look at Paul George's rookie numbers. He was averaging 8/3/1 and shooting 29% from 3. Look at Giannis' numbers. He was averaging 7/4/2 and shooting 41% from the floor as a big man. It's way too early to call Lonzo a bust. Shooting can be improved and that is only one of the few problems in his game. He rebounds, plays defense (as a rookie, he was 12th in total take aways (steals and blocks) in the entire league) and directs the offense. BI was considered a bust around this time last year too. Just give it time. Lonzo is the type of player who will rarely put up gaudy scoring numbers. That's not his role and that is an area that can be improved upon.

Last edited:
Can't play D and can't shoot. Why is this a thread?

It's not like he isn't improving. In the 12 games before his injury, Lonzo was averaging 13.5/7.8/7.2 shooting 38% from 3 and 42% from the field. His FT% was still trash at 44% but it's not like that can't be improved either. Having watched a ton of Laker games this season, he clearly makes the team better on both the offensive and defensive ends. The offense, at times, is stagnant without him. The team defense is objectively worse .

Plus he's also a rookie. Look at Paul George's rookie numbers. He was averaging 8/3/1 and shooting 29% from 3. Look at Giannis' numbers. He was averaging 7/4/2 and shooting 41% from the floor as a big man. It's way too early to call Lonzo a bust. Shooting can be improved and that is only one of the few problems in his game. He rebounds, plays defense (as a rookie, he was 12th in total take aways (steals and blocks) in the entire league) and directs the offense. BI was considered a bust around this time last year too. Just give it time. Lonzo is the type of player who will rarely put up gaudy scoring numbers. That's not his role and that is an area that can be improved upon.
It's not just him as a player right now and his potential for improvement, it's the fact that he's like an indirect team snitch when he tells his father stuff and then dad blasts it all over the media. His dad is a megalomaniac and the juice isn't worth the squeeze so to speak. Demanding that the Lakers take his two other bum sons. It's like Joseph Jackson saying if you want Michael, you've also got to sign Tito and Randy.

Except Lonzo ain't a Michael Jackson-type talent, plus sports is based on merit and not nearly as subjective as entertainment. I think Lonzo would play better if his dad was a normal dad. The whole package just stinks to high hell and the son has to be under a TON of pressure to perform under these circumstances. Nothing against him, but the whole situation looks like a bust to me. I can easily imagine all 3 of them stuck in basketball hell overseas.

It's not just him as a player right now and his potential for improvement, it's the fact that he's like an indirect team snitch when he tells his father stuff and then dad blasts it all over the media. His dad is a megalomaniac and the juice isn't worth the squeeze so to speak. Demanding that the Lakers take his two other bum sons. It's like Joseph Jackson saying if you want Michael, you've also got to sign Tito and Randy.

Except Lonzo ain't a Michael Jackson-type talent, plus sports is based on merit and not nearly as subjective as entertainment. I think Lonzo would play better if his dad was a normal dad. The whole package just stinks to high hell and the son has to be under a TON of pressure to perform under these circumstances. Nothing against him, but the whole situation looks like a bust to me. I can easily imagine all 3 of them stuck in basketball hell overseas.
lol, it'd be great if the NBA banned players from the Summer Olympics and suddenly you have the Ball brothers starting in Tokyo. "3 time Lithuanian top-scorer, LaMelo Ball!"

He needs to stay healthy.

This. I like Lonzo's progress, and the team is much better with him on the floor. But those injuries worry me. He has sat out twice now. Long absences are not going to help his image as a solid rookie

Can't play D and can't shoot. Why is this a thread?

He does play D. He also rebounds, passes, blocks and controls the tempo of the offense. His 3 point shooting was improving drastically before he went down.

Back