NFL Discussion v78: A match made in Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. I sure as shit wouldnt want my team to pay any RB that much, but the reality is there are a lot of teams that would pay that dude a shit ton of money. Its ridiculous to me that a team can stop that from happening after a contract is fulfilled.
I would definitely feel shitty if we franchise tagged him and then he gets some career ending injury during the season. He'd be leaving dynasty money on the table. But to be fair, teams hand out a lot of crazy contracts to players who immediately turn to shit, it's a two-sided war, and some good players get caught in the middle.

If owners can tag players, players should be able to sign similar 1-year deals but at reduced salary.

It's absurd either way

I agree with you. I sure as shit wouldnt want my team to pay any RB that much, but the reality is there are a lot of teams that would pay that dude a shit ton of money. Its ridiculous to me that a team can stop that from happening after a contract is fulfilled.

The system is one that was agreed to by the players and the teams. It's a business for both sides. Unless Bell suffers a career ending injury, he will make more in 2 years [$32 million] under the franchise tag if they tag him a second time than would likely be guaranteed in a long term deal. He started out being the highest paid running back so the 120% of the previous season's salary worked out well for him. The Steelers could have used the non exclusive tag and see if any teams would give him a better deal while giving up 2 first round picks.

The system is one that was agreed to by the players and the teams. It's a business for both sides. Unless Bell suffers a career ending injury, he will make more in 2 years [$32 million] under the franchise tag if they tag him a second time than would likely be guaranteed in a long term deal. He started out being the highest paid running back so the 120% of the previous season's salary worked out well for him. The Steelers could have used the non exclusive tag and see if any teams would give him a better deal while giving up 2 first round picks.
Ill again ask, do you follow this thought with your own career?

Should your employer be able to franchise tag you so you cant take a better offer somewhere else?

Should your employer be able to franchise tag you so you cant take a better offer somewhere else?

I agree it's fucked up and they shouldn't be able to do it, but the players have only themselves to blame for not being organized and able to negotiate a favorable CBA. None of the other major sports leagues see the owners consistently own the players like the NFL does. Even the NHL does better than them.

I agree it's fucked up and they shouldn't be able to do it, but the players have only themselves to blame for not being organized and able to negotiate a favorable CBA. None of the other major sports leagues see the owners consistently own the players like the NFL does. Even the NHL does better than them.
Cant just blame players when a lot of players had zero say in whats currently in place.

But yes, theyre the ones that need to do something about it for anything to change.

Cant just blame players when a lot of players had zero say in whats currently in place.

But yes, theyre the ones that need to do something about it for anything to change.

Yeah, hopefully guys like Sherman can get them organized this go around so they get some results that they deserve.

You got middling baseball players destroying elite NFL players in terms of contract salary. It really is absurd.

I mean, if they tagged me...and had to pay me for a year at the average of the top 5 salaries at my position...then I could go look again, and if they tagged me again it'd be even more money and I could go look for another job again a year later? I'd do it.

Lol the big difference being, i'm not likely to get injured and not be able to perform my task and thus not get paid shit for the rest of my life

Lol the big difference being, i'm not likely to get injured and not be able to perform my task and thus not get paid shit for the rest of my life
This surprises me. I always heard male prostituting was a dangerous job especially for twinks like you.

This surprises me. I always heard male prostituting was a dangerous job especially for twinks like you.

I'll fuck you till you love me, :eek::eek::eek:g*t

Fs3.gif

I can see Denver drafting a QB in the first then signing a vet to hold down the fort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back