Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up midway through season 2 but I might give it another chance because I can't find anything decent on TV at the moment.
The Magicians season 2 was very good IMO but season 3 is on another level (so far).

Maybe they can bury the hatchet and bond over how much of a bitch the girl from the first movie was.

Didn’t she dump Dany boy for a college jock after six months in the sequel?
Probably cos they didn't bother putting her in the film.

@Dragonlordxxxxx , did you hear about Usagi Yojimbo being made into a series? I hope they do it right. It is one of the more underrated comics. I just hope they stick to the source material and not make it too kid-friendly. I mean Sakai and Dark Horse are going to be involved so I guess it can't be too bad. Would be hilarious if Phil Lamar did the voice but people would likely accuse it of trying to be Samurai Jack even though Usagi Yojimbo predates it.

https://www.newsarama.com/38515-sakai-s-usagi-yojimbo-optioned-for-cartoon-series.html

Last edited:
@Dragonlordxxxxx , did you hear about Usagi Yojimbo being made into a series? I hope they do it right. It is one of the more underrated comics. I just hope they stick to the source material and not make it too kid-friendly. I mean Sakai and Dark Horse are going to be involved so I guess it can't be too bad. Would be hilarious if Phil Lamar did the voice but people would likely accuse it of trying to be Samurai Jack even though Usagi Yojimbo predates it.

https://www.newsarama.com/38515-sakai-s-usagi-yojimbo-optioned-for-cartoon-series.html
Thanks. Haven't heard about that.

Usagi was well represented in last year's TMNT arc.

Thanks. Haven't heard about that.

Usagi was well represented in last year's TMNT arc.

The last arc was great. Especially loved the Fury Road homage. I can see Usagi Yojimbo becoming a Netflix series. Given the type of genre, it would fit in nicely.

SUICIDE SQUAD's Jay Hernandez to Star in CBS Remake of MAGNUM P.I.

iSFtH1F.jpg

CBS has selected the potential heir to Tom Selleck's treasure trove of open-buttoned Hawaiian shirts. The network has tapped Jay Hernandez to play the title role in its reboot of Magnum P.I., one of several remakes CBS is considering for the 2018-19 TV season.

Hernandez will don the Detroit Tigers ball cap and (ideally) the mustache made famous by Selleck over seven seasons of playing Thomas Magnum, who is described for this update as a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator.

The pilot will be set in Hawaii, with CBS remake king Peter Lenkov (Hawaii Five-0, MacGyver) writing and executive producing alongside Eric Guggenheim and with action director Justin Lin at the helm.

For Hernandez, it marks his first series regular role since the short-lived Fox drama Gang Related. He recently completed a guest arc on ABC's Scandal and has appeared in such features as Suicide Squad, Bad Moms and Netflix's Bright.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-picks-new-magnum-pi-1086625

Disappointed (not that I cared that much about the reboot in the first place). Was expecting someone gruffier and more manly for the role of Thomas Magnum.

Jay Hernandez is no Tom Selleck. Beyond the offical 5’9” aka really 5’7” frame and baby face. I don’t remember him ever doing an action scene or being a ladies man in any other role.

Are they planning to use Hawaii 5-0 to back-up door pilot the show or does CBS just have a hard-on for retired SEALs in Hawaii?

SUICIDE SQUAD's Jay Hernandez to Star in CBS Remake of MAGNUM P.I.

iSFtH1F.jpg

CBS has selected the potential heir to Tom Selleck's treasure trove of open-buttoned Hawaiian shirts. The network has tapped Jay Hernandez to play the title role in its reboot of Magnum P.I., one of several remakes CBS is considering for the 2018-19 TV season.

Hernandez will don the Detroit Tigers ball cap and (ideally) the mustache made famous by Selleck over seven seasons of playing Thomas Magnum, who is described for this update as a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator.

The pilot will be set in Hawaii, with CBS remake king Peter Lenkov (Hawaii Five-0, MacGyver) writing and executive producing alongside Eric Guggenheim and with action director Justin Lin at the helm.

For Hernandez, it marks his first series regular role since the short-lived Fox drama Gang Related. He recently completed a guest arc on ABC's Scandal and has appeared in such features as Suicide Squad, Bad Moms and Netflix's Bright.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-picks-new-magnum-pi-1086625
<DisgustingHHH>

DROP DEAD DIVA's April Bowlby Cast as Doom Patrol's Elasti-Girl in TITANS

Geoff Johns promised we’d see The Doom Patrol on DC’s upcoming live-action Teen Titans series — and now we’ve got a better idea of what iteration of the team of super-powered misfits that we’ll be seeing.

