• Leo Messi

• Joe Montana

• Tom Brady

• Jim Brown

• Floyd Mayweather Jr.

• Other (specify)

• Wilt Chamberlain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pele could walk through Time Square with a sign saying "I'm Pele" and no one would know who he was. Jordan literally rocked a Hitler stache and no one said a word. Jordan is clearly greater.
Again, we are talking global not USA only...why is that so difficult to understand.

insular muricans, being insular muricans, is the same old, same old, the only correct answer on a worldwide scale is Ali, Jordan is by no means unknown, but he's almost certainly known more for his shoes than for what he did on court, anywhere else outwith North America.
<TrumpWrong1>

I would say it's Muhammad Ali, what do you guys say?

mali.jpg
Please add this man to the list. Thanks.
major_league_-_charlie_sheen_-_photofest_-_h_-_2016.jpg

Fucking high horse you have there.

Typical American mentality...only money counts.
Typical European (inferiority complex) mentality: can't follow a simple logical argument because of his need to underestimate the American intellect in order to assuage his own wounded ego.

This wasn't my argument at all. Mine was an argument of global recognition rates. You might try following the crumbs I laid out for you using that classic low-brow thing called "evidence". Hell, I even cited a German polling body.

High horses, alright.
Muhammad Ali was/is global. You can go to nearly any country on the planet, hold up his picture and people will know who he is.

He transcended sports.

Meanwhile, Jordan inspired a global revolution that saw basketball become the most popular sport in China. #1. Boxing never sniffed that.

Jordan >>>>>>>>>> Ali

Last edited:
Youre talking from your ass.

MJ is known world wide regardless of his shoes.
I don't get it. It doesn't even matter if they are. That's still a "sports icon".

David Beckham is the most famous soccer star in history as far as I've been able to discern. Didn't even make the poll.

I don't get it. It doesn't even matter if they are. That's still a "sports icon".

David Beckham is the most famous soccer star in history as far as I've been able to discern. Didn't even make the poll.
<FookIsThatGuy>

Typical European (inferiority complex) mentality: can't follow a simple logical argument because of his need to underestimate the American intellect in order to assuage his own wounded ego.
You might try following the crumbs I laid out for you
Googling produces garbage sources like "Top End Sports". You're new. You'll learn.

Nevertheless, even that source puts soccer at a sub-50% recognition level. Not that special in the context of American brand power as my evidence irrefutably demonstrates.
We have all manner of playground words for that poverty of reason.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, clearly I'm the one who somehow "needs" to show superiority...

Last edited:
The simple fact that Jordan is famous in countries that don't even barely play basketball should say something.

This wasn't my argument at all. Mine was an argument of global recognition rates. You might try following the crumbs I laid out for you using that classic low-brow thing called "evidence". Hell, I even cited a German polling body.

High horses, alright.

Meanwhile, Jordan inspired a global revolution that saw basketball become the most popular sport in China. #1. Boxing never sniffed that.

Jordan >>>>>>>>>> Ali

My man..

Not your fault the EuropeCans can't understand science bruv. Goodness knows you're doing your best to teach them tho.

giphy.gif

While being blackballed from the league has prevented him from having the athletic accolades some of the others on the list do, as an overall worldwide FIGURE Kaepernick is probably 2nd only to Ali

Back