Death penalty for drug dealers? Trump approves.

We should be finding ways to arrest a lot less of them not bolster the government to lock up and kill more people

Why are there so may people that seem to get really excited by the idea of bringing third world police state shit to our home ? You pass a law like that and its never the kingpins that get got they insulate themselves well and have an army of lawyers , or the pharma companies who are killin everyone they have government to back em up . You would get the old guy selling his pain meds to supplement his income and your kids friend in college that deals to the party kids and a whole buncha losers from the ghetto and trailer park . Its a great idea to kill drug dealers til you realize that drug dealers arent some nameless faceless entity lurking in the shadows or only in some other neighborhood they are people you know
What do you mean "find ways to arrest less people"?

He has no reason to lie, and if he ever was a drug fiend, you really think it would be hidden from the press for this long?

Sorry, but just because he wants drug dealers executed, you don't get to paint him as some coke fiend, so you can claim he's a hypocrite.

Has that ever stopped him before?

the-us-has-had-the-western-worlds-worst-rate-of-homicide-for-at-least-60-years.jpg

We kill more of our citizens than anyone for killing people. If executions are a deterrent, then we shouldnt see this.

and if you claim we should kill citizens just for the revenge of the victim's loved ones....im not sure thats a good motivation either.
"Kill citizens just for the revenge of the victim's loved ones"??? When did I say that?

Are you equating putting someone through the justice system with revenge killing?

"Kill citizens just for the revenge of the victim's loved ones"??? When did I say that?

Are you equating putting someone through the justice system with revenge killing?

what else is "justice" for? its either for punishing the offender, or for bringing ease to the offended, or both.

What do you mean "find ways to arrest less people"?

That was more of a comment about our whole legal system than just on the kill drug dealers issue

In case you arent aware we have a giant prison system in this country and it costs a fortune , makes the convicts and us worse of when people go through it and locks up more people a year than anywhere and a good deal of the people that are in there are in for some petty shit.

Im not some hippy either there are people who belong in prison but I strongly think that any idea that gives the government even more power to crack down on people is fascist at this point and should be frowned upon. Your playing with fire any time you entertain authoritarian ideas and inch an entire country in that direction

You don't like either of these?

the dead dont experience punishment. the lead up to it is no fun, i imagine, but that lasts what? days? hours? minutes? who knows. hell, it may even be something they look forward to.

i can understand why loved ones may want to killer their loved one's killer. but the chance that they may kill an innocent imo, is enough reason to do away with it. if you allow your vengeful sentiments to kill someone who was no more guilty than your loved one, what does that say about you?

the dead dont experience punishment. the lead up to it is no fun, i imagine, but that lasts what? days? hours? minutes?

In the US? Decades.

We're all going to die, so you could put that same logic into locking someone up for life. They died in prison, so were they ever really punished? Did they feel punished after they were dead? I mean, c'mon. Life in prison is still a death sentence. It usually just takes a bit longer.

What is the logic behind LWOP, then? You've still taken their life away.

In the US? Decades.

meh. i think the average death row stint is 11 years? and do you really think people are punished for years by the thought of death more, or just being in jail more?

We're all going to die, so you could put that same logic into locking someone up for life.

mmnahhh. because you actually have to experience being locked up for life. being killed kills you. ie, you lose the experience of experiencing that, and the punishment associated with it.

They died in prison, so were they ever really punished?

ever poked your head inside of a prison? dont come back with some BS about people liking prison.

Did they feel punished after they were dead? I mean, c'mon. Life in prison is still a death sentence. It usually just takes a bit longer.

right.

What is the logic behind LWOP, then? You've still taken their life away.

a life they will be forced to experience behind bars, and worried about razor blades in their food.

ever poked your head inside of a prison? dont come back with some BS about people liking prison.

How did you come to that conclusion after what I said?

You were arguing some some shit about not feeling punished after you're dead. By that logic, any punishment is moot, because when you die you won't feel anything, and everyone dies.

a life they will be forced to experience behind bars, and worried about razor blades in their food.

Oh', so you don't like the death penalty because it's not cruel enough? Okay. I was a little confused, because you were arguing what a travesty it would be if an innocent person were to be executed. Apparently, you're totally fine with the potential of an innocent person being locked up, and being mentally and physically tortured for their entire life though.

Neat.

I think the death penalty should be reserved for the harshest crimes. People can argue that drug dealers "kill" people, but I say the drug user has to accept responsibility for choosing to put drugs in their body, so I don't see how it can be compared to mass murderers.

If you want to kill people for selling drugs so bad, start with the cartels and the heroin producers in the ME. This idiot wants to start killing Americans.

He is the worst leader in American history.

How did you come to that conclusion after what I said?

You were arguing some some shit about not feeling punished after you're dead. By that logic, any punishment is moot, because when you die you won't feel anything, and everyone dies.

right. so the sooner a prisoner dies, the less punishment experienced. no?

Oh', so you don't like the death penalty because it's not cruel enough? Okay. I was a little confused, because you were arguing what a travesty it would be if an innocent person were to be executed. Apparently, you're totally fine with the potential of an innocent person being locked up, and being mentally and physically tortured for their entire life though.

Neat.

an accidental incarceration can be amended to some degree. you cannot bring a dead person back. not for them, their family, or their friends. so by executing them, youve expanded the pool of victims for the entire situation.

Yeah, I would be for that. Ideally in addition to legalization.
But if you smuggle or deal in Kilos of heroin or meth or even more whats the point of keeping the person alive.
That is such blatant disrespect for the law that its the needle for me.

No unless you can prove they did something like knowingly selling drugs with rat poison and killing people.

I can see life with no parole for above a certain amount.

right. so the sooner a prisoner dies, the less punishment experienced. no?

I think the ultimate punishment makes up for the lost time.

an accidental incarceration can be amended to some degree.

About as much as a death sentence. Thing is, you have to correct it before the final hour. Plenty of innocents have rotted in jail and died/were murdered. What's the difference? I could see your point if the US was recklessly executing people, with no appeals, and a bullet to the back of the head within days, but they're not. They put the same due diligence into making sure they got it right, the same as they do LWOP perps.

you cannot bring a dead person back. not for them, their family, or their friends. so by executing them, youve expanded the pool of victims for the entire situation.

Oh' boo hoo. The law isn't run on feelings of the families of pieces of shit. ALL that shit is on the perp. If they didn't want to cause their own family pain from their execution, they should've made better decisions in life.

I think the ultimate punishment makes up for the lost time.

About as much as a death sentence. Thing is, you have to correct it before the final hour. Plenty of innocents have rotted in jail and died/were murdered. What's the difference? I could see your point if the US was recklessly executing people, with no appeals, and a bullet to the back of the head within days, but they're not. They put the same due diligence into making sure they got it right, the same as they do LWOP perps.

Oh' boo hoo. The law isn't run on feelings of the families of pieces of shit. ALL that shit is on the perp. If they didn't want to cause their own family pain from their execution, they should've made better decisions in life.
Missing the point as usual, when an innocent person is executed you can't bring them back. You seem to be ok with the govt. killing an innocent person in your need for vengeance.

Back