Khabib is PROOF that Good Weight Cutting is just Genetics and should be banned or Regulated!

Walk around weight doesn't matter bro.

Now cutting weight does.......and although I would like his weight numbers before he cuts water weight....I seen him and compared him to other LWs....Khabib isn't super huge, dude is an average size lightweight.

Conor.....uhhh dude, he is a solid 170-180lbs when he cuts to 155...........I saw the documentary Notorious last weekend...He cut from 165lbs to 145lbs, keep in mind thats when they showed the scale, I believe he was cutting before that so he might of been a little bit bigger

No way in fucking hell, he gained 3lbs to fight in fucking LW lol, just look at his body, he is way bigger than his LW days.....Yes he weight in at 168lbs, but plenty of fighters have underweighted, that doesn't mean shit, just means they fucked up and cut more....or in Conor's case, I believe he cut more as an excuse so people would think he is smaller than what he is.

I can't see him being bigger than 175lbs during his time at LW. Khabib cuts from 187! That's a 12 pound difference.

So it's genetic but in a different way to how speed, size, power, natural ability, intelligence is thus it is unfair?

Lol a ton of things in sport are genetics. This is silly.

just because there are, doesnt mean its the right thing to do

sheep minded thinking

imo USADA is number one bullshit

i think you mean anarchist lol

Was talking about the other guy

Khabib weighs around 190 in the off-season and probably around 175-180 before the weight cut. That's a big cut, no matter how you put it. I don't believe every LW cuts 25 pounds of water weight.

According to Khabib's nutritionist he weighed 4 pounds over a day before the weighins for his last fight and hadnt even started cutting water weight yet. That is not a big cut.

Actually Khabib weighed 187 before this cut according to his father.

He usually weighs around that before he starts cutting.

Conor McGregor walks around 170-175.

They both cut a huge amount of weight to compete in their respective divisions and should both move up a weight class.

You are getting confused between cutting and water weight cutting.

Im sure Khabib stops eating shitty food and gets his fat percentage lower.....However the water weight cutting is what fucks over a fighter the most.

Khabib probably starts cutting water weight from 170-180lbs like any other LightWeight.

As for Conor, he weight 165 lbs when he cut weight to FeatherWeight...He is way bigger at LW...Dude is 173-180lbs, most likely.

Khabib is a shitty weight cutter...and it's not because he is fucking huge, or he is not disciplined, he is a typical lightweight size, yet he can't cut...........It's gotta be genetic.

Then you have guys like Conor, who can cut massive amounts weight and they aren't affected as much.....and Conor cuts way the fuck more than khabib.

Sorry but weight cutting is literally killing the sport....How many fights have been canceled? How many fights have been shit because the weight cutting made the fighters worse? Sorry but it has happened too many times.

Weight Cutting has nothing to do with fighting skill...If some guy could cut 40lbs of weight and not be affected, yet have a huge massive size advantage over a manlet.....Can we really say, he is the best fighter in that division, just because he has good genetics for weight cutting?

Sorry but we either need ONEFC weight cutting regulation or ban it all together by other methods.

It's the dumbest fucking shit in sports.

Delete all of this bullshit, and improve the post:

540267.jpg

187? Dang. That's even more than I envisioned..

32 pounds.. that's a huge cut. It's funny because he has the genetics to not carry a ton of body fat. If he had the physique of Johnny Hendricks/Kelvin Gastelum the amount of hate he would get would be much greater..
khabib-nurmagomedov-of-russia-reacts-against-michael-johnson-of-the-picture-id622885310

khabib-nurmagomedov-of-russia-looks-on-against-michael-johnson-of-the-picture-id622880234

That is not true at all...Khabib has always carried a decent amount of fat...he is no way near shredded as Conor or Prime GSP.

Anyways fat isn't the problem here....Water Weight cutting is, although I do believe is harder to cut wter weight with fat on.....and healthy amount of fat is genetic, so it does play a role in cutting water weight.

BTW, No way in fucking hell, he cuts 32 lbs of water weight.....His dad said he cuts from 187 lbs, which means he cuts fat percentage to about 170-180lbs like your typical lightweight, then cuts water weight.

Unless Conor and Khabib cut weight in exactly the same way how the hell do you know it genetic and not Conor being far more disciplined when cutting.

It's a stupid argument.

