Should D's help R's to fix flawed Tax Bill?

Now you know how the R's felt when the ACA was passed.

Welcome to politics.
That's a completely dishonest assessment of how the ACA was passed. The ACA was debated for months, actually included Republican amendments and Democrats ensured Republicans were a part of the process, they just voted no anyway.

Also, the ACA went through many rounds of serious analysis and took a long time to pass. The tax bill was rammed through in the face of the analyses and Dems weren't even invited to meetings.

You picked all that up about @Seano in the two months you've been here?

Some much needed life advice for you:

Getting banned from a forum, is kind of like getting dumped by a girlfriend. After it's happened, it's best to just move on with your life, rather than sticking around, refusing to let it go.

If you got banned, it meant that your relationship with the forum just wasn't working out. It's a sign that you need to move on with your life. Starting a new account comes across as desperate and petty.

Pardon me if I don't take life advice from you. I wasn't talking to you anyway. I must have hit a nerve, though. I like that.

Now you know how the R's felt when the ACA was passed.

Welcome to politics.

Full retard

T5ouCuI.jpg

Making your decisions based solely on how a policy affects you individually vice how you think it would affect the nation as a whole is selfish and borderline immoral imo.

The differences in the tax plan don't impact me in any appreciable way, so I couldn't really use that to make my decision even if I wanted to.

I totally agree, as this tax bill is adding to our debt and plans are in the works to erode the publics safety net. Your comment is well received although I doubt you intended it that way.

Pardon me if I don't take life advice from you. I wasn't talking to you anyway. I must have hit a nerve, though. I like that.
It's just amusing to me how obvious it is you're a formerly banned user. You seem to know so much about the posters here, despite the short amount of time you've spent here.

Also note that you don't deny being a formerly banned poster. What were you last few account names?

This X1,000. The idea that both sides do it needs to die.
Republican ACA votes:

Democratic Tax break votes:

It would appear that both side do in fact push through partisan legislation when in power.

Welcome to politics.

Republican votes for the ACA:

Sorry Sawlty Fawlty, go back and reread what I wrote. I choose my words very carefully. Nothing I said in my post was factually incorrect.

Full retard on multiple levels.

1. I'm not Fawlty, learn to read.

2. 160 changes and no votes, sounds like the team who got their changes and tanked it anyway is the problem.

3. Your entire post was false so....good job.

4. Full retard. Just want to reinforce that.

<DisgustingHHH>

This X1,000. The idea that both sides do it needs to die.

What's worse is that Republicans will dishonestly claim that something is done and then use that as a justification to actually do it. It's madness.

Full retard on multiple levels.

1. I'm not Fawlty, learn to read.

2. 160 changes and no votes, sounds like the team who got their changes and tanked it anyway is the problem.

3. Your entire post was false so....good job.

4. Full retard. Just want to reinforce that.
Apologies, you both come across the exact same. But to be fair, you have been alot more pissy lately. @Fawlty and @Falsedawn are two liberal reactionaries that lob insults rather than making a coherent argument, my understandable mistake.

What was factually incorrect? The fact that you're unable to actually articulate anything that was, tells me you can't.

I totally agree, as this tax bill is adding to our debt and plans are in the works to erode the publics safety net. Your comment is well received although I doubt you intended it that way.
I didn't intend it negatively. I tend to lean a little left economically.

I think that preventing legislation that would improve the tax plan because the new plan isn't perfect or (probably more accurately) to teach the right a lesson, is not the way members of Congress should conduct themselves.

Apologies, you both come across the exact same. But to be fair, you have been alot more pissy lately. @Fawlty and @Falsedawn are two liberal reactionaries that lob insults rather than making a coherent argument, my understandable mistake.

What was factually incorrect? The fact that you're unable to actually articulate anything that was, tells me you can't.

The fact that your argument boils down to "NO VOTES SEE", while ignoring the procedural differences that actually matter when it comes to crafting a law basically means that I only have to do the bare minimum to defuse your bullshit.

I mean, I meme people all the time, but I destroyed your shitty argument with one. You're a fucking toddler farm boy lolol.

I didn't intend it negatively. I tend to lean a little left economically.

I think that preventing legislation that would improve the tax plan because the new plan isn't perfect or (probably more accurately) to teach the right a lesson, is not the way members of Congress should conduct themselves.

How exactly are they wanting to improve it? That's my main problem with anything coming from the GOP.

The fact that your argument boils down to "NO VOTES SEE", while ignoring the procedural differences that actually matter when it comes to crafting a law basically means that I only have to do the bare minimum to defuse your bullshit.

I mean, I meme people all the time, but I destroyed your shitty argument with one. You're a fucking toddler farm boy lolol.
Again, nothing you've said or posted has disproven my previous statement. Re-read it and you'll understand the pointlessness of your replies.

Again, nothing you've said or posted has disproven my previous statement. Re-read it and you'll understand the pointlessness of your replies.

If the Rs felt like that after the ACA, then they might be the only group of people on earth as brain dead as you.

<3>

How exactly are they wanting to improve it? That's my main problem with anything coming from the GOP.
I don't know about any plans to make serious changes to it. I honestly am not that well informed on the topic. The OP asked if Dems should help to fix the issues. The issues in the OP sound like it's mostly just rewriting parts of the legislation to fix errors that were made in drafting it.

Yes, I think they should help to fix any and all problems. All elected officials should be trying to fix problems.

Republican ACA votes:

Democratic Tax break votes:

It would appear that both side do in fact push through partisan legislation when in power.

Welcome to politics.
Again, this stupidly ignores what actually is going on in our politics.

I don't know. I honestly am not that well informed on the topic. The OP asked if Dems should help to fix the issues. It didn't really discuss specific plans to fix them.

Yes, I think they should help to fix any and all problems. All elected officials should be trying to fix problems.

They absolutely should not help if the result is bad for their constituents.

They absolutely should not help if the result is bad for their constituents.
The three things named in the OP sound like fixing errors made in drafting. They don't sound like they're going to hurt individuals. One is helping smaller silos. The other two are fixing loopholes that could be exploited by rich people/corporations.

Back