War Room Lounge v6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost forgot that Cubo married a Hawaiian girl: I stand by my assertion that Hawaiians are the most beautiful people on the planet. At least the girls.

Actually, she's nowhere near Hawaiian or islander. But she's brown, beautiful, and fits in much more than I do. :D

Screw artisan.

What, do you drink shitty IPAs while twirling an ironic 1910 era stache from a Vaudevillian show saying “bully” while hand rolling some American Spirits?

I say this while contemplating having a Warfighter Tobacco Cigar

IPA's give me a headache. Fuck those. No stache. But I do shave only every fortnight.

Enjoy that cigar. Only tobacco I enjoy is from hookah pipes.

lol I just enjoy cooking, it's relaxing and makes me feel special

the kitchen is a safe space

And there we have it. Common ground. :cool:

Yeah, and I rarely say that about anyone, as I think most "great business minds" aren't actually impressive at all. Like Trump -- just a moron who had seed money. But he's a rare exception where he is an actual self-made billionaire (almost unheard of nowadays) and an extremely sharp business mind.

You can see he doesnt even need to say anything. When a contestant on the show says something smart about business Cuban just nods his head. He doesn't even have to say it. What he knows is not in any book. Experience is the greatest teacher. I could have all the degrees and education in the world and not have his acuity. Hemingway said to write about life you first must live it.

And one of my favorite quotes, from Henry James, try to be one whom nothing is lost on. Like everything I have ever read, I have taken something from and still have it.

"Try to be one of the people on whom nothing is lost!"

Oh, and another great one I came across while looking for that one. I love the James Brothers.

"She feels in italics and thinks in CAPITALS."

quote-if-i-should-certainly-say-to-a-novice-write-from-experience-and-experience-only-i-should-feel-henry-james-307054.jpg

Warren Buffet has said that if you can't control your emotions you can't control your money. Cuban is an exception to that rule.

And there we have it. Common ground. :cool:

Right on I'm a cookin' mofo myself. Got into it in the Army actually. I volunteered to cook for some buds and their families one weekend for some reason I can't remember. Went down to the PX and bought a cookbook and gave it a shot. Turns out I have a knack for it and everything turned out great. Seeing everybody's reaction was an addicting rush of sorts and of course I love to eat. I tend to have an ADD type of mind so the ordered process of cooking helps center me. Damn I think I'll hit the kitchen and put something together right now, cheers dudes.

I am the opposite. I can get no peace from anything. No outlet like that. I need to find a calming hobby. Cooking is just so boring to me. Plus I have no sense of things. I don't even know what I like. If I go to a bar and have 5 drinks, all 5 could be different. lol. I walk fast, I talk fast. I eat fast. No time for cooking. No time for anything. I feel like the Jackson Browne song. Running on empty. How does on drive on empty? Chaotically. lol. knowing it could run out at any time. that is exactly how I feel. On that edge.

I don't know where I am running, but I am behind. Always felt that way.

Last edited:
Right on I'm a cookin' mofo myself. Got into it in the Army actually. I volunteered to cook for some buds and their families one weekend for some reason I can't remember. Went down to the PX and bought a cookbook and gave it a shot. Turns out I have a knack for it and everything turned out great. Seeing everybody's reaction was an addicting rush of sorts and of course I love to eat. I tend to have an ADD type of mind so the ordered process of cooking helps center me. Damn I think I'll hit the kitchen and put something together right now, cheers dudes.

What'd you make?

Gonna do a green salad, some form of potato, and sous vide a couple filets later for dinner. Gotta admit though, for most of our cooking I'm the wife's helper. But when it comes to making a big batch of something in a pot (i.e. pasta sauce, chili, jambalaya) I run the show.

<GinJuice>

Unlike you heathen round eye fucks us sophisticated Asians use something called a RICE COOKER where we throw it in there, set the time, and let it cook and it handles everything on it's own.
I use my rice cooker to make beans.

Come at me.

Nice. I don't have much talent but I had the motivation of keeping weight on a person who had a lot of trouble eating. It was a way of cheering us both up.

Obligatory:

I am the opposite. I can get no peace from anything. No outlet like that. I need to find a calming hobby. Cooking is just so boring to me. Plus I have no sense of things. I don't even know what I like. If I go to a bar and have 5 drinks, all 5 could be different. lol. I walk fast, I talk fast. I eat fast. No time for cooking. No time for anything. I feel like the Jackson Browne song. Running on empty. How does on drive on empty? Chaotically. lol. knowing it could run out at any time. that is exactly how I feel. On that edge.

Maybe you need a hobby that just physically wastes you and KOs the manic demons, like rowing or climbing or something.

