How Many Fights Have You Seen That Were Better Than Conor/Nate 1

I'm not sure how Shogun/Machida 1 got left off the list...

Srsly, I have to count them all? <36>

Fox/UFC ranked McGregor/Diaz 1 as the 2nd greatest UFC fight of all time, and then ranked the rematch as the greatest UFC fight of all time. I'll ignore the 2nd fight because IMO it was a legit great fight (but if you want to talk about it, go for it). I'm a relatively new fan but have gone deep on fight pass to learn the history of the sport. I also love watching a McGregor fight - he always steps up in the spotlight and his matches are always entertaining - but are we serious about him being involved in the 2 greatest UFC fights of all time?
How many of you would rank McGregor/Diaz 1 in the top 25?
Neither of those fights are even top 10.
Literally just forced hype material to promote the rematch.

Both Edgar/Maynard 2 & 3, Lawler/Rory 2, Hendo/Shogun 1, Hunt/Bigfoot 1, Gus/Jones, GSP/Hendricks, Mendes/Aldo 2, all WAY better fights.

Diaz/ McGregor 1 was great because of the upset and Nate's trash talk, Diaz/McGregor 2 was a good fight but sloppy as hell since they both gassed after 3 rounds.

Part of the 25 years special, counting down the 25 best fights.

Hendo Shogun at #3
Robbie vs Rory at #4
Edgar Mayard 2 #5

Conor vs Nate 1 and 2 were big fights, but absolutely not nearly the best fights.

No business even being in the top 10

Fox gonna Fox.

I hope Sanchez v Melendez and Cain vs JDS (3) is high on there.

jGMUxy2.gif

jsgguw.jpg

I get having the second one in, but the first one? Really?

<Huh2>

Whats even more shocking is Scott Smitth vs Pete Sell didnt even make the list
Horse puckey!

Glad to see Edgar-Maynard 2 in top 5. Best rivalry in MMA history.

I get having the second one in, but the first one? Really?

<Huh2>
Conor fought for 5 minutes, got tired, got hit with a 1-2, and decided to panic wrestle and quit.

Ranking that ahead of a fight where Edgar got hit 250 times and kept coming back... disgrace

Sanchez Vs Guida
Sanchez Vs Melendez
Wanderlei Vs Stann
Hunt Vs Bigfoot 1

?

McGregor Diaz 1 is the 2nd greatest UFC fight ever.... EVER...

giphy.gif

I’m just shocked we didn’t get McGregor vs. Siver on this list too.

Last edited:
Even the second fight isn't that great with all the running Conor did and both guys gassing.

Its gotta be Lawler McDonald 2 Chuck Wandy and Hendo Shogun then Edgar Maynard 2 and 3. Those are the top 5 UFC fights.

Back