Lonzo Ball: Bust or Baller?

I think that if he is given time to develop (which Lakers are probably more than willing to do), he may live up to some, if not most of the hype.

However, it’s just disgusting that the actual sport of basketball is being oveshadowed by the media circus around it.

I realize it’s not anything new, but it really did seem to hit a new low last year with Lonzo’s idiot father (and all the media outlets who gobbled his shit up and regurgitated it fir clicks/likes).

7 of 33 from 2 his last 3 games.
3 of 21 from 3.
How can a person be so inconsistent? I don't think anyone is arguing he would be a bust at 15 points with ~8 Rebounds and Assists a game, but that shooting % is a killer.

I thought Lonzo was a bust guys?
No. He's killing it now. Busts don't put up the kind of numbers he's been putting up lately.
Lonzo is shooting 41% from 3 since December 1st in the games he has played.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif
These posts have aged terribly, which shouldn’t have surprised anyone who actually watches Laker games.

7 of 33 from 2 his last 3 games.
3 of 21 from 3.
How can a person be so inconsistent?

Because he has no control of his shot whatsoever. He has no idea where the ball is exactly going and at what trajectory, so its no surprise hes hitting backboards when shooting from a side.

He just tosses it from his shoulder, and sometimes it goes in, sometimes it doesnt. Its not like with normal form where you can feel if youre gonna go short, or to the side, and you can adjust. He cant do that with his shooting form. He just throws it and if it goes it goes.

I dont know man i really dont see anything special about Lonzo... I see a clumsy kid, tripping over his own feet, dribbling ball above his head, running into people, gets blocked by a rim every game (?!?!), airballs layups, horror shooting, body language kinda funny, body type funny too... i dont know man...

Obviously being a 6"8 tall pointguard is gonna get you defensive rebounds by itself, specially when you snatch them from your teammates, so i dont think hes this great rebounder everyone is calling him... He can pass though, has a solid vision, still i consider Ricky Rubio to be a way more talented passer...

Counting stats is also one thing, so he can fill it up with those defensive rebounds, but just from the good old eye test, i see a clumsy kid more than anything...

Last edited:
If you dont watch laker games you wouldnt get why a lot of fans are excited about this teams future. His offense needs some work but his defense is already taking our team to the next step. Hes a baller stop letting your hate for his dad cloud your judgement

prob not a good look when Bow Wow beats you without shoes

Because he has no control of his shot whatsoever. He has no idea where the ball is exactly going and at what trajectory, so its no surprise hes hitting backboards when shooting from a side.

He just tosses it from his shoulder, and sometimes it goes in, sometimes it doesnt. Its not like with normal form where you can feel if youre gonna go short, or to the side, and you can adjust. He cant do that with his shooting form. He just throws it and if it goes it goes.

I dont know man i really dont see anything special about Lonzo... I see a clumsy kid, tripping over his own feet, dribbling ball above his head, running into people, gets blocked by a rim every game (?!?!), airballs layups, horror shooting, body language kinda funny, body type funny too... i dont know man...

Obviously being a 6"8 tall pointguard is gonna get you defensive rebounds by itself, specially when you snatch them from your teammates, so i dont think hes this great rebounder everyone is calling him... He can pass though, has a solid vision, still i consider Ricky Rubio to be a way more talented passer...

Counting stats is also one thing, so he can fill it up with those defensive rebounds, but just from the good old eye test, i see a clumsy kid more than anything...
He's not 6'8. You're saying he's as tall as Lebron. And he's a legitimately good rebounder so your take is wrong. Plus, given the Lakers fast paced offense, it is a good thing that he rebounds in order to initiate the offense quickly.
e27d7f92-5ff7-4166-8c30-f9d8d487d0f5.gif

e27d7f92-5ff7-4166-8c30-f9d8d487d0f5.gif

5dc7668b-4a96-4816-852f-0a223ef88274.gif

He also has great anticipation and timing which plays a huge role in rebounding and defense (averaging close to a block and 2 steals a game). Other than his shooting and finishing, he has shown aptitude at almost every other facet of the game. He's not a bust.

Last edited:
If you dont watch laker games you wouldnt get why a lot of fans are excited about this teams future. His offense needs some work but his defense is already taking our team to the next step. Hes a baller stop letting your hate for his dad cloud your judgement

The Lakers don't win without him. They win with him.

This isn't rocket surgery. He is good. He does the little things that make everyone better. He does the things that make the team better. He isn't a stat guy, he is a team guy. He is the anti Westbrook.

The Lakers don't win without him. They win with him.

This isn't rocket surgery. He is good. He does the little things that make everyone better. He does the things that make the team better. He isn't a stat guy, he is a team guy. He is the anti Westbrook.
I believe the Lakers record with against without him is fairly similar.

He’s horrible at every single aspect of the game except defensive rebounding and throwing long passes. His playmaking is very poor and most of his assists come because he pushes the ball around the perimeter or dumps it into the post where guys like Randle, Lopez, Ingram or Kuzma then create or shoot a semi-contested jumper that goes in.

I don’t seem him breaking down defenses much off the dribble.

Lonzo's not the best rookie on the team...

Depending on how you look at it, that could be great news for the Lakers.

His playmaking is very poor and most of his assists come because he pushes the ball around the perimeter or dumps it into the post where guys like Randle, Lopez, Ingram or Kuzma then create or shoot a semi-contested jumper that goes in.

Watched the game last night and was a perfect example of what you said.

Lonzo had 8 assists, 7 of wich were passes to Lopez or Randle that bullied their way to the basket and somehow managed to get it in, or just a regular pass to whoever that hits a contested j.

Its still good that he does this, proves hes not selfish, but certainly doesnt make him a great passer or creator. He can make those long passes though, but often he fucks them up too as he rushes to get the ball out of his hands...

Last edited:
I think that if he is given time to develop (which Lakers are probably more than willing to do), he may live up to some, if not most of the hype.

However, it’s just disgusting that the actual sport of basketball is being oveshadowed by the media circus around it.

I realize it’s not anything new, but it really did seem to hit a new low last year with Lonzo’s idiot father (and all the media outlets who gobbled his shit up and regurgitated it fir clicks/likes).

They had to send his ass overseas to quiet him the fuck down. I havent heard much outta him since he took his 2 can sons to play ball in siberia

With Isaiah Thomas there now, do they need Lonzo?

Yea what did I.T. go for last night, 4-14 and 0-5 beyond the arc..

Miss the game winner the gane before on a play drawn up for Randle instead takin it on himself.

Did he say Brinks truck?

{<jordan}

They had to send his ass overseas to quiet him the fuck down. I havent heard much outta him since he took his 2 can sons to play ball in siberia

Brutal and funny. Nice.

I believe the Lakers record with against without him is fairly similar.
w/ Lonzo: 22-26 (45.8%)
w/o Lonzo: 9-13 (40.9%)

They're losers either way.

Back