I'm somewhat similar. Pingpong is my outlet. It's pretty much the only thing I get excited over lol. Have you tried pingpong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question here and I'm not mocking. Does posting here offer you any brief respite from the chaos in your head? Your posts have this stream of consciousness quality like you're trying to get something out. I have a bit of that going on and I can control it generally but even the people who love me the most will say that I can be a tightly wound moody bastard. Like @Fawlty suggested, sometimes finding an activity that exhausts you physically and mentally can bring at least some periods of peace. I try to focus my manic energy into something constructive (with mixed results of course). I still train like a bastard here in my advanced age and I'm prone to bursts of extreme physical activity. The other day I built a trail through the woods behind my house and lined it with logs from trees that I'd cut down. It helped me feel calmer. The wife appreciated it but she still looked at me with that "there he goes again" look lol. Do you do physical things like that and does it help? Anyway all the best to you, I do know what it's like to struggle to find peace in one's own head.

What'd you make?

Gonna do a green salad, some form of potato, and sous vide a couple filets later for dinner. Gotta admit though, for most of our cooking I'm the wife's helper. But when it comes to making a big batch of something in a pot (i.e. pasta sauce, chili, jambalaya) I run the show.

<GinJuice>
Man I don't think I can recall the first feast I delivered, it was about 15 years ago and there was a copious amount of alcohol flowing through the festivities. Once word got around on base that I had some cooking chops it became a regular event so it all kind of blends together, but in a very good way. Like you, I tend to excel at the big batch types of meals, soups, stews, chili, etc. Tonight I'm going for some dijon-onion crusted pork medallions/chunks (tenderloin is best but you can get country style rib meat and spend more time trimming as a more economic choice) with a mushroom alfredo dipping sauce on the side. I have yet to top my wife's mashed potatoes so she's on that as the side dish. That tends to be the way we roll. I'll do the main dish and she does the sides, although it's more of a guideline than a rule. Anyway, I can cook pretty good but having a cute female helper that follows me to the bedroom afterwards makes the whole thing that much better, as I'd imagine you'd agree.

Like you, I tend to excel at the big batch types of meals, soups, stews, chili, etc. Tonight I'm going for some dijon-onion crusted pork medallions/chunks (tenderloin is best but you can get country style rib meat and spend more time trimming as a more economic choice) with a mushroom alfredo dipping sauce on the side. I have yet to top my wife's mashed potatoes so she's on that as the side dish. That tends to be the way we roll. I'll do the main dish and she does the sides, although it's more of a guideline than a rule. Anyway, I can cook pretty good but having a cute female helper that follows me to the bedroom afterwards makes the whole thing that much better, as I'd imagine you'd agree.

Shit where I don't need to measure works well. :D

Sounds good, sans the mushrooms. :eek: What makes these mashed taters so delicious?

I fuckin love Taleb. He doesn't let shit go. lol. When the person has long forgotten about the scuffle you pop back in their life and remind them.

Instead of taters we opted to heat up some leftover angel hair with garlic, jalapeno, tomatoes, oregano. Green salad is green leaf, tomatoes, red onion, broccoli, carrot. Dressing is garlic balsamic, smoked olive oil, mustard, oregano, hint of tomato, salt/pepper, green chile, Jalapeno.

Sous vide the filets for an hour. Sear 'em up. Saute the pasta. So close to a perfect Sunday evening (thanks Lakers win over the Cavs).

I couldn't imagine being a hypochondriac in the WebMD age. I was looking up symptoms of a canker sore -- it's a quick and slippery slope to convince yourself that you have total body cancer.

Instead of taters we opted to heat up some leftover angel hair with garlic, jalapeno, tomatoes, oregano. Green salad is green leaf, tomatoes, red onion, broccoli, carrot. Dressing is garlic balsamic, smoked olive oil, mustard, oregano, hint of tomato, salt/pepper, green chile, Jalapeno.

Sous vide the filets for an hour. Sear 'em up. Saute the pasta. So close to a perfect Sunday evening (thanks Lakers win over the Cavs).

How is Lonzo Ball so bad?

I never knew it was possible for a professional shooting guard to shoot under 50% at the free throw line. I shot 70% in goddamn junior high.

I never knew it was possible for a professional shooting guard to shoot under 50% at the free throw line. I shot 70% in goddamn junior high.

well for one he just wasn't a great shooter period the first half of the season.

and since then, he's been shooting well in other areas, but i don't think ive seen him shoot a single free throw

It's actually very dangerous and where a majority of household accidents occur.

I was a center and shot 90% from the foul line in Middle School.

Course, I was a giant in middle school so I got followed nearly every time I touched a ball so I was up there a lot.

What I don't get is how Lonzo's shooting motion is so slow and weird. The modern shooting guards are almost all "Catch and shoot" types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back