Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the entirety of the second season of "Into the Badlands" yesterday.

I want to really love this show and Nick Frost really added to the second season but...

Quinn dying means the show has essentially lost a good antagonist. I get The Widow is supposed to take over that spot but I can't take an antagonist serious when she's literally stabbed EVERYONE in the back at least once

Also, the kid playing MK literally ruins every scene he's in. Wooden overacting emotionless motherfucker.
Agreed with Nick Frost, he was a refreshing addition to the cast. Everybody is so grim and it just made sense to add a comic relief.

Agreed with Nick Frost, he was refreshing addition to the cast. Everybody is so grim and it just made sense to add a comic relief.
And it's not dumb "hur-durr" comic relief either. It usually fits the situation and is him constantly poking fun at how grim and depressing everyone is.

Extended Trailer for SUPERNATURAL Crossover Episode "ScoobyNatural"

Another great episode of THE MAGICIANS. Not only is it cool to see Julia becoming more powerful each episode, her character is super likable, probably the most likable among all of the main characters.

Also cool to see an alternate timeline/dimension episode and Quentin playing the role of the Beast.

Not a fan of the whole alternate timeline loophole where deceased characters get to come back to the show but I love Marina and glad she's back in one or the other. Plus her character is more fun than her predecessor. No really on board yet with alternate Penny.

Was Krypton as shitty as the reviews are making it out to be? Certainly doesn't sound too appealing.
It wasn't good.
But I've seen worse pilots. I try not to judge the first few eps of a new show too harshly.

I am a lot more intrigued about the world of Krypton than i am about a Gotham without Batman. The show has potential, imo. There are some seemingly competent actors that look like bad asses..and a few interesting storylines to explore

Last edited:
Extended Trailer for SUPERNATURAL Crossover Episode "ScoobyNatural"

I was wondering if anyone here watches this show.
I always see a ton of Supernatural gifs on the board, but no thread or talk of the show. I've been loving this season.
Mark Pelligrino as Lucifer is probably one of my favorite TV characters ever

I always see a ton of Supernatural gifs on the board, but no thread or talk of the show. I've been loving this season.
I wait until it hits Netflix, so I can skip episodes as necessary. The overall plot and relationships are still good, but also a little repetitive.

I wait until it hits Netflix, so I can skip episodes as necessary. The overall plot and relationships are still good, but also a little repetitive.
Yeah, i agree. They have definitely been repetitive on themes, which is to be expected to a degree considering they're like on Season 13 of what was supposed to be a 5 season show.

I think there's a lot less filler episodes these past few seasons. Most episodes are moving the story forward in some way, and not just monster of the week like they did in the past.
I actually have been liking the side characters and lore of the show than the actual 2 main characters

Yeah, i agree. They have definitely been repetitive on themes, which is to be expected to a degree considering they're like on Season 13 of what was supposed to be a 5 season show.

I think there's a lot less filler episodes these past few seasons. Most episodes are moving the story forward in some way, and not just monster of the week like they did in the past.
I actually have been liking the side characters and lore of the show than the actual 2 main characters
I prefer the monster of the week episodes. Also the backdoor pilots that never seem to work. But the lore is so good.

But the brothers hiding shit from each other or trying to protect someone from the truth aka typical CW bullshit is so grating after a decade.

Should be streamlined after last season though.

I prefer the monster of the week episodes. Also the backdoor pilots that never seem to work. But the lore is so good.

But the brothers hiding shit from each other or trying to protect someone from the truth aka typical CW bullshit is so grating after a decade.

Should be streamlined after last season though.
Yeah, there seem to be 2 camps with this.
I have a friend that prefers the monster of the week as well, but i have been really into their heaven/hell story.
I think they don't get enough credit for exploring that.

It was always irritating to me to have the show be in the middle of the literal apocalypse and then they do 3 monster of the week episodes before going back to the main plot.

I do like that they try new stuff when they do do the MoW shows, so it's not just standard, procedural Supernatural Law and order. The meta episodes, the Supernatural musical, the upcoming Scooby-Doo episode, etc.

I know Supernatural is a solid show but sorta stopped watching it after they killed off Alona Tal (Jo) in the second season.

I know Supernatural is a solid show but sorta stopped watching it after they killed off Alona Tal (Jo) in the second season.
You missed out. Up until season 5 it was really good. It went downhill for me after that point though.

Anyone been watching Here and Now? HBO show from the writer of Six Feet Under, True Blood and American Beauty. I watched the first episode last night and it's awesome. VERY Alan Ball.

Entertainment One/Mark Gordon has closed a deal to develop, produce and finance a TV series adaptation of the popular Street Fighter global video game franchise, with Joey Ansah, Jacqueline Quella and Mark Wooding, the team behind the live-action web series Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist, set to executive produce. eOne will handle international sales on the project.

Street Fighter the series will draw on the game’s World Warrior story-arc — introduced in the 1991 Street Fighter II: The World Warrior sequel to the original game — as the jumping off point, centering on four protagonists: Ryu, Ken, Guile and Chun-Li. Together, they fight to take down M. Bison, the evil mastermind who runs Shadaloo, a global criminal organization. Though on different journeys, our heroes’ paths will cross as they are drawn into the World Warrior Tournament, a competition devised by M. Bison to find the most powerful and capable fighter in the world. On the journey they come to share, they must draw on their strength, skills, intelligence and loyalty in a battle to survive and emerge as the World Warrior.

Street Fighter is a global tour de force franchise, having garnered immense worldwide commercial success and built a vast devoted fanbase that has only grown through its 30 year legacy. We are thrilled to be teaming up with Joey, Jacqueline and Mark, who are already so deeply connected to this brand, to bring this adored story to television audiences everywhere,” said Mark Gordon, eOne’s President and Chief Content Officer, Film, Television and Digital. “A particular strength of Street Fighteris the wide range of ethnically diverse characters and powerful women featured in the game. It will allow us to build an inclusive and engaging TV universe.”

Interesting.

I wonder if they will go with unknowns that have some martial arts or dancing background so they can pull off the fight choreography, or if they'll cast names.

They replaced her with other loveable and attractive female actors. Lots.

Of course, they killed them all off as well. But they happened.

Santa Clarita Diet S2 is back

i'll be watching it next week

Santa Clarita Diet S2 is back

i'll be watching it next week

i enjoyed the first season.

i can even remember why, but i was hoping theyd do another season.

So now there's rumours floating around that Rick and Morty may not even return for season 4. Because Adult Swim hasn't officially picked it up as of yet, and because a guy called out Dan Harmon about it and didn't get a clear answer back.

I don't really believe this at all, as R&M is probably one of the most hyped up shows nowadays, but still just these rumours makes me nervous. I mean it felt like forever before season 3 even started

adult swim shows are like that.

the venture bros came out in 2004, and are only now up to their seventh season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back