What is the best headgear?

I prefer the fg2900 over the 5000 because I worry about visibility for kicks with the latter.

Is there any other facesaver headgear that would be an economical alternative?

I use a top king leather, chin and cheek head gear. I like it alot, i dont feel it effects my vision either.

fairtex makes a "max vision" headgear or something like that you might want to check out, it has wider opening on the eyes.

TOPTEN: I have heard this headgear is great however after seeing it, it looks like the cheapy karate crap but after reading through this post, I guess its made out of a different material and is great etc.

how does the top ten head gear compare to a full leather twins headgear? it looks like topten also makes a "thai" style head gear.

1480.jpg

their regular headgear seems more like competition headgear than training.

TopTen-competition-fight-headguard-black-sideJPG.jpg

You can go with the sweat absorbent gear so you won't get distracted.

Anyone have experience with the Fairtex HG4 facesaver? Asking for a friend.

Anyone here who has tested both Winning fg2900 and 5000? How massive is the difference in visibility for boxing between them?

How close does Topboxer get in quality to aequivalent winning models?

Prefer 5000 because I like my nose ;) but worry a little about this aspect.

help would be appreciated

Well, I ordered the Fairtex HG4 facesaver, hoping it is decent. I was using Rival RHG10 D3O intellishock headgear, liked it but need a little more protection, my contact lens got knocked out of my eye while wearing it.

Top Ten has multiple head guards. The basic version in your image is covered with synthetic material and it is their cheapest version of a headgear. It's okay for beginners at 40$, only, but it doesn't have the same quality like their top products. They are selling it off these days and it is just available in large size.

It does not compare to their one-piece moulded competition headgear that is famous from amateur boxing and the Olympic Games. The competition version consist of the highly shock absorbing material Bayflex. The test they have had at the TU in Berlin were the best of all and they last a lot longer than leather guards.

They have 2 headgear versions of the Bayflex model available that cover the cheekbones. One of them even has a chin protector to help against uppercuts in training.

Avantgarde Training:
https://www.fighters-inc.com/head-guard-training-326.html

Top Ten Full Protection Sparring:
https://www.fighters-inc.com/head-guard-full-protection-325.html

For some reason they are just available in size M. I was told they can only make them in black color because the cheekbone form needs a different mixture of their material that can't be produced in other colors. The foam is a bit softer and feels warmer on the skin than the colored competition models.

I use a top king leather, chin and cheek head gear. I like it alot, i dont feel it effects my vision either.

fairtex makes a "max vision" headgear or something like that you might want to check out, it has wider opening on the eyes.

TOPTEN: I have heard this headgear is great however after seeing it, it looks like the cheapy karate crap but after reading through this post, I guess its made out of a different material and is great etc.

how does the top ten head gear compare to a full leather twins headgear? it looks like topten also makes a "thai" style head gear.

1480.jpg

their regular headgear seems more like competition headgear than training.

TopTen-competition-fight-headguard-black-sideJPG.jpg

i see top ten is getting some love again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back