NFL Discussion v78: A match made in Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skeetz, you also said he shrunk against Georgia when it was clearly the awful play calling in OT. I think someone like Mayfield threatens your "aw shucks" midwestern sensibilities so badly that all you can do is look for ways to descredit him.

In short,

7dbcc0b83a269bb2325460098b0afdf8

Lmao. You got me all figured out, huh?

Dude is going to Bust City. He can keep party with Canziel when he is out of the league in a few years. Thats where the Fireball always flows and the single moms never get old.

Lmao. You got me all figured out, huh?

Dude is going to Bust City. He can keep party with Canziel when he is out of the league in a few years. Thats where the Fireball always flows and the single moms never get old.
In all seriousness, I'm weary about any rookie coming in to that position. It's almost always a gamble.

I think Mayfield will do pretty well in this league. Great arm, accuracy, elusive, and I fucking love his competitiveness. He's immensely more talented than Canziel and I haven't seen anything that would indicate he doesn't take his job as a QB extremely seriously.

I also think he'd thrive with a creative offense. Similar to what the Iggles and Chefs run.

Candy Reid would have a lot of fun with Mayfield in his offense.

Last edited:
They should play baseball then. Less chance of serious injury. Of course there are half as many MLB players and they play 10 times as many games.

Who cares about the amount of games?

Average NFL team generates 410M a year. Average MLB team generates 338M a year.

NFL generates 13B a year. MLB generates 9.5B a year.

Average salary in MLB is $3.3M a year (fully guaranteed). Average salary in the NFL is $1.9M a year.

The NFLPA is a joke.

Who cares about the amount of games?

Average NFL team generates 410M a year. Average MLB team generates 338M a year.

NFL generates 13B a year. MLB generates 9.5B a year.

Average salary in MLB is $3.3M a year (fully guaranteed). Average salary in the NFL is $1.9M a year.

The NFLPA is a joke.
53 Man roster vs 25 Man roster

That explains why Jason Heyward makes 26M a year and Earl Thomas makes 10M a year?
It explains why one leagues average salary is higher, when the money spent on payroll is higher in the NFL. (MLB has outliers - Yankees, Dodgers0
Both CBAs are bad - in baseball a team controls you for nothing for 6 years.

In all seriousness, I'm weary about any rookie coming in to that position. It's almost always a gamble.

I think Mayfield will do pretty well in this league. Great arm, accuracy, elusive, and I fucking love his competitiveness. He's immensely more talented than Canziel and I haven't seen anything that would indicate he doesn't take his job as a QB extremely seriously.

I also think he'd thrive with a creative offense. Similar to what the Iggles and Chefs run.

Candy Reid would have a lot of fun with Mayfield in his offense.
I love Mayfield but in no way shape or form is he immensely more talented than Johnny 8ball.

Youd be hard pressed to find a pair of players who are that similar.

I love Mayfield but in no way shape or form is he immensely more talented than Johnny 8ball.

Youd be hard pressed to find a pair of players who are that similar.
Yes he is.

Yes he is.
At what exaxtly?

Thats total horse shit and purely using hindsight since Manziel crashed and burned.

I actually think Canziel's performance in a loss against Alabama is more impressive than anything Mayfield ever did.

Canziel is a junkie who didn’t take football seriously. Mayfield is just a dumbass/frat boy but he takes the sport seriously and is competitive.

I actually think Canziel's performance in a loss against Alabama is more impressive than anything Mayfield ever did.
That was one of the best QB performances ever.

At what exaxtly?

Thats total horse shit and purely using hindsight since Manziel crashed and burned.
Lol, I'll concede that Mayfield isn't a much better QB just as soon as you show me when Manziel came close to throwing for 4600 yards, completed over 70% of his throws, threw for 43 TDs all while turning the ball over only 6 times.

And he nearly did that shit in back to back years.

Tebow ran for a lot of TD's too. That's what separated Canziel from everyone else while he was playing. Unfortunately neither could throw for shit against an NFL defense. I think Mayfield can.

Lol, I'll concede that Mayfield isn't a much better QB just as soon as you show me when Manziel came close to throwing for 4600 yards, completed over 70% of his throws, threw for 43 TDs all while turning the ball over only 6 times.

And he nearly did that shit in back to back years.

Tebow ran for a lot of TD's too. That's what separated Canziel from everyone else while he was playing. Unfortunately neither could throw for shit against an NFL defense. I think Mayfield can.
You are literally talking from your ass, yet again.

8ball threw 4114/37/13 his last college season. With 760/9 on the ground. While playing in a better division.

Mind you, 8ball did that with less experience than Mayfield also.

But playing the stat game doesnt show your argument of how or why Mayfield is “immensely more talented”.

Please tell us all these things he does so much better.

You are literally talking from your ass, yet again.

8ball threw 4114/37/13 his last college season. With 760/9 on the ground. While playing in a better division.

But playing the stat game doesnt show your argument of how or why Mayfield is “immensely more talented”.

Please tell us all these things he does so much better.
So the only higher stat in his best year was doubling Mayfield's INT's? Gotcha.

Sure it does. It shows he's more consistent and accurate while throwing the football. He was consistently better every single season and never once had double digit INT's. While maintaining excellent playmaking abilities. All things I care about when it comes to QBs.

So the only higher stat in his best year was doubling Mayfield's INT's? Gotcha.

Sure it does. It shows he's more consistent and accurate while throwing the football. He was consistently better every single season and never once had double digit INT's. While maintaining excellent playmaking abilities. All things I care about when it comes to QBs.
Worse division. More experience. Very comparable numbers.

Please tell me what Mayfield does better. Im eagerly waiting. Hes “immensely more talented” so it should be easy to point out.

The truth is, you just latch on the ball sack of any and every player linked to the Broncos.

Ill even help you out, Mayfield is more accurate deep down field.

But no, not immensely more talented. Not even close.

Worse division. More experience. Very comparable numbers.

Please tell me what Mayfield does better. Im eagerly waiting. Hes “immensely more talented” so it should be easy to point out.

The truth is, you just latch on the ball sack of any and every player linked to the Broncos.
I literally just told you. I think he's a better passer. His numbers support my opinion.

I've seen Allen linked to Denver, don't want him. I've seen Keenum linked to Denver, don't want him.

I think Mayfield is an excellent player and I hope Denver drafts him.

Ill even help you out, Mayfield is more accurate deep down field.

But no, not immensely more talented. Not even close.
I already said he was more accurate, but thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back