Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

You know the ones who are responsible.
aiEJH.gif

People of Any Color

I disagree with you but I’m basing it on my experiences. I’ve yet to meet a single person that took pride in their race/color based on ANY super hero movie/book/comic (For arguments sake let’s stick with that genre)

Presuming you mean villains/criminals....Perhaps, but what are the % based on color/race. Only someone that is ignorant on said data (including myself) would believe that white people aren’t portrayed as the majority of criminals in both numbers and percentages.

Don’t get me wrong, for the most part I don’t give a flying fuck what other people believe in and if someone wants to look at a movie character or any one else as a role model...it’s cool with me and insert fedorshouldeshrug.gif

there really is nothing to disagree with. You either acknowledge it or you don't.

the White American V the dirty savages (whether US natives or other) and the White American as savior for all sorts of other races and cultures is a FACT. The US can over come any alien invasion due to our ingenuity is also fact. I can list untold movies with that theme and the 'pride' thing is the under pinning of what they are selling you even if you do not realize that you are being sold that.

Because we are not a monolith.

We are not all from the hood, some of us grew up in the suburbs... What do we have represent us? Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Family Matters, The Cosby Show and Black-ish.

Now compare that to the hood booger shows... See the difference?

Waaaay too many hood booger shows and movies.
Well I hope you don’t consider Martin a hood booger show

I’m not even black and Martin is one of the best shows ever

Well I hope you don’t consider Martin a hood booger show

I’m not even black and Martin is one of the best shows ever
Martin did its best to promote monogamy, it's up there with Roc.

Fuck Tisha Campbell tho.

You truly are dense.
The pride is in relation to finally seeing themselves on the big screen as superheroes.
You know like:
-Superman
-Batman
-Spiderman
-Captain America
-Iron Man
-Thor
-Green Lantern
-Daredevil
-Wolverine
-Dr. Strange
-Ant Man
-Wonder Woman

Just to name a few.

th

@MikeMcMann

You’ve not stated any facts that support that “white peoples” feel pride in being white by seeing comic characters as hero or villain.

If no one realizes the intent then how can you pontificate that the intent matters. Said another way, intent is irrelevant if it doesn’t Work.

Last edited:
Why the fuck was I tagged in that post? I'm confused.

Martin did its best to promote monogamy, it's up there with Roc.

Fuck Tisha Campbell tho.

Soul Train, Good times, the jeffersons, Sanford and Son, Cosby Show, A-Team, Miami Vice....a few of the ones i grew up with...

What does this information tell you about American movie audiences???

It tells us the American audience largely liked those movies. You needed us to tell you that?

It tells us the American audience largely liked those movies. You needed us to tell you that?

I think it's a wake-up call to Hollywood. I mean it wasn't long ago we got a whitewashed movie about Egyptians and Israelites. We got a white Goku in a Dragonball z movie.

I think it's a wake-up call to Hollywood. I mean it wasn't long ago we got a whitewashed movie about Egyptians and Israelites. We got a white Goku in a Dragonball z movie.
Goku is an alien so I didn't really care that a white dude played him. I cared that the white dude couldn't act to save his life

Back