Death penalty for drug dealers? Trump approves.

if someone kills someone death penalty seems logical, nobody should deserve life if they kill. But to kill someone for selling a drug? Will drug pharma come into this as well? Should people behind Oxycontin get death penalty?
No they’re doing great things, great things I tell ya!

They’re making billions hooking Americans into drugs, you want to see that go to China?!

well shit, if thats how we're going to do it then lets just absolve the govt. if we no longer have to pay into taxes for things that we do not agree with lol. can you imagine how that would go?

why must it do some good to keep them alive? i dont think the govt, and people, can accurately decide which citizens need to die with enough accuracy. its not a deterrent to crime. so what good is it to kill them? revenge for the victim's loved one's?

I asked you if the cost for you personally was more, since you do not want to execute offenders, would it change your mind? I didn't say anything about dissolving government. I'm sure there is a number, if you had to pay it to keep these offenders alive, that you would say at some point "fuck'em lets execute. You said that cost should not decide weather or not we execute or jail'em. I'm 100 percent positive that if you had to pay 1000/month to keep them jailed that you would change your mind.

Why not pedophiles? It's very likely that their victims will become drug addicts, which in turn fuels the illicit drug trade.
I'm not sure if people here realize how truly hellish a person's life can be come after they've been molested as a child. Each faction across all spectrums seem to only care about this to the extent that the conversation suits their interests. Otherwise it's seems to be tolerated and even accepted when the abusers are of the same ideological polarity.
What crime is more repugnant and damaging than the sexual abuse of a child?
LMAO, the bloodlust for pedophiles is insatiable. We’re talking about murdering drug dealers and someone brings up pedophiles (And a bunch of people Liked it!)

The best part is someone is going to accuse me of defending them or being one because I’m laughing at this ridiculous horse shit.

You guys who are constantly wishing death on pedophiles are gonna turn out to be like Republican politicians with their pants down at a gay bar.

I asked you if the cost for you personally was more, since you do not want to execute offenders, would it change your mind? I didn't say anything about dissolving government.

yes you did. if we go around saying "i dont personally want my tax money to go to that," guess what the inevitable end result will be? theres a bunch of shit those same neighbors want tax money to go to that i do not. so can i revoke my contribution while upping theirs for those things? thats a game we just cant play.

I'm sure there is a number, if you had to pay it to keep these offenders alive, that you would say at some point "fuck'em lets execute. You said that cost should not decide weather or not we execute or jail'em. I'm 100 percent positive that if you had to pay 1000/month to keep them jailed that you would change your mind.

yea probably, but if food was $10k per serving size would you ever buy any? stop asking silly questions.

so dont try to kill them and you can save that money.

25DEATH_graphic_full.jpg
that's the cost of the trial alone, you have to factor in the cost of keeping them jailed for say 30-40 years.
plus see what it says after that little star-Defendants sentenced to death have higher prison cost because supervising them is more expensive, so if it cost more to jail them during the trial it costs more to keep them jailed after the trial as well. Are you trying to prove my point or yours?

Nice try, but try not to ignore my real question, there is a number, if you had to pay it every month, that you would say fuck it let's execute them, what is that number? simple question.

yes you did. if we go around saying "i dont personally want my tax money to go to that," guess what the inevitable end result will be? theres a bunch of shit those same neighbors want tax money to go to that i do not. so can i revoke my contribution while upping theirs for those things? thats a game we just cant play.

Fair enough, that's a very valid point

yea probably, but if food was $10k per serving size would you ever buy any? stop asking silly questions.

huh?

You know, you can just say that you believe killing people is immoral, no matter who does it, and be done with it.

Your rationalization is getting a bit out there.

What is the logic behind LWOP, then? You've still taken their life away.
If they're falsely convicted then they still have a chance of overturning it. Execute a falsely convicted innocent man and there is no going back.

To be fair it often takes quite some time for those sentenced to death to actually be executed, something like 10 years in many cases, so I suppose that would give an innocent man on death row some time to try and get exonerated.

But still, execution has a finality to it that LWOP doesn't.

LMAO, the bloodlust for pedophiles is insatiable. We’re talking about murdering drug dealers and someone brings up pedophiles (And a bunch of people Liked it!)

The best part is someone is going to accuse me of defending them or being one because I’m laughing at this ridiculous horse shit.

You guys who are constantly wishing death on pedophiles are gonna turn out to be like Republican politicians with their pants down at a gay bar.
Pedo spotted. ^

So its better to lock up an innocent for life, rather than accidentally execute them?

Remember that you said locking up for life was the worse punishment.
Of course. That way, they can be exonerated after 20 years, which often happens.

I don't agree with capital punishment at all, so I definitely don't agree with Trump here.

Too many innocent people have been sent to death row. Put them in jail for life without parole so that there is still a process to clear innocent people. You can't make reparations to a wrongly convicted person after you have already killed them.

Of course. That way, they can be exonerated after 20 years, which often happens.

Often? I think you're confusing rare instances that are reported on, as frequent occurrences. For every innocent guy freed on new evidence, there are potentially 1000's who aren't. The evidence it takes to overturn a guilty verdict has to be of the no doubt variety, and even then. The State does not like admitting mistakes. How many innocent guys you think are rotting in prison who you will never hear of, and never see such evidence brought to light? Quite a few, I'd imagine.

Now of course, you can use that reasoning for a case against the death penalty. I'm just saying that LWOP isn't much of a compromise, and as much you could say that the State fucked up and killed an innocent man if they do execute the wrong guy, you could say the same for guys who served their lives in prison and died there. In both instances, the State still took their lives, and you could even argue that the LWOP guy suffered even more.

Often? I think you're confusing rare instances that are reported on, as frequent occurrences. For every innocent guy freed on new evidence, there are potentially 1000's who aren't. The evidence it takes to overturn a guilty verdict has to be of the no doubt variety, and even then. The State does not like admitting mistakes. How many innocent guys you think are rotting in prison who you will never hear of, and never see such evidence brought to light? Quite a few, I'd imagine.

Now of course, you can use that reasoning for a case against the death penalty. I'm just saying that LWOP isn't much of a compromise, and as much you could say that the State fucked up and killed an innocent man if they do execute the wrong guy, you could say the same for guys who served their lives in prison and died there. In both instances, the State still took their lives, and you could even argue that the LWOP guy suffered even more.
I understand what you're saying, I'd just rather take the chance that someone could be exonerated and not get the death penalty. Of course there's quite a few innocent people, or people that have received an unreasonably lengthy sentence, that are in prison right now.

I'm not against the death penalty out of principle or out of humanitarian reasons. I think it's just as inhumane (maybe even worse) to lock someone up in a maximum security facility for the rest of his life, with no chance of ever getting out. I've had this discussion quite a few times with people, who were against executions as a matter of principle. I always ask them which they would prefer; be locked up for 60 years until they die, or get the death penalty? I stipulate there is no chance of ever getting out.

Honestly the boredom would drive me insane.

I bet Duterte fucks with meth too. Pop another dexxy Trump. It takes a lot of energy to be a political star.

It would not help a bit.
People want drugs and that's why there will always be a supply, either from people trying to get rich, or from people who are trying to get by, but as long as there is a demand there will be supply.
Wanting the deathpenalty is for fucked up people who want others to die for no good reason, but it has nothing to do with solving a problem.

Seems harsh if it's not connected to another crime such as human trafficking, murder, or the like, but I'm a bit of a hypocritic. If I ruled the world the line for the firing squad would be pretty damn long. Pharma lobbyists and corrupt doctors in the Pit of Trials with one rusty knife between them, winner gets to wander in exile in the Gobi Desert.

Back