NCAA Wrestling

Didn't see it but Hoffman beat him 3-2. Hoffman is a beast and based the comments I read Whitman gave him all he could handle.

Thanks. Whitman is a beast too, was a 4x state champ and only lost 3 matches in High school. 2 of them when he was a Freshman wrestling Logan Massa

I dont recall the third loss, but i want to say it was against Max Dean

Hoffman is a beast, excited to see him in that scarlet and grey next year.

Do you remember the Woodall twins? They met in the finals of a few tournaments and I believe they always wrestled
The Paulson twins were to meet in a few tournaments and would always forfeit. I believe they forfeited in the Fargo finals one year.

My senior year of high school, Eddie and Alex Phillips met in the Michigan state finals. They were twins and the parents were divorced i believe, so they went to two different schools and met in the finals and wrestled.

There were many reasons why i transferred from eastern Michigan to central Michigan when doing my undergrad and one of the reasons was eastern being retarded.

Congrats Sa’Derian Perry on being easterns first AA since 1999, your reward is the program getting the ax.
http://emueagles.com/news/2018/3/20...s-to-reduce-varsity-sports-from-21-to-17.aspx
<mma3>
Phil Baroni wrestled for CMU. Do you have any idea how he was overall? I know he won some good matches and earned wrestler of the week in his conference but I don't think he ever made it to nationals.

Do you remember the Woodall twins? They met in the finals of a few tournaments and I believe they always wrestled

James and Jason. Wrestled for Pittston Area before Penn State. One was a state champ and the other was a runner up. They were before my time though. I think they graduated in 99 or 00. I wrestled with their younger brother Dave though. Same club team.

James and Jason. Wrestled for Pittston Area before Penn State. One was a state champ and the other was a runner up. They were before my time though. I think they graduated in 99 or 00. I wrestled with their younger brother Dave though. Same club team.

They were great at Freestyle. During their redshirt year Mike Pirozzola and Ryan Bertin were the top 2 recruits in the country and Woodall twins beat them. Bertin went on to win 2 NCAA titles, Pirozzola fizzeled out (I think he had some off the mat issues).

But I don't think the twins ever wrestled a postseason for PSU. But they always did well in the summer

Just looked it up. In 1999, James beat Charlie Brenneman in the state finals. James was a junior and Charlie was a senior. The following year, he ran into Greg Jones in the semis and took 3rd. Jason got Letters in the finals that year and got beat up. I knew they were good but didn't quite know how good.

Looks like James made it to NCAAs one season in 2004 and went 1-2. That's all I can find.

The Paulson twins were to meet in a few tournaments and would always forfeit. I believe they forfeited in the Fargo finals one year.

My senior year of high school, Eddie and Alex Phillips met in the Michigan state finals. They were twins and the parents were divorced i believe, so they went to two different schools and met in the finals and wrestled.

The Paulsons wrestled each other in the finals of the challenge tournament for the WTT in 2010. One of them went on to beat Andrew Howe to make the World Team. Forgot which one.

The Paulsons wrestled each other in the finals of the challenge tournament for the WTT in 2010. One of them went on to beat Andrew Howe to make the World Team. Forgot which one.
You see this new kid that the Paulsons have taken under their wing? Ceron Francisco, a HUGE guy just out of college. Was a high level football player in HS, started wrestling in 12th grade, and went NAIA in College. He just wrestled in Cuba and lost a bronze medal match. His size, youth, coaching, and athletic talent make him an intriguing prospect in my opinion. He's gonna do FS and greco.
ericlundberg32

Sammie Henson out at WBU.

Surprised he didn't have more success there. He always seemed like a very good assistant coach (and a headcase).

Sammie Henson out at WBU.

Surprised he didn't have more success there. He always seemed like a very good assistant coach (and a headcase).
I think he’s the textbook example of the great practice room/technique coach who’s not the admin and recruiter type needed to be a headcoach. The other impression I’ve gotten given how many jobs he’s had and what I’ve heard about him is that he’s almost like the pit bull brought in to shock the practice room culture but he really needs to be reigned in

What is Pac-12? I saw that Zahid Valencia won this title, but what is it? Pacific 12?

Last edited:
Back