2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

Relevant to the Packers' free agent CB targets, here are the PFF Cornerback rankings for notable remaining free agents:

EJ Gaines - #13
Rashann Melvin - #17
Prince Amukamara - #41
Aaron Colvin - #47
Malcolm Butler - #51
Bashaud Breeland - #54
Trumaine Johnson - #68

Trumaine also played with elite safety help (Joyner) and the NFL's fourth-best pass rush (as measured by sacks).

DV9wtJDXUAAoemt

Pseudo stats never lie. Surprised Micah Hyde isn’t 3rd, Capers ftw

Only reason I’m against it is if someone sees anything promising from Goodson (lol), Hawkins, Pipkins or the the one and only DONATELLO BROWN

As I said though they need someone better too. They’re apparently really interested in Johnson. Even if he’s “above average but not elite” the standards here are so low he’ll look like a HOF

End of the day idc. Whoever Pettine wants and thinks fits the scheme go get them

That's the cardinal sin of team building, though: spending inflated money on average players.

FWIW, I think Trumaine offers the best schematic fit (from what I understand about Pettine's scheme, that is).

Also, happy to see Trae Waynes get it together this year. Even if he is a Viking, I've always liked the kid.

In his defense, he was trying to get Capers the right pieces for his complex and genius scheme.

bork1}

*Corner bull rushes a tackle while Mike Daniels drops back into coverage^

Commentator: "OMG, Dom Capers has such exotic blitzes"

Tramon? DRC? All these old ass corners.

GB needs to really go for Trumaine Johnson. I know after the Sherman signing he will be expecting quite the payday, so cut either Jordy or Cobb and get the Rodgers extension done to free up more cap space.
This

So...apparently Kizer's stats were even worse than Hundley.

10 pts lower passer rating
7% lower completion percentage
14 pts lower QBR
17% lower TD rate
19% higher int rate
1:2 TD:INT ratio
Not to mention, Hundley, mediocre though he is, is really well-liked in the locker room, has a somewhat smaller cap-hit, and I mean, technically-speaking did seem to play some pretty decent fourth-quarter football. Obviously not a long-term answer, but as it stands he's not the worst backup in the league, and if all goes well could still improve.

I don't really care that Kizer was alleged to have Manziel'd it up at least once before a game, but I kind of buy into the fact that he pissed away a lot of close games. Whatever the opposite of the clutch gene is, he seems to have it. Nothing I saw last year makes me think he could be significantly better than Humpley. An experiment is fine, but if one or both isn't markedly improved after camp we could be fucked all over again.

Not to mention, Hundley, mediocre though he is, is really well-liked in the locker room, has a somewhat smaller cap-hit, and I mean, technically-speaking did seem to play some pretty decent fourth-quarter football. Obviously not a long-term answer, but as it stands he's not the worst backup in the league, and if all goes well could still improve.

I don't really care that Kizer was alleged to have Manziel'd it up at least once before a game, but I kind of buy into the fact that he pissed away a lot of close games. Whatever the opposite of the clutch gene is, he seems to have it. Nothing I saw last year makes me think he could be significantly better than Humpley. An experiment is fine, but if one or both isn't markedly improved after camp we could be fucked all over again.
I'm wondering if Hundley and Kizer are going to be used in trades just before FA starts.

We still have Callahan and even outside of 1st rounder types there's a fair amount of decent QBs in the draft this year isn't there?

I'm wondering if Hundley and Kizer are going to be used in trades just before FA starts.

We still have Callahan and even outside of 1st rounder types there's a fair amount of decent QBs in the draft this year isn't there?

Who would trade for Hundley or Kizer? Are there GMs that were in comas last season?

Who would trade for Hundley or Kizer? Are there GMs that were in comas last season?
Reports I read last week (not from Schefter though so that's telling) were that the Raiders were interested in Hundley.

Reports I read last week (not from Schefter though so that's telling) were that the Raiders were interested in Hundley.

Do they have gum that needs to be chewed?

Saw something about the Packers officially reaching out to Graham cracker

Saw something about the Packers officially reaching out to Graham cracker

Of the four mentioned FA targets:

NO --> Graham, A-Rob, Trumaine Johnson

YES --> Sammy Watkins

Of the NO's, Graham makes the least sense in our offense.

And apparently A-Rob is signing with the Bears, Watkins with the Chiefs (for way too much money), and Trumaine Johnson is vying for a big fatty of a contract.

Last edited:
No Watkins and no Robinson ,both signed , another slow WR Corp this year

Dany Woodhead is a free agent now... hardest working running back in the league right there.

I say this every year but it is still true. The teams these players were on have to know more about them than anyone else. Teams have decided they aren't worth what they would have to pay them. Bennet was a prime example of that. The worst ever for the Packers was Mike Sherman's signing of Joe Johnson.

I say this every year but it is still true. The teams these players were on have to know more about them than anyone else. Teams have decided they aren't worth what they would have to pay them. Bennet was a prime example of that. The worst ever for the Packers was Mike Sherman's signing of Joe Johnson.
I get that but you still have to take a chance on people once in awhile.

ESPECIALLY with defensive secondary groups given how long it can take for rookies to develop (or in the case of Rollins and Randall never truly develop).

I'm still positive a corner will be signed. Prince Amukamara seems like the clear front runner right now. He fits perfectly.

No Watkins and no Robinson ,both signed , another slow WR Corp this year

Really holding out hope for Donte Moncrief.

Back