Pretty sure those 187/184 cited weights for Khabib is the weight he started cutting via diet. I am pretty sure he isn't going to go from there via cutting water. 6 days before the fight he said he was below 170 the cut went the same way it went for the Barboza fight from what he said. Too much speculation here right now about this weight thing. Cutting weight via diet is not a big deal, it doesn't hurt the body. The big issue are huge water weight cuts that, from what we know, Khabib doesn't do for this fight.

Weight cutting needs to be changed, but to use genetics as an excuse is silly. Dieting down and cutting weight is the same for people with slight differences, the bigger issue is that some cut much bigger amounts. A change towards a system as used in ONE would help, but fighters are at fault too for these huge cuts because they elect to walk around much bigger than their fight weight.

That isn't a problem solved.

Some guys are not that big to move up....They will be undersized....but since they suck at cutting weight because of genetics, they can't fight at their thru size.

Khabib is straight up a LW...Dude is way too small for WW.

So no, moving up and seeing them get destroyed by larger opponents because they genetically suck at losing weight, is not the solution.

Well everything is genetics

Some ppl have genetic advantages over others

Should we also have special rules for those with short reach or those not strong nuff for their weight class?

At least with weight you can actually change n move up n down n not be stuck at the same your entire life like you would be with reach, height n athleticism

If khabib feels he’s better suited for lw, but has trouble making weight, he should try actually losing few pounds n make his cuts easier or if he can’t lose that weight than move up

just because there are, doesnt mean its the right thing to do

sheep minded thinking

imo USADA is number one bullshit

i think you mean anarchist lol
Alright ban weight cutting, weight classes, and USADA.

Tank Abbott: I didn't say I need this many line items of this or this many line items of this. I was just ready to fight. I don't cut weight like a wimp.

Here's the source.

Timestamped.

Khabib cuts a HUGE amount of weight to make 155.

Bro..............He is talking about walk around weight....Losing fat percentage.

You seem to be implying, that he is cutting water weight from 187lbs.

Khabib cuts water weight from 170lbs-180lbs...which is normal for Lightweights.

BTW see the video...11days away and he is on 169.5lbs.....That seems very healthy.

DJ should have to fight in slow motion too it's unfair he's able to move that fast, his genetics give him an advantage over everyone he fights

Francis should be banned from lifting weights too he needs to get weaker. His genetics give him a big strength advantage and it's unfair

And let's not even get into Brock Lesnar. It makes me cry to even think about these favorable genetics!

khabib-nurmagomedov-of-russia-reacts-against-michael-johnson-of-the-picture-id622885310

khabib-nurmagomedov-of-russia-looks-on-against-michael-johnson-of-the-picture-id622880234

That is not true at all...Khabib has always carried a decent amount of fat...he is no way near shredded as Conor or Prime GSP.

Anyways fat isn't the problem here....Water Weight cutting is, although I do believe is harder to cut wter weight with fat on.....and healthy amount of fat is genetic, so it does play a role in cutting water weight.

BTW, No way in fucking hell, he cuts 32 lbs of water weight.....His dad said he cuts from 187 lbs, which means he cuts fat percentage to about 170-180lbs like your typical lightweight, then cuts water weight.
GSP walks around the same weight as Khabib in the off season except he competes at 170. Hell Khabib might even walk around a 5 lbs heavier than GSP in the off season.

He cuts a huge amount of weight. Conor also cuts a huge amount.

I never said he was cutting 32 pounds of water weight. That's impossible.

DJ should have to fight in slow motion too it's unfair he's able to move that fast, his genetics give him an advantage over everyone he fights

Francis should be banned from lifting weights too he needs to get weaker. His genetics give him a big strength advantage and it's unfair
Except that actually has to do with fighting...If you get into a fight in the streets, speed/strength/power/etc matter.

Having to cut weight before a fight, it's unnatural and stupid as fuck...It has nothing to do with fighting.

So it's genetic but in a different way to how speed, size, power, natural ability, intelligence is thus it is unfair?
Because cutting weight has nothing to do with fucking fighting...How dumb are you people? I can see that you lack the Intelligence genetics.

Speed,Size,Power,natural ability, Fight IQ...All have to do with fighting, meaning if you get into a fight right now, those factors will matter.

However cutting weight has nothing to do with fighting...nothing at all....If you get into a fight, you never cut weight before the fight.

Back