Laura Ingraham boycott incoming

that's a pretty poor score if it was out of 2000.

1600 - they did away with the essay. That should equate to around the 86-87th percentile - pretty good, but he applied to 1 of the best school in the country and they're only going to take about 5k oos kids - and they will all have 1300+ SAT scores.

My twins just got 1290s on the psat which is 1560 possible and are only in the top 10 percent.

If you are blocking reasonable gun control laws then you are part of the problem.

What about people that live in the states that already have a lot of these reasonable gun control laws on the books, but are still under constant attack from Democrats?

I think being reasonable also includes the ability to say, “enough already”, when a lot of what the nation deems reasonable have been met in that state.

You see right here's the 1 issue I have with his original statement. I never said he wasn't an excellent student, although his SAT score says he's top 10-15%. UCLA is just a little above that.

If you look at last years admissions the lowest score on either section of the SAT was a 640. That means that there is a chance that the last kid that was accepted had a 1280, but we both know he probably scored higher on 1 section than the other.

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/campuses/ucla/freshman-profile/

You (and I think he) believe that since he can get up and speak in front of an audience and that he's been through a traumatic experience that it somehow trumps kids putting up 2000 SATs.

FTR- I dislike the kid because I've seen 2 sides to him. The side that does interviews on cable and the side that does interviews for web based shows - while he hides behind 'you can't pick on us we're kids'. I do however wish the kid all the best in college and life.
The problem with this entire thing is WHY are we talking about this kid's university rejections? Why did you write a paragraph about it and then take time to find a link to admission rates?

It has NOTHING to do with the issue Hogg and other students are talking about.
There was no reason for Ingram to bring it up and tweet about it, and there's no reason to talk about it here.
Instead of talking about the actual issue, people in this thread, and other right wingers in the media and at home want to talk about the fit of the kid's suit, conspiracy theories on whether or not he's an actor, and if he was even at school during the shooting, threaten the kid with violence, say he's too young to understand anything, and talk about his university rejections.
It's fake news. It's fucking stupid.
If you have an actual argument on gun legislation then that is what you should be tweeting about.

Lol and wtf
When did I, or he say that he deserves to go to UCLA because he went through a traumatic experience? Nobody fucking said that, nor does any sane person actually believe that. You are creating a narrative in your head and then rolling with it as if it were true.

1600 - they did away with the essay. That should equate to around the 86-87th percentile - pretty good, but he applied to 1 of the best school in the country and they're only going to take about 5k oos kids - and they will all have 1300+ SAT scores.

My twins just got 1290s on the psat which is 1560 possible and are only in the top 10 percent.[/QUOTE

My twins just got 1290s on the psat which is 1560 possible and are only in the top 10 percent.

th

He didn't even say they had blood on their hands - it's funny how you guys frame his statements to be lighter versions of what he said. What he said was the NRA were child murderers. "If you can't get elected without taking money from child murderers, why are you even running?"

BTW- the NRA aren't doing so hot in stopping legislation:

1934-National Firearms Act (NFA)
1938-The Federal Firearms Act (FFA)
1968-Gun Control Act
1986-Firearm Owners Protection Act
1993-Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act
1994-Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act

Uh...yes, he did say it.
"Universal background checks have wide support. It’s just House Speaker Paul Ryan and [Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell will not allow any of these bills to come to the floor. Children are dying as a result. The blood from all these 17 people who are dead now, and all the thousands of others who are dead as a result of gun violence — it’s on their hands and [on] the NRA."
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...rida-shooting-survivor-david-hogg-gun-control

I
guess he said what you quoted as well, but I don't really care to be honest. Perhaps the words are harsh, but the kid is a kid, he just went through a traumatic experience, and he isn't a politician. I don't expect him to speak like a statesman on the topic. And in essence, "blood on your hands" and "child murderers" are the same statement/argument.
The NRA's attempts at blocking gun legislation contributes to the wrong people getting guns, which leads to gun violence. You can hate the way he framed it, but his point is easy to understand.

It's funny that people are getting butthurt about these kids speaking up, as if this shit is their fault. If the "adults" had sensible gun control laws in place then they wouldn't have to rally and speak on this subject.

And i didn't say NO gun laws have ever been passed. I said the NRA fights like hell to block them, which they do. How about you pull up the list of all the things that DIDN'T get passed, or even make it to the voting floor because the NRA paid off some politicians ?

The problem with this entire thing is WHY are we talking about this kid's university rejections? Why did you write a paragraph about it and then take time to find a link to admission rates?

It has NOTHING to do with the issue Hogg and other students are talking about.
There was no reason for Ingram to bring it up and tweet about it, and there's no reason to talk about it here.
Instead of talking about the actual issue, people in this thread, and other right wingers in the media and at home want to talk about the fit of the kid's suit, conspiracy theories on whether or not he's an actor, and if he was even at school during the shooting, threaten the kid with violence, say he's too young to understand anything, and talk about his university rejections.
It's fake news. It's fucking stupid.
If you have an actual argument on gun legislation then that is what you should be tweeting about.

Lol and wtf
When did I, or he say that he deserves to go to UCLA because he went through a traumatic experience? Nobody fucking said that, nor does any sane person actually believe that. You are creating a narrative in your head and then rolling with it as if it were true.

Are you dense? This thread isn't about gun control, it's about her tweet which is why we're talking about his SAT and GPA.

