The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is most of the Z Fighters just suck.

The team needs a complete overhaul. Gohan,Krillin,Yamcha,Tien all need to be fired

Piccolo is badass so he stays but everyone else is scrub level imo

Yamcha isn't even around anymore, basically just showed up for the baseball game to get his moment in the sun, only had a cameo in the manga, he's more of a comedy character. Krillin is like a little mascot cheerleader for his old pal Goku, has more in common with Chiaotzu and Puar at this point than being an effective fighter.

At least Tien and Gohan were badasses and cool characters. Gohan is at least still a better human being than his dad as he actually cares for his family and doesn't just want to get into fights that will destroy planets. Honestly SSJ2 should have been the final transformation with only Gohan attaining it. Tien's DB arc as someone corrupted by his teacher to someone that rebelled against his teacher and became a hero and winning the second tournament in the series was good stuff. He also had that badass moment against Cell, he's been entirely underutilized and they haven't given him any evolution save for powering up his tri-beam. He also has actually interesting powers much like Piccolo, with his ability to grow a second set of arms and his third eye, and his clone replication thing. Roshi also was interesting in plain old Dragonball, but should probably take a backseat as a character that just shows up every so often.

Tien, Piccolo, and Gohan all should get better treatment. I wouldn't mind seeing those three with Vegeta and Goku (Goku not being in the spotlight as much). If the universes get brought back it'd be interesting to see Hit, Dyspo (Hit and Dyspo could be Goku and Vegeta type rivals, I'd rather Toppo and Jiren only show up for impact), Paparoni, and the Trio de Dangers get added to the regulars. Only interested in Cabba from the U6 Saiyans.

Well the only important Saiyans are Goku, Vegeta, Kale and Caulifla.

It's obvious now that Gohan is never going to do anything interesting again. Future Trunks won't come back, little Trunks is just comic relief, Goten is almost non-existent and Cabba seems to be there just to further Vegeta's character development.

Super has had 5 arcs and not once did Gohan progress, power-wise from where he was at the end of the Buu saga. Cabba's "big finish" is SSJ2.

Trunks gets a cool new form
Vegeta gets a cool new form
Goku gets a cool new form

Meanwhile Gohan.....<2>

Throughout the 5 Arcs, there are a few times that they teased Gohan will break out of his scholar status.
During Golden Freiza arc, he got wrecked so bad. He wanted to train so he can protect his family in case of repeats. A glimpse of hope. Turn out to be Pooo..

During the filler epis, where Gohan got casted as Saiyaman. The body snatcher parasite fight, he sworn to get stronger to protect Videl and Pan. Turned out to be Pooo...

During Future Trunks saga, we all thought Trunks might spark Gohan to rise again, but the Epi where Trunks saw Gohan with his family and decided to not to tell him about Black, that's the moment I knew Gohan fate is nailed to the coffin.

I feel like Jiren was a better character when he was mysterious imo. The strongest dude in the universes, we had no clue how powerful he was, his motives etc. Compounded on to the fact that he didnt say much meant every little thing he said peeled just a little bit of the onion that is Jiren. But then they turned it into the generic little boy watched his parent get killed by the baad guy, now he promised he'd kill im by getting stronger etc and turned him into a blabber mouth.

Remember how cool Jiren was early on, and how we're indifferent right now?

I think its why Hit is so good aswell because we dont have that backstory and we're learning more about him as the arc unfolds.

I agree the backstory was weak as hell but the writers can easily change that. The backstory was told by Belmod, not Jiren himself. So they can still twist it saying it's wasn't 100% accurate when Jiren himself tells the story. Or make the "evil-doer" Belmod, as some fans suggested.

As far as the anime go, I also hated the fact that Jiren turned into a cocky fighter.

He was portrayed as a zen, don't give a crap, poker face character at the beginning. I think that vibe gained him quite a large number of fans, along with the fact we knew Jiren would be the final foe for this tournament.

He dissed Goku after defeating Hit, saying he is not needed anymore and proceed to meditate. Everyone went "Ohhhhhhh No~~~ He didn't" It was sort of badass if it was a one time thing.

Then he dissed Toppo, he insulted Vegeta and Goku, turned into a cocky over-muscled fellow.

That said, I have hope for serious character development on Jiren in future. Hopefully Hit as well. I loved Hit as a character. Time-Skip should be unbeatable tbh, the way the anime made Dsypo overcome that was stupid as shit.

