New Korean MMA News and Discussion

Are there any decent Korean prospects these days? All I could think of is Yoon Jun Lee, but he's been awol since getting injured.

Young Ji Kim steps right back into the fire after upsetting Yoshiko. She draws Rin Nakai, who is returning from various injury setbacks, at DEEP 82 Impact

Young Ji Kim steps right back into the fire after upsetting Yoshiko. She draws Rin Nakai, who is returning from various injury setbacks, at DEEP 82 Impact
I feel bad for Korean fighters. Always getting fed to Japanese wolves.

Three Korean fighters will be in Japan Sunday to fight in Wardog Cage Fight 16/Grachan 33. Hopefully they make it onto Grachan's YT channel. Of course, one of them is a squash match that's pretty extreme even by JMMA standards.

Shohei Oda (2-0 Japan) vs. Jae Sung Park (0-1 Korea)

Erika Saziki (3-1 Brazil) vs. Yuri Shim (2-2 Korea)

Motonobu Tezuka (30-12-7 Japan) vs. Jin Guk Kim (1-0 Korea)

While I admire Shim's recent work rate, I'm worried that not having enough time between fights stunts her improvement.

Jae Young Kim's streak ended earlier today at ACB. He came close to a finish in the 2nd round but at least 90% of the fight was him getting pushed into the cage and not being able to get his legs free.

Yu-Ri Shim won her fight at Grachan by 1rd TKO.

Anyone want to place odds on ONE pulling off a show in Korea last year? They had a dated scheduled for Jangchung Gymnasium last year, but quietly withdrew without ever making any plans public.

Anyone want to place odds on ONE pulling off a show in Korea last year? They had a dated scheduled for Jangchung Gymnasium last year, but quietly withdrew without ever making any plans public.

They already pulled their Japan show off the site

Someone put together the numbers and only about 66% of their scheduled shows the last 2 years went through

Female bout added to TFC 17:

Not sure why they always book Seo in Catchweight bouts. They have both atom- and -strawweight divisions. She looks like she could make Atomweight, and do okay in strawweight in TFC.

TFC featherweight champion Seung Woo Choi is out with a back injury. The main event of TFC 17 will now be for an interim title.

So what are the odds that Young Ji Kim makes 125 vs Rin Nakai for DEEP? Seems weird to accept the fight at that weight when she's been weighing over 140 for her revious fights.

If I had to bet, DEEP hands Rin a win, and gets away with not having to pay Kim.

Late opponent change for Ji-Yeon Seo at TFC:

Also, Angel's Fighting has started announcing matchups on their IG for their next event.

Last edited:
FC 17 full stream:

승패-사진-768x1042.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, hyun myung has an injury to his knee. He's no longer fighting mighty mo and they can't find an replacement for mighty mo. They shouldnve just gave mighty mo this guy

Damn, hyun myung has an injury to his knee. He's no longer fighting mighty mo and they can't find an replacement for mighty mo. They shouldnve just gave mighty mo this guy

Sucks.

In other news:

Whoa I didn't even realize Bae had returned in 2017. Get that man in the UFC.

Back