Can a UFC fighter drink soda or coffee instead of water when they are cornered in between rounds?

King Pun**

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Can a fighter drink soda instead of water when they are cornered in between rounds?

I don't see how having a Pepsi could hurt especially when people feel more refreshed after drinking soda than water.

How about a beer.... Nothing more refreshing than that

would have tobe cafeine free. is p.e.d believe it or not

if it has a reebok logo on it

sure

Man I would love to see some fighter sip a cup of coffee between rounds haha the visual of that is fantastic

The Guy Who drink Beer between round would become my favorite fighter right away.

Fuck fighting, this should be the main attraction. Who wouldn’t pay PPV money to see Roy Nelson chug a gallon of chicken gravy through a moderately sized funnel?

No caffeinated beverages leading up to or during a fight are allowed. Water bottles have to be approved prior to being used in a corner. Some bottles have been thrown out of the cage by the commission because they weren't signed by a commission member.

The Guy Who drink Beer between round would become my favorite fighter right away.
It could happen

YnyfH08.png

Can't tell if serious?

Also, in before "but Machida can drink his own piss"

hes probably serious but hes wrong. he watches too much rogan.

to answer TS question, pretty much every commission states only water is allowed between rounds, and generally only water is allowed in the locker rooms as well. This is why all the monster cans are empty. its commission rules.

Back