Drop Dead Diva alum April Bowlby has been cast as Rita Farr, a.k.a. Elasti-Girl on Titans, EW has learned exclusively. An actress on the rise, Rita Farr was exposed to a toxic gas that altered her cellular structure — which, in the comics, allows her to expand or shrink her body at will. Longing for the days of old, Rita finds a place for herself among The Doom Patrol.

Following the casting of Bruno Bichir as Dr. Niles Caulder, a.k.a. The Chief, Elasti-Girl’s casting seems to indicate we’ll likely be getting the original roster of The Doom Patrol, which also included Negative Man and Robotman.

The live-action series, which will help kick off DC’s new digital platform, features Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites) leading a group of young superheroes, including Starfire (Anna Diop) and Raven (Teagan Croft). Alan Ritchson and Minka Kelly will also appear as vigilante duo Hawk and Dove.

Bowlby, who will next appear in an arc on Paramount Networks’ Heathers, will first pop up in episode 5, titled “The Doom Patrol,” with a potential to recur later in the season.

Titans — executive produced by Johns, Akiva Goldsman, Greg Berlanti, and Sarah Schechter — is set to debut in 2018 on Warner Bros. Digital Networks’ upcoming DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/20/titans-casts-drop-dead-diva-star-as-elasti-girl/

DROP DEAD DIVA's April Bowlby Cast as Doom Patrol's Elasti-Girl in TITANS

Geoff Johns promised we’d see The Doom Patrol on DC’s upcoming live-action Teen Titans series — and now we’ve got a better idea of what iteration of the team of super-powered misfits that we’ll be seeing.

Drop Dead Diva alum April Bowlby has been cast as Rita Farr, a.k.a. Elasti-Girl on Titans, EW has learned exclusively. An actress on the rise, Rita Farr was exposed to a toxic gas that altered her cellular structure — which, in the comics, allows her to expand or shrink her body at will. Longing for the days of old, Rita finds a place for herself among The Doom Patrol.

Following the casting of Bruno Bichir as Dr. Niles Caulder, a.k.a. The Chief, Elasti-Girl’s casting seems to indicate we’ll likely be getting the original roster of The Doom Patrol, which also included Negative Man and Robotman.

The live-action series, which will help kick off DC’s new digital platform, features Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites) leading a group of young superheroes, including Starfire (Anna Diop) and Raven (Teagan Croft). Alan Ritchson and Minka Kelly will also appear as vigilante duo Hawk and Dove.

Bowlby, who will next appear in an arc on Paramount Networks’ Heathers, will first pop up in episode 5, titled “The Doom Patrol,” with a potential to recur later in the season.

Titans — executive produced by Johns, Akiva Goldsman, Greg Berlanti, and Sarah Schechter — is set to debut in 2018 on Warner Bros. Digital Networks’ upcoming DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/20/titans-casts-drop-dead-diva-star-as-elasti-girl/
I loved Grant Morrison's run on Doom Patrol, but I somehow doubt that'll be the direction they go in here...

Announcement Trailer for Netflix's LOST IN SPACE; Premieres April 13, 2018

The Robinson family, part of a highly trained mission to establish a new colony in space, is unexpectedly pulled off course forcing them to crash land on a lost planet. Lost in Space premieres April 13, 2018.

Disney Planning Another MUPPETS Reboot for Its Streaming Service

FB1GIJD.jpg

Disney's forthcoming direct-to-consumer streaming service is going to be a prime hub for remakes, reboots and all manner of familiar IP, at least according to early buzz about its initial film and television slate.

Headed by OTT programming chief Agnes Chu, the as-yet-unnamed service — envisioned as a competitor to Netflix — will be a home for family-friendly fare including Marvel feature films and such TV series as a live-action Star Wars (with multiple variations already in the works, per CEO Bob Iger) and, sources tell THR, a reboot of The Muppets.

Disney acquired The Muppets Studio in 2004 and most recently attempted to revive Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy and company on the small screen with a critically panned ABC comedy that was canceled after one season in 2016. A search for a writer for the new take is underway.

Also poised to be part of the TV slate, according to Iger, are reboots of star-maker High School Musical and a series based on Pixar's Monsters, Inc. A TV version of The Mighty Ducks, from the trilogy's original screenwriter, is also considered likely to land on the platform, sources say.

The Disney brand extension is expected to make a heavy push into film with an eye on Disney's robust library of family titles. The Parent Trap (1998), Father of the Bride (1991) and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989) are among the first projects on the table for potential film reboots, sources say.

Still to be determined, however, are the official launch date (sometime in fall 2019) and price point for the service, which is expected to bow domestically before expanding abroad.

Disney Planning Another 'Muppets' Reboot for Its Streaming Service (Exclusive)

Good, good. That 2016 Muppets series was pretty bad and went against the essence of the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back