War Room Lounge v6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God, Mark Cuban looks to be next on Metoo hit list.

Sports Illustrated detailed a predatory environment – including sexual harassment and domestic violence – in the Mavericks’ business office.

Outspoken and hands-on Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has rightfully come under the microscope for allowing it. He has already accepted responsibility for mishandling one situation. There’s still more information to gather about Cuban’s handling of incidents and just generally his outlook on these things.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/03/09...ault-report-most-insidious-form-of-fake-news/

Maybe I am a dirtbag but who hasn't been drunk in a club and groped a woman? lol. That is what they are saying Cuban did. Grabbed an ass while getting a picture taken in 2011. They said he was "gropey" that night. So what. lol.

These women we "grope" are not just random girls we walk up to. They are people who we are dancing with and already touching. It is a sexual atmosphere. There is a time and place for things. Grabbing an ass in a club is different than doing it at a university or grocery store.

Oh God, Mark Cuban looks to be next on Metoo hit list.

Sports Illustrated detailed a predatory environment – including sexual harassment and domestic violence – in the Mavericks’ business office.

Outspoken and hands-on Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has rightfully come under the microscope for allowing it. He has already accepted responsibility for mishandling one situation. There’s still more information to gather about Cuban’s handling of incidents and just generally his outlook on these things.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/03/09...ault-report-most-insidious-form-of-fake-news/

Phrasing.

Also, I've read up on this, and this looks like a very, very credible accusation. She immediately called the police, and she followed up with them several times. There are also apparently photos from when it happened that seem to show him reaching his hand down into the back of her pants.

I actually respect Cuban, his shitty political beliefs aside, and was pretty disappointed.

Phrasing.

Also, I've read up on this, and this looks like a very, very credible accusation. She immediately called the police, and she followed up with them several times. There are also apparently photos from when it happened that seem to show him reaching his hand down into the back of her pants.

I actually respect Cuban, his shitty political beliefs aside, and was pretty disappointed.

I like/respect him too. He has great business sense as you said before.

I like/respect him too. He has great business sense as you said before.

Yeah, and I rarely say that about anyone, as I think most "great business minds" aren't actually impressive at all. Like Trump -- just a moron who had seed money. But he's a rare exception where he is an actual self-made billionaire (almost unheard of nowadays) and an extremely sharp business mind.

The purge continues. Good honest conservative merkins can't even defend child predators without having their first amendment rights violated on karate forums.
The sad thing is in those threads where he was defending Moore I think he had a point. That we pretend men with interest in post-pubescent teens is the same as a pedophile who abuses prepubescent children is an odd oversimplification and over-generalization. I think the latter have a deeper and more serious pathology. If the example of his ban is any indication we probably shouldn't flesh out this conversation though.

And in ODB's case he seemed to be making his semantic arguments for partisan purposes and one wonders if he'd make the same semantic arguments in defense of a left wing politician.

Last edited:
The purge continues. Good honest conservative merkins can't even defend child predators without having their first amendment rights violated on karate forums.

How does ODB get it but some of these others guys don't?

At least he made good faith attempts to engage people and understand things, even if he failed spectacularly most of the time.

At least he made good faith attempts to engage people and understand things, even if he failed spectacularly most of the time.
Sometimes it feels like the purge went after the wrong guys. I remember some solid right wing shitposters getting the hammer well before brain dead mouthbreathers like Space

Sometimes it feels like the purge went after the wrong guys. I remember some solid right wing shitposters getting the hammer well before brain dead mouthbreathers like Space

I can't think of a single one that was worth anything good. Honestly, the only one whose name I can even recall is Pwent.

The sad thing is in those threads where he was defending Moore I think he had a point. That we pretend men with interest in post-pubescent teens is the same as a pedophile who abuses prepubescent children is an odd oversimplification and over-generalization. I think the latter have a deeper and more serious pathology. If the example of his ban is any indication we probably shouldn't flesh out this conversation though.

And in ODB's case he seemed to be making his semantic arguments for partisan purposes and one wonders if he'd make the same semantic arguments in defense of a left wing politician.
"one wonders"? :)

His objection was to the shorthand of calling sexual predators of teenage girls "pedo." It was not an academic, or artistic, or mental health-related discussion (or some similarly-minded discussion that you and I might have). There isn't really anything wrong with calling Moore a pedo on a karate forum.

Here is where intellectual elitism works as intended. If we were to discuss the book "Lolita" or discuss the eroticism of childhood sexual experiences in their own right, then there is some value to the conversation. If Milo is okaying kid-fucking priests on a podcast and trying to intellectualize it after the fact, we have a problem. It's the context that means everything.

That's the whole deal with taboos. It's subtle, but most of us understand it. It's valuable to understand taboo, while it's destructive to seek its rationalization afterward through pseudo-intellectualism. And it's especially tasteless when the subject is a child predator.

Because certain mods draw the line at kid stuff, basically. PUO and Limbo are two who don't play that.

Because certain mods draw the line at kid stuff, basically.

In that case, how did he last so long lol

I can't remember who he was arguing with a few months ago, but I think it was in regard to Roy Moore, and it got super, super gross.

His objection was to the shorthand of calling sexual predators of teenage girls "pedo." It was not an academic, or artistic, or mental health-related discussion (or some similarly-minded discussion that you and I might have). There isn't really anything wrong with calling Moore a pedo on a karate forum.

I actually agree with the merit of the distinction between that and whatever that other term is for being attracted to sexually mature non-adults. For, say, persons who got charges in their youth for sleeping with their younger gf, the difference is meaningful.

I mean, I still call Moore a pedo, but that's because I hate him and I don't give a shit about accuracy with him.

In that case, how did he last so long lol

I can't remember who he was arguing with a few months ago, but I think it was in regard to Roy Moore, and it got super, super gross.
"High class trim" lol. Did you catch that thread over the last couple days? Yeah things get fuckin' creepy in here now and then.

Here is where intellectual elitism works as intended. If we were to discuss the book "Lolita" or discuss the eroticism of childhood sexual experiences in their own right, then there is some value to the conversation. If Milo is okaying kid-fucking priests on a podcast and trying to intellectualize it after the fact, we have a problem. It's the context that means everything.

That's the whole deal with taboos. It's subtle, but most of us understand it. It's valuable to understand taboo, while it's destructive to seek its rationalization afterward through pseudo-intellectualism. And it's especially tasteless when the subject is a child predator.
Well I was one of the few who thought Milo made an interesting point when he did bring it up so maybe we'd disagree there. Not sure I really want to go down this rabbit hole given what the mods seem to think of this kind of discussion so I'm okay with just agreeing to disagree on the details.

"High class trim" lol. Did you catch that thread over the last couple days? Yeah things get fuckin' creepy in here now and then.

I saw that. Idr who it was, but that kind of language irks me regardless of the age or status of the person described. That one idiot here from St. Louis has had a few posts about getting pussy, and I always wish it was irl so I could call him a loser.

I saw that. Idr who it was, but that kind of language irks me regardless of the age or status of the person described. That one idiot here from St. Louis has had a few posts about getting pussy, and I always wish it was irl so I could call him a loser.
In my limited experience the dude's that boast the most about getting laid usually go home from the bar alone while the bouncer takes the girl home instead.

We should call him a loser together on March 16th live at the Crack Fox at 1114 Olive St, as we laugh to the comedic stylings of @AgonyandIrony.

Shameless plug level increases.

@Edison Carasio @Mark Cutting @Drenalin @all STL area WR assholes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back