Things that are depicted inaccurately in tv/film

House parties

this is debatable. i say this because i had a friend come up to chico CA and was blown away and said i thought these types of parties were only in the movies. It was just a regular saturday night for me.

Certain places have crazy parties

In Civil War, we saw War Machine get paralyzed from his fall. Ok, fine.

But it's weird that in the MCU, he'd actually get hurt from that fall when in Iron Man 1, Tony gets shot out the air by the damn tank. He casually gets up, shoots the tank and is on his way without even a limp

But it's weird that in the MCU, he'd actually get hurt from that fall when in Iron Man 1, Tony gets shot out the air by the damn tank. He casually gets up, shoots the tank and is on his way

Iron mans suit is better

But it's weird that in the MCU, he'd actually get hurt from that fall when in Iron Man 1, Tony gets shot out the air by the damn tank. He casually gets up, shoots the tank and is on his way

But Tony's suit still had power so

<Insert bullshit explanation here>

But it's weird that in the MCU, he'd actually get hurt from that fall when in Iron Man 1, Tony gets shot out the air by the damn tank. He casually gets up, shoots the tank and is on his way without even a limp

Main character power bro. Hawkeye also subdued Vision for a second with tazer arrows.

Almost every war movie going. Band of brothers did a great job with artillery explosions etc tho

I remember watching The Raid. They would actually slam each others' faces into the walls/floor and they'd get up immediately with just some sweat on their forehead.

That short Asian dude at the end was harder to put down than the T-1000 for some reason.

I have never heard of that show.

Almost every war movie going. Band of brothers did a great job with artillery explosions etc tho

Saving Private Ryan did a very good job as well... that "fog of war" and not knowing what in the hell is going on. They screwed up some stuff but there was a good sense of dread during each of the engagements.

E
Ever since I found out sprinklers spray out dirty water as the pipes get worked through I have yet to see a sprinkler scene with dirty water - it's always so crisp and clean

Everything sucks on Netflix has dirty water come me out.

Cars not starting when they are not old pieces of shit

Actors smoking cigarettes. A lot of the time they're just holding it in their mouth and not inhaling.

I wouldn’t know. I have tried to watch that movie a couple times but just never got into it.

It's kind of a weird movie, very slow to get going, very convoluted plot - the first car chase get bucky scene was interesting as was the airport fight but I didn't feel the end of the movie

I was legit let down when Bucky was like "There's 5 other guys worse than me"

I thought - "Oh shit! that could be a fun fight!"

Then later some guy behind a glass window is like "I shot em all while they were sleeping"

"Here watch this video"

Fighting. Always fighting. First, they always do all that Aikido bullshit against multiple opponents and it works because their opponents are fighting completely ridiculously. Second, most people don’t know how to do anything but stick their chin up in the air and throw windmill punches. Even in a movie she’s it’s just two guys in a bar throwing down, they both are somehow at least golden gloves boxers. Third, they always fight forever and take way too much damage. Unless they’re professional fighters, two people off the street are going to last about 30 seconds to a minute before they gas completely. And they always take ridiculous amounts of damage in movies. Like the type of damage that would kill someone.
Yes, and when you have two tough guys or superheros fight, no one ever gets damaged and the shitty fight lasts forever, so boring to watch.
But if a lady hero gets surrounded by commandos, she dispatches each of them with some fancy jab.

Yes, and when you have two tough guys or superheros fight, no one ever gets damaged and the shitty fight lasts forever, so boring to watch.
But if a lady hero gets surrounded by commandos, she dispatches each of them with some fancy jab.
There are about 4-5 times Batman should have either died or been maimed in BvS when Superman was trying to go easy on him

Space.
Especially the depiction of sound.
There's no air to convey sound waves.
No pew pew whoosh.

I know, audiences are stupid and wouldn't understand.
"Why did everything go silent?
Why did the movie stop thinking for me?"

How boring would Star Wars be if the space battles were silent :eek:

@Myrddin Wild @EvilDDS @One MMA Fan
Haha... Great point by both of you.

Sound "inside" a vessel, has air & so is heard... so an explosion for example on the hull would be heard. Lets just say that blaster fire is represented by what the person shooting it is hearing as it leaves the gun & airwaves transfer the sound into the cab. The sound the TIE fighters make are the sound that the driver of that vessel hearz... etc... :D

Since Star Wars is just a cinimatic representation of true historical events. (from a long time ago)... & as it's only a representation... they added the sound to these historical biographies for the sake of the audience... as heard from inside each vessel.

Last edited:
Any time there's a sex scene they hardly ever show penetration or orgasms. Kids these days are going to be awkwardly groping and grinding on each other and wonder why a baby never follows

this is just a cinimatic representation of true historical events.

giphy.gif

Back