Death penalty for drug dealers? Trump approves.

How about the death penalty for politicians that wage unjust wars based on lies?

tenor.gif

It would certainly be the bestest and bigliest bill of rights. Only the best rights. Like grab em by the pussy and such.

The "Bill of Rights" will henceforth be known as the "Bills For Rights." You'll find an itemized breakdown on your monthly Statement of Premium Freedoms; note it's encouraged to set up recurring, automatic payments to prevent a loss, or temporary suspension, of your liberties.

Great point, however, as someone else mentioned earlier, why only lock up/execute people if it'll serve as a crime deterrent? Do it for justice!

As for your second point, it probably hasn't served as a great deterrent because how often do we actually execute someone? Maybe it'd be a solid deterrent if we didn't have hundreds, if not thousands, sitting on Death Row for DECADES.

This right here, sorry but the executions need to be done in a timely manner, you lose the appeal and you die next week.
Executions need to be more painful depending on the crime, no painless injections.

you have to control group with which to claim this. have we ever had a time when criminals were not threatened with the possibility of prison/jail?

meh. what good is a punishment that just ends someone? they arent around to be punished.

What good is it to have them around? why should we pay the bills to keep them alive?

the dead dont experience punishment. the lead up to it is no fun, i imagine, but that lasts what? days? hours? minutes? who knows. hell, it may even be something they look forward to.

i can understand why loved ones may want to killer their loved one's killer. but the chance that they may kill an innocent imo, is enough reason to do away with it. if you allow your vengeful sentiments to kill someone who was no more guilty than your loved one, what does that say about you?

So its better to lock up an innocent for life, rather than accidentally execute them?

Remember that you said locking up for life was the worse punishment.

So its better to lock up an innocent for life, rather than accidentally execute them?

Remember that you said locking up for life was the worse punishment.

at least there is a chance of them being exonerated. cant revive the dead.

i dont think a justification for killing citizens should be "because its cheaper."
then let me ask you this, let's say 10 of your neighbors didn't want to pay to keep these people alive, would it be alright for you to pay the share of these ten people and possibly lower your own standard of living, would you still feel the same way?
And you didn't tell me what good it was to keep these people alive.

then let me ask you this, let's say 10 of your neighbors didn't want to pay to keep these people alive, would it be alright for you to pay the share of these ten people and possibly lower your own standard of living, would you still feel the same way?
And you didn't tell me what good it was to keep these people alive.

well shit, if thats how we're going to do it then lets just absolve the govt. if we no longer have to pay into taxes for things that we do not agree with lol. can you imagine how that would go?

why must it do some good to keep them alive? i dont think the govt, and people, can accurately decide which citizens need to die with enough accuracy. its not a deterrent to crime. so what good is it to kill them? revenge for the victim's loved one's?

there is an appeals process for a reason
you are basically putting the needs of one over the needs of many

right. and the appeals process generally costs more than life in prison. so if its a penny pinching issue for you, then just lock them up.

right. and the appeals process generally costs more than life in prison. so if its a penny pinching issue for you, then just lock them up.
there is an automatic appeal if someone is sentenced to death, so that cost is there no matter what. If it were pennies i wouldn't really care, somehow it costs around 40 to 50 K per year to keep an inmate jailed.

Republican that's pro big government and anti personal freedom.

Color me shocked.
I believe that this is the part where right wingers adapt and say that Trump was originally a Dem and was a RINO all along and this is a fault of his liberal New York upbringing and values

If they can blame modern day Dems for slavery... why not?

Back