BREAKING: Secretary of State Tillerson Out!

Surely even Trump supporters are troubled by how many firings/resignations (not to mention arrests, indictments or guilty pleas) there have been. At the very least, it would suggest his judgement when it comes to hiring is not the best.

hi AndrewSUFC, well met -

i guess there's another way of looking at this; by all accounts, Mr. Trump and his team weren't too confident they'd win in the general against Mrs. Clinton.

they probably didn't have an apparatus up and running to select cabinet members and vet properly. so, for the last year (for better or for worse) the US has had a bunch of neophytes learning on the job and running the nation.

added to this handicap is the reality that you really can't have cabinet members openly deriding the POTUS. Mr. Tillerson described his Commander and Chief as a "moron".

it wasn't a good fit, so i can see why Mr. Tillerson had to go.

- IGIT

Yeah, I'm sure he knows his way around Washington (and the Kremlin), and had the obvious ties to the Republican party.
He was hardly beholden to the party politics though, and that wasn't the source of conflict with Trump anyway.

I don't think Trump or his adversaries are as dumb as people make them out to be. I think decieving the public is probably a necessity no matter what side of the fence you are on.

And I do think that decisions can be made for multiple reasons, some of them short term, some of them long term, some of them decieving.

Kinda felt like Rex was at his position in name only. He didn't know about the NK meeting being agreed to. I do wonder how Pompeo will handle the position if Trump were to pull that on him.

I don't think Trump or his adversaries are as dumb as people make them out to be. I think decieving the public is probably a necessity no matter what side of the fence you are on.

And I do think that decisions can be made for multiple reasons, some of them short term, some of them long term, some of them decieving.

There's no way to make the administration's foreign policy performance look competent. No matter how much hand waving you do.

He's getting more wiggle room now. My guess is that he will endict a person or two once he can do it (realisticly).

I think it's the only way if he wants to run USA.

What? Are you saying

"From Ukraine to Syria – and now the U.K. – Russia continues to be an irresponsible force of instability in the world, acting with open disregard for the sovereignty of other states and the life of their citizens." Tillerson, 3/12/18, shortly before being fired.
Do you think this scandal comes too late to influence the PA special election?

This was a long time coming based on all available reporting. No surprise that the Iran deal is central to Trump's thinking, not to mention the fact that Rex was the only Trump official to come out and strongly denounce Russia for the poisoning of Skripal and his daughter.

We're going to go after Iran bigly now. Look for Bolton at the CIA, and look for fascist creep to accelerate. Especially now that the House Intel Committee has shut down their Russia investigation, and completely exonerated the President. They even claimed that Russia wasn't trying to help Trump at all.

Batten down the hatches, it's going to be a bumpy Spring.

I expected it to run better than this!

And I'm a huge fucking pessimist, but even I didn't foresee it being this bad.
I did. Not that I'm Nostradamus or anything, but to me it was always apparent it would be far far worse than most people imagined. There wasn't nearly enough panic when he won to suggest otherwise. The only thing that kept the situation from causing widespread panic was that there were some sane heads in the administration to slow things down a bit so steam was let off slowly, as it were, but now there's hardly anyone one sane left to release the pressure of the swamp gas so the place is going to explode before long.

You realize I dont understand English that great. Endict, "run" , wiggle room I had to Google. You think he want to be a dictator.

No I don't think he wants to be a dictator but I do think he'll have to get some people before they get him. I think the game is dirtier than most people realize.

This was a long time coming based on all available reporting.

hiya HomerThompson,

yeah, i think it was also.

Mr. Trump probably has wanted to dump Mr. TIllerson for months, but was constrained by the optics of the never-ending exodus from the West Wing.

- IGIT

iw9l9.jpg

NORAD, How may i direct your call?

Surprised? By all accounts John Bolton is entering the administration soon.
How about Michael Bolton , he's as qualified as alot of the people in this administration

Back