American Idol Season 16

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm watching the first episode right now. I used to like watching it when Simon was around.

LOL at Luke Bryan aka Blake Shelton 2.0 being a judge. I wouldn't be able to distinguish these two fellas voices, and likely their music. AI execs knows Blake brings in much sought after viewers form the South/South East US, and wanna recreate that.

Haven't watched but I thought it was pretty odd how the commercials for it pretty much gave away who would be selected.

They're filming this show differently from before. Trying to capture the millenial audience.

The second contestant featured, the African guy, is literally giving me chills as I type this.

edit- fuck! they didn't let him through. Harsh!

edit2- oh wait they're bringing him back? fuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkkk YEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Koby, the musical theater actress, first dud of the episode. What a nutjob.

I always liked watching the first Episode of this show as the really bad contestants got told so.

But the show sucked otherwise.

Superstar USA was more fun. Promoting the worst contestants and telling them they were great and telling the good ones they sucked made a more compelling watch lol.

And the fact that they told the finals live studio audience that it was a group of special needs performers so the crowd cheered regardless of how bad they were. Or that they were terminally ill make a wish people. I can't remember which.

I always liked watching the first Episode of this show as the really bad contestants got told so.

But the show sucked otherwise.

Superstar USA was more fun. Promoting the worst contestants and telling them they were great and telling the good ones they sucked made a more compelling watch lol.

And the fact that they told the finals live studio audience that it was a group of special needs performers so the crowd cheered regardless of how bad they were. Or that they were terminally ill make a wish people. I can't remember which.

Lol, I remember this from way back.

This shit is still going? God damn.

Ep. 2. The focus of this show is on teenagers. They're not even trying to hide it.

I want a more varied set of contestants featured.

Katy Perry is likeable AF. Never thought she was like this.

Last edited:
Thaddeus Johnson gave me chills.

The "Don't you worry, child" song I never really liked, but I liked his rendition.

Back