I kinda wonder about why no one ever wished for piccolo to have zenkai boosts so that he could keep up. He was the most trustworthy one aside from maybe Future Trunks, who didn't fuck around when he had the ability to kill a threat. Piccolo was smarter than Goku, and definitely would have been good to keep Vegeta from going too far.

But that saie, it wouldn't be the same show. Also, I've not watched Super other than the fight between Goku and Beerus until Goku turns back into a Super Saijin

You should continue watching the anime.

U6 tournament Saga is pretty good. Black Saga was fantastic when it started, only the last 3 epis crapped all over it. The current Survival Saga had it moment but is mostly flawed.

Sometimes I feel like I can write better stories/characters than some of these shows/anime. Why didnt I have skill in art ffs. Sitting down to write a book is boring as hell, I love any visual medium much more than reading books.
I'd love to write for a comic or a video game, may do so in the future if I can get an opportunity.

More information about the specific stuff that Toriyama created for this arc and some hints at what comes after

7I5CGRD.png

IVT0Zm0.png

mCeUdzz.png

Original twitter post

Last edited:
After that he will achieve Ultimate Instinct!

Ultimate Instinct 2 in 2030 imo.

but for real, anything after the Frieza DBZ saga is bullshit.

All those Cell & Buu saga fans are wack. I want to slap the shit out of those low IQ bozos so fucking bad.

Never would have guessed. Good to see DB fans on sherdog.... although it is going to end pretty soon now.

Never would have guessed. Good to see DB fans on sherdog.... although it is going to end pretty soon now.

Manga is still around and it's pretty different from the anime in terms of storytelling.

Ultimate Instinct 2 in 2030 imo.

but for real, anything after the Frieza DBZ saga is bullshit.

All those Cell & Buu saga fans are wack. I want to slap the shit out of those low IQ bozos so fucking bad.
Only most fans agree the Cell saga is the best one and Cell is the consensus best villain in all of DragonBall so I think you are out numbered on that thought. Then again our opinions are wrong because you and your genius IQ says so.

a little info from toriyama on the upcoming movie... i'm intrigued by who the 'mighty foe' could possibly be.

The Dragon Ball Super movie this time will be the next story in the series currently airing on TV. It will be an episode after catching our breath from the climax of the Tournament of Power with the universe’s existence on the line; with content that will give a little better understanding about Freeza and the Saiyans, which I hadn’t properly depicted up till now; and leading to a mighty foe saved for the occasion, which I think has it shaping up to be a really enjoyable story.

As with 2013’s Battle of Gods and the last outing Resurrection ‘F’, I’ve written the story myself, and I’ve had the privilege of drawing lots of design illustrations as well. The fact is, while I’m just as busy as ever, as long as I’m not doing a serial, I have plenty of free time to think about the animated version, which I was completely hands-off about before. (laughs) So please look forward to it!

Now then, the animated version on TV will be ending for the time being, but the very popular Dragon Ball Super comic drawn by Toyotaro (on sale now up through volume 5!) will keep on going as-is. I think there will also be story developments different from the TV show and the movie, so please look forward to that as well. I will be, too!

Last edited:
Now then, the animated version on TV will be ending for the time being, but the very popular Dragon Ball Super comic drawn by Toyotaro (on sale now up through volume 5!) will keep on going as-is. I think there will also be story developments different from the TV show and the movie, so please look forward to that as well. I will be, too!

<mma4>

a little info from toriyama on the upcoming movie... i'm intrigued by who the 'mighty foe' could possibly be.

Betting it's either the foe that slew Jiren's family and master or a new godly Frieza.

Holy shit.

The spoilers were wrong. Now we have no idea how
the fuck 131 is gonna end.

Also, who else thought Frieza blasted Goku in the back at first?

Holy shit.

The spoilers were wrong. Now we have no idea how
the fuck 131 is gonna end.

Also, who else thought Frieza blasted Goku in the back at first?
That was my first thought lol. Sounds like something that little cunt would do.

This episode was pretty great. Really looking forward to the next one now.

That was my first thought lol. Sounds like something that little cunt would do.

This episode was pretty great. Really looking forward to the next one now.
They even made the energy shocking Goku purple just to fuck with us

Didn't expect 17 to pop out. Thought he was as dead as Amon from The Legends Of Korra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back