Nothing likeable about Joanna J besides her fighting ability

She's never been likable as a person, but after the Karolina fight, I got over it, and started to appreciate her skill.

Rose "uuuummmmmmm" Namajunas, IMHO, is a straight up weirdo. Just as unlikable. That crowd cam footage, everyone else was ailing, and she stared deadpan? Straight up try hard. Who tries hard to be weird?

Joanna will go down as one of the female greats. Rose, I'm still not convinced is anything more than a front runner.

That's a good thing..

Liked for putting on years of fun fights

The two points your bring up may or may not be true, but they are irrelevant to the current topic.

Khalidov is not ethnically Polish nor does he look anything remotely like a typical Pole. He's a Muslim, and he wasn't even born in Poland.
No Pole will look at him and think "him being good means I'm a little better because GENETICS" which is the thought process behind this sort of thing.

About your second point - the discussion is about fighters' fans, not about the success level of said fighters. There are no popular and heavily promoted Polish fighters other than Joanna, and thus all casuals are drawn to her.

P.S. she's not a pleasant person to say the least, and I was happy to see her get knocked the fuck out.
You realize that Khalidov is bigger in Poland than Joanna, right? Where he was born is irrelevant, Overeem wasn't born in the Netherlands and Bisping wasn't born in the UK.

If Khalidov was fighting in UFC, all polish fans would support him, that's what matters. He's a polish russian-born fighter, and a very successful one in any way you wanna look at, he's more famous in Poland than Joanna and he's making more money, also has a more accomplished career, thus far.

I thought we watched MMA to see fighting ability, no?

Who gives a shit except anything other than fighting abilities ?

Oh yes. MMA fans, the lowest, cringiest scum in combat sports.

I don't need a fighter to be likable beyond their fighting ability. I want to watch them fight, not date them and hold hands. Being likable is a bonus but not necessary.

So long as the requisite Sacrifices are made (of self or others), the Church of JUST BLEED finds no fault.

It is what it is man. Not everyone is likable.

She kinda embraces the heel role though so it’s all good.

Please look at the top 5 the supposed best 115pounder Division

Lets not pretend the Rousey era was ages ago, if you are elite at any part of the game you can come far, Rousey beat all she faced in few Minutes until she met a Striker with good TDD. It will take a lot of time before the top 10 is sound everywhere, not saying she will be Champ but its a Division still growing.

Shes only being shit on because she lost. Before that most fans were on her bandwagon, proving how fairweather MMA fans are.

Also when a fighter loses, everything that was good about them is magically spun into a bad thing. She was a bitch to every other opponent before Rose too and nobody had a problem with it, i.e her calling Claudia a little whore and getting in her face, saying she should go back to the jungle. But with Rose she was suddenly a bully and too cocky, in hindsight, only because she lost.

Fairweather fans <{clintugh}>

this. It's disgusting. Her trash talk isn't even that bad. It's rather mild when compared to the men's trash talk but because she is a woman all these cucks feel that they have to white knight Rose because she's cute and adorable. FOH

Why don’t you make a thread about it.

tenor.gif

And even then i'm not that big a fan of her style. She's only entertaining when her opponents just stand there like a deer in headlights

Nothing likeable about Joanna J besides her fighting ability

Good thing her job is fight then

Personally not a fan of hers, but her professionalism is admirable. She makes weight every time even though she fought at 125 her entire Muay Thai and kickboxing career and has a hard time cutting to 115. And unlike many fighters in her position, she actually showed at the post fight press conference and answered questions.

Back