Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

I didn't bother watching it. I already know the plot, the evil white man plans to desecrate the majestic African country and ruin the picture perfect kingdom of africa and black panther, his white woman love interest, and nerdy white liberal cuckold side kick have ro stop him.

Bitches are gonna bitch.

28279421_2049323015356827_4200259891872839341_n.jpg

Have no issues with the movie having black characters, story-wise it was really boring though. I'd give it 5.5 out of 10.

The last Jedi on the other hand was the shittiest movie i've ever seen my whole life. I can't believe critics scored that 90% above. They sound too scared to criticize star wars.

Funny you say that because Black Panther is very Shakesperean. Take away the futuristic and comic book elements and I would believe anyone who told me the premise belonged to some obscure Shakespeare play.

Not just the premise, the execution too. Sometimes during dramatic scenes I thought I was watching a play. Not my cup of tea personally but it looked to me like a deliberate decision by the director and I respect that.

funny you should say that... because i found alot of the themes and elements of black panther were taken out of the lion king, which was based off hamlet. so in a way your right black panther took many of its ideas from Shakespeare.

I didn't bother watching it. I already know the plot, the evil white man plans to desecrate the majestic African country and ruin the picture perfect kingdom of africa and black panther, his white woman love interest, and nerdy white liberal cuckold side kick have ro stop him.
You got African country right lol

i got a couple dirty looks from people when i laughed at the rhinos, and when killmonger went on and on at the end about his ancestors jumping off the slave ships...
i was like " um your ancestors were either slaves that didnt jump off cause your mom was american, or your ancestors were from wakanda, ya know the country that let those slave ships scoop them slaves up...and did nothing... " poetic and all but... didnt make any sense. i guess he was just going out on his shield but to draw such a specific picture about slaves and stuff i couldnt help but laugh.

The movie looks pretty awful. I would rather watch a Thor or Avengers movie although I'm not that desparate. The first 2 Xmen and Spiderman films are the only marvel movies I can stomach. Adding political motivation to the mix and I really must avoid.

Saw it today and it was shit, only 10.5 at readings and I still feel ripped off.. Agenda on top of agenda on top of hypocrisies.

I pay to be entertained not programed. If Marvel want to keep pushing this shit I'll just pirate it if I can be bothered to watch at all.

I'm on the fence about seeing this movie in the theater because I'm often disappointed when I see a movie that the masses proclaim is good. I grew up reading Black Panther and find the character interesting and often well-written, but recently written as waaaaaay overpowered in the current Marvel SJW atmosphere. The movie trailers didn't appeal to me for some reason. I'll probably get it on DVR or Netflix.

I'm a fairly successful (at this point in life; it was a long road) white guy and I see no harm in the love or pride of this character and movie. For years Black kids have donned capes and pajamas with white heroes on them. My buddy's wife runs a daycare and has Halloween parties for the kids. Every year Black children were dressed up as Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Wonder Woman, or recently, Harley Quinn. Now they can dress up as Black Panther; a character they can more easily relate to. I spent a bit of my childhood running around my family's house pretending to be a powerful Alien from the imaginary planet of Krypton. I doubt anybody would bitch about that.

I'm not even close to dumb. You're apparently retarded because you can't imagine that people don't understand where they come from
I don't think he knows that black Africans don't even like blacks from the US.

Fun, entertaining, action packed, Marvel movie. I liked it!

Now to the juicy stuff.

Was it a racist movie? Naw.

Some racial overtones? Sure. "Colonizer!", which was used to describe white people. A character named Killmonger who was hell bent on taking over the world for black people due to a unfortunate event in his childhood. The white villain Klaue describing people from Wakanda as "savages". Wakanda and it's anti-immigration/refugee policy where it was even stated that bringing in immigrants would be bringing in their problems and disrupting our way of life.

I liked it. I like Wakanda. They are a strong, sovereign, independent nation that value their own people and ways above all. The African traditions presented in the film and within the Wakanda' people were excellent as well.

Michonne's character was top notch though, definitely the best in the movie and a perfect role for her as alpha female.
wYfnOlwU-720.jpg

Thank you for reading my friends.

Pseudo-"sometimes" racist enjoyed Black Panther. More at 11.

I did not know Michonne was in this movie. I've kind of soured on The Walking Dead but Michionne was definitely awesome. I also don't like Marvel movies for the most part but I liked Homecoming when I paid half off for it at the theater, maybe I'll do the same for Black Panther so at the very least I can be in on the hype and race baiting.

Yes, your thoughts on this movie totally needed it’s own thread rather than a response in the exiting thread talking about the Black Panther movie

funny you should say that... because i found alot of the themes and elements of black panther were taken out of the lion king, which was based off hamlet. so in a way your right black panther took many of its ideas from Shakespeare.
<DontBelieve1>

Stop spreading Zionist lies, The Lion King was based off of Kimba the White Lion.

So is the black panther character based off the black nationalist black panthers group?

edit: I see that the comic book character and the group came out at the same time. Weird. Wonder if there is some sort of connection there.

So is the black panther character based off the black nationalist black panthers group?

edit: I see that the comic book character and the group came out at the same time. Weird. Wonder if there is some sort of connection there.

The character is slightly earlier. No connection from what ive heard. They considered changing his name to black leapord to avoid association.

The character is slightly earlier. No connection from what ive heard. They considered changing his name to black leapord to avoid association.

I thought it was about the Black Panthers of Oakland. My young friends laughed.

I saw on facebook a guy was selling a shirt with killmonger on it with the comment about slaves jumping off ship.

People were like ohh my gooooooddddnesssss ill buy this

this so dope

The same people getting a hard on for a made up character from a made up country would scoff at the idea of wearing a shirt with a real black genius on it (like neil degrasse tyson).

So now I guess black kids can not only think they will be basketball or football players but now they can be black panther when they grow up as well.

Over under on kids named T'challa in the next 2 years?

He echo's the point I made about Blade - but raises an interesting question.

Have we legitimately deteriorated in race-relations since 1998, when Blade was released?

20 years later, a whole new generation, and we're MORE racist? What the fuck happened?

Because clams like you couldn't deal with our former black president so you fabricated some cockamamie idea that there was some holocaust on whites and Christians across the nation.

Your constant hatred and racism has led to this

Back