You weren't implying that his 4.2 and articulation made him suitable for UCLA? You didn't get defensive (some might say white knighted him) when I suggested he wasn't UCLA material. It took me all of 1 minute to pull their admissions data - I thought it would help you realize that a 1270 while good, is only marginal at top schools.

As for Ingraham's tweet and people threatening or mocking the kid....well the world is full of assholes; don't know what else to tell you.

What about people that live in the states that already have a lot of these reasonable gun control laws on the books, but are still under constant attack from Democrats?

I think being reasonable also includes the ability to say, “enough already”, when a lot of what the nation deems reasonable have been met in that state.

In what state are the gun laws perfect?

It's a national issue. Why would we talk about individual states?

Uh...yes, he did say it.
"Universal background checks have wide support. It’s just House Speaker Paul Ryan and [Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell will not allow any of these bills to come to the floor. Children are dying as a result. The blood from all these 17 people who are dead now, and all the thousands of others who are dead as a result of gun violence — it’s on their hands and [on] the NRA."
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...rida-shooting-survivor-david-hogg-gun-control

I
guess he said what you quoted as well, but I don't really care to be honest. Perhaps the words are harsh, but the kid is a kid, he just went through a traumatic experience, and he isn't a politician. I don't expect him to speak like a statesman on the topic. And in essence, "blood on your hands" and "child murderers" are the same statement/argument.
The NRA's attempts at blocking gun legislation contributes to the wrong people getting guns, which leads to gun violence. You can hate the way he framed it, but his point is easy to understand.

It's funny that people are getting butthurt about these kids speaking up, as if this shit is their fault. If the "adults" had sensible gun control laws in place then they wouldn't have to rally and speak on this subject.

And i didn't say NO gun laws have ever been passed. I said the NRA fights like hell to block them, which they do. How about you pull up the list of all the things that DIDN'T get passed, or even make it to the voting floor because the NRA paid off some politicians ?

Oddly, I thought we passed some bills to keep people like this kid from getting a gun after Tech. I'm also sure that I read the FBI dropped the ball on this kid.

I'm not a huge gun enthusiasts; I don't have an AR, but every time there is a shooting I see people propose legislation that either wouldn't have stopped the shooter or its rules we already have that weren't followed.

Are you dense? This thread isn't about gun control, it's about her tweet which is why we're talking about his SAT and GPA.

You weren't implying that his 4.2 and articulation made him suitable for UCLA? You didn't get defensive (some might say white knighted him) when I suggested he wasn't UCLA material. It took me all of 1 minute to pull their admissions data - I thought it would help you realize that a 1270 while good, is only marginal at top schools.

As for Ingraham's tweet and people threatening or mocking the kid....well the world is full of assholes; don't know what else to tell you.
<31>
Are YOU dense?
Can you read?
The thread is about Ingram's tweet. I just told you why her tweet was stupid, and why people are upset by it. It's fake news.
This kid's university rejections has nothing to do with the topic of gun control--the kid is in the news because of gun control, not because the nation is curious as to which university he'll be attending. Therefore, her tweeting about UCLA, and talking about admissions is a waste of fucking time. Who cares what school this kid will go to ?
Try to keep up

Yes....im so defensive ..and im white knighting...am i being a butt hurt cuck now as well?
<1>

Oddly, I thought we passed some bills to keep people like this kid from getting a gun after Tech. I'm also sure that I read the FBI dropped the ball on this kid.

I'm not a huge gun enthusiasts; I don't have an AR, but every time there is a shooting I see people propose legislation that either wouldn't have stopped the shooter or its rules we already have that weren't followed.
I haven't lived in the states for like 8 years now, so i don't really have a horse in this race. I think Americans and their love of guns is fucking bizarre, but America is going to America.

Gun laws vary from state to state. I don't ever hear much about big national gun laws being passed.
A lot of people's answer to people's attempts at trying to regulate guns is "its too late/there's nothing to be done/more guns"
That is not a plan.
Some things won't be as effective as others, and there is no magic bullet (pun not intended) to tackle the issue, but there is some baseline shit that all people should agree on.
Just because it won't stop 100% of potential shootings doesn't mean we should do nothing

His best movies were

• Order of the Black Eagle
  • Total Force (an Oleg Taktarov picture)
  • The Road to Freedom: L Ron Hubbard and Friends

This post is pretty sad for someone with a Jay Bauman av

is he coping with tragedy or trying to create his own brand, seems he is more concerned with scripting his future then his dead classmates

As I said, it is fine for adult "journalists" to challenge his arguments, as he is using the killings as an attempt to change policy, but Ingrahm dug her own grave being an asshole.

I'd like to take a moment to appreciate the fact that conservative media (everything ranging from Fox hosts to Youtube loons) is waging war on a 17 year old who survived a mass shooting.

I don't mean this in a way as to say "poor kid" or anything like that, I mean these conservatives see in a 17 year old a political threat.

Really guys, take a step back and let that sink in for a bit.

I'd like to take a moment to appreciate the fact that conservative media (everything ranging from Fox hosts to Youtube loons) is waging war on a 17 year old who survived a mass shooting.

I don't mean this in a way as to say "poor kid" or anything like that, I mean these conservatives see in a 17 year old a political threat.

Really guys, take a step back and let that sink in for a bit.

I think it's more the fact that this kid could influence future policy what with his tens of thousands of adult supporters.

Back