A Quiet Place (2018 Horror)

If you’ve seen it, how did you rate it?

• Total voters
Horror has jumped the shark for me

I think it might be low T

Haven't heard of this movie, i probably wouldn't watch it anyway.

Seeing this next Sunday, hopefully.

Apparently Jim Halpert has some serious directing chops.

tenor.gif

But for real, dude is really talented.

Real life husband and wife playing husband and wife. I think I will give it a gander.

Does Blunt get naked? I’d see it anyways if she didn’t, but it’d be a nice bonus.

8.5/10

No spoilers:

Not an easy premise to pull off, but damn did they do it. The cast just killed it. Krasinski was much better than I expected, Blunt was amazing, and even the kids were good.

The suspense meter is set at 11 early on, and doesn't drop much throughout the movie. This isn't your typical "horror" film. It's more like a slow paced suspense thriller that just places you in each scene.

This movie will definitely be nitpicked. They don't spell out everything for you, and I know some people hate that. I even had a few questions myself, but them being unanswered didn't really hurt the movie for me.

There's a couple of down/slow moments, but you kind of need the break tbh. What really keeps this movie from being a straight up 10/10 (or very close to it) is the last 5 minutes. Not a terrible ending, but it just felt off to me.

Fair warning: If you hate subtitles this movie isn't for you.

Krasinski went all in with this one -- even seeking out a legitimate deaf actress to play the daughter and ASL lessons for the cast.

Just got back from this to find out conor made the ufc even more of a b-level organization.

Anyhow, one of the best horror/suspense movies I've seen in ages.

It hits you right from the beginning. Definitely did not expect it to go from 30mph to 100mph that quick.

Only gripe was the ending

a little too much like Signs ending (the water that kills the aliens) and Emily Blunt's last action was a bit too cheesy imo.

8/10.

Last edited:
hahaha. The funniest part of a very funny scene.

I was dying the first time I watched that in 08. Still stands out to me as one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen on that show (never watched after Carrell left).

I don't know why, the show changed but it was done well. The writing was still great and in my opinion the emotional connection with the characters really grew stronger. I only feel they did Andy dirty because Ed started doing the Hangover but the series finale still gets me during my bi-yearly binge of the series.

On topic I'm going to catch this tomorrow and I'm really excited. Directing and starting in a horror is really impressive and I dig the premise.

Came out yesterday and saw it with the wife. Absolutely fun and suspenseful. I was in a packed theater and it was dead silent. The first 10 mins of the movie absolutely kill it and setup the film the rest of the way.

I Never heard a crowd scream so loud. Dudes were saying "wtf!?" to try and save face lol.

Picture insets
thumbnail_27123.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Trailer for the Movie:

For those of you that saw it, what were you're thoughts? Yay or Nay?

For those who didn't see it and don't want this spoiled, I just wanna ask a few questions then jump out.

Did the movie flow well? No lulls, super slow spots in the suspense?

Was the ending good? I have seen movies that keep you on the edge the entire time, then the reveal/end is just absolute SHIT and pisses me off....

For those who didn't see it and don't want this spoiled, I just wanna ask a few questions then jump out.

Did the movie flow well? No lulls, super slow spots in the suspense?

Was the ending good? I have seen movies that keep you on the edge the entire time, then the reveal/end is just absolute SHIT and pisses me off....
The pace is good. Once it kicks off you are never given a moment of comfort really. The use of noise and noise suppression is a crucial and key element all throughout the movie.

The ending depending on you're take can either be badass or not. Personally the Marine in me was like, "Hell yeah! Get Some!" but it's not quite as obvious as you may think.

The world view or point of view in this movie is small. So there's no one coming to the rescue.

Just a heads up: try to see this when you know there won't be much of a crowd. I think seeing this in a packed theater provides a huge risk of hurting the overall viewing experience. It might not seem like a big deal, but trust me on this.

Back