Why are people mad at DJ?

I'm not mad. I just wish MM had a viable contender at 125lbs.

You're missing out if you think 135 is stale.
Cruz probably injured again, Garbrandt already got knocked out by TJ, those are the top 2 guys in the division, he already schooled assuncao, only guy left is Rivera and who has he beat?

Same old double standard shit on sherdog. If Tyron wants a fight with Conor, people bitch at Tyron. If TJ wants to fight Dj, people bitch at DJ. What's the science behind that??
I think the difference would be DJ has no more real challenges at his own weight class. He can keep beating the same guys but that doesn't move the needle for anyone. TJ should be getting more crap for going after a smaller guy but DJ likes to call himself the P4P best so it's hard to talk crap on TJ for wanting to fight arguably the best P4P guy. Tyron hasn't cleared out his own division and wants to fight someone smaller than him just to get paid. If Tyron said he wanted to fight Romero or Whitaker I don't see anyone giving him a hard time.

A) DJ fought at BW for 5 years (2007-2012). You could argue he went down to beat on smaller dudes, right? I mean if TJ is...

B) It's only a ten pound difference, ya fucking goof. It's not like a HW calling out a LHW or MW.

C) Stop white knighting the manlet.

D) It's time for him to fight some legit competition.

A) Fair point, but I believe there's a difference between moving down because you're undersized, and calling for a superfight down because it's less of a challenge than calling for a superfight up.

B) It's beyond rare you hear fighters calling out a smaller fighter. It makes you look like you're avoiding guys your own size.

C) It was in response to the large number of people calling DJ a coward, when TJ is the one fighting down.

D) Can't argue with that.

oh yeah, i am absolutley furious at a a guy i dont even know

If TJ makes 125, he is fighting a 125 fighter, like Reis, Borg, Joe B(former 135 title contender, so I am not sure the weight argument here if TJ makes 125), etc.

TJ has no clear #1 contender, which is why there was a fight lined up with Cruz and Rivera and Cruz bailed, so now Rivera needs a new #1 contender fight. Cody sure as hell doesn't deserve a title shot after getting KTFO in his last fight by TJ. Assuncao should be fighting Rivera for #1 contender. To sum things up, there is no #1 contender.

He should call out Holloway? The guy with the clear cut #1 contender in Ortega and before that, Edgar? The guy who isn't the #1 p4p fighter in MMA? That is a terrible argument.

How is TJ the number one FLW contender? He's never competed at that weight in any discipline. Even Conor had the good grace to go up in weight to get a shot he didn't deserve.

I think the difference would be DJ has no more real challenges at his own weight class. He can keep beating the same guys but that doesn't move the needle for anyone. TJ should be getting more crap for going after a smaller guy but DJ likes to call himself the P4P best so it's hard to talk crap on TJ for wanting to fight arguably the best P4P guy. Tyron hasn't cleared out his own division and wants to fight someone smaller than him just to get paid. If Tyron said he wanted to fight Romero or Whitaker I don't see anyone giving him a hard time.

TJ hasn't even defended his title once. He should get shit like anyone else. But he doesn't.

Now I do believe it's bs that DJ (supposedly) won't accept the fight. A champ is supposed to defend, no matter the opponent.

How is TJ the number one FLW contender? He's never competed at that weight in any discipline. Even Conor had the good grace to go up in weight to get a shot he didn't deserve.
Who said TJ was the #1 contender? Where did I specifically say TJ was the #1 contender? THERE IS NO #1 CONTENDER.

That is the whole point of the fight making sense to happen now. They're both 2 fantastic fighters and there is no opponent I would rather see DJ fight than TJ. I am sure many others feel the same way.

Why are DJ's fans so against him fighting a fantastic fighter like TJ and would prefer he fight someone they know has nothing for him? That's just absurd to me.

DJ can beat TJ, which would unquestionably be the biggest win of his career and certainly do wonders for his legacy. TJ said he would fight at 125. I say there's no excuse legit in my book for this fight not happening, if TJ can in fact make 125.

He doesn't challenge himself . Prefers to coast in comfort and wants to be recognized for doing something spectacular. He's so fundamentally sound, it gets stale to watch.

He is ALWAYS challenging himself when he fights the number 1 contender at 125lbs.

Not one of those fights are gimmie fights.

Lost and is staying where he can implement his boring effective style

Don't really care enough about the guy to explain constantly, just an obvious answer on why he couldn't sell out a local civic center

Winning > Boring

If TJ makes 125, he is fighting a 125 fighter, like Reis, Borg, Joe B(former 135 title contender, so I am not sure the weight argument here if TJ makes 125), etc.

TJ has no clear #1 contender, which is why there was a fight lined up with Cruz and Rivera and Cruz bailed, so now Rivera needs a new #1 contender fight. Cody sure as hell doesn't deserve a title shot after getting KTFO in his last fight by TJ. Assuncao should be fighting Rivera for #1 contender. To sum things up, there is no #1 contender.

He should call out Holloway? The guy with the clear cut #1 contender in Ortega and before that, Edgar? The guy who isn't the #1 p4p fighter in MMA? That is a terrible argument.

All of the top 10 at BW make more sense then TJ getting a title shot in a division he has never even competed in before.

LOL, there are no contenders in his division, Garbrandt got spanked without a single successful title defence, Cruz has been out for like a year AGAIN, Rivera is the only guy and honestly who wants to see that fight over DJ? DJ is just being a drama queen and bitching out

There are plenty of contenders at BW.

A large amount of worthy potential champions actually.

All of the top 10 at BW make more sense then TJ getting a title shot in a division he has never even competed in before.
Sooo, all the guys in TJ's division deserve a shot at MM before TJ? RIiiiiiiight.

If "125 is 125", then the only person at fault for this fight not happening last year is DFW.

All he had to do was guarantee DJ would be paid if TJ failed to make weight. He didn't guarantee it, because he knows it's not close to a sure thing. The fallout of canceling the fight b/c TJ didn't make 125 would be problematic.

TJ can't make 125, at least can't guarantee it.

Sooo, all the guys in TJ's division deserve a shot at MM before TJ? RIiiiiiiight.

giphy.gif

How about all the fighters at 125lbs deserve a shot at DJ before TJ.

Get a fucking win at 125lbs first and EARN the shot.

giphy.gif

How about all the fighters at 125lbs deserve a shot at DJ before TJ.

Get a fucking win at 125lbs first and EARN the shot.
What are you da fuq Chris rocking me for. You said all the bw top10 makes more sense, when we are talking about a #1 contender for DJ..... He fights at FLW so maybe you should use that image on yourself.

"Get a fucking win at 125 and EARN the shot" like this is some sort of precedence..... How many wins at 155 did Conor have in the ufc before fighting for the title?

How about GSP at MW?

How many top 10 wins does DC have at HW, who is going to fight for the HW title?

The UFC does not give a single fuck about earning a shot.

Why did he drop to 125 then after he lost to Cruz?
1. What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

2. FLW did not exist until after the Cruz fight, if it had MM wouldn't have been fighting in the division. He was one of the 4 in the tourney for the inaugural FLW belt.

idk if you can criticize dillashaw for calling out who is no doubt the #1 P4P fighter in mma today and possibly the GOAT for a chance to be champ champ. Pretending jimmie rivera or garbrandt is a bigger challenge than DJ is foolish.

I love me some Mighty Mouse but really? You don't see Garbrandt as a challenge to TJ? We all know TJ stopped him in the second, but it's not as though that fight was one sided?

BYDzBiS.gif

Back