Lit my backyard grill and 2 rats ran out of it

HatchetHarry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I turned on the propane then ignited the grill and 2 giant rats ran out of it. I was about to grill a flap steak seasoned with Argentinian steak rub from Williams & Sonoma.

I guess it’s a common problem in a lot of areas. I knew I had rabbits in the backyard but rats? I’m calling a damn exterminator and throwing away the grill. Going to buy a new one to keep in the garage and grill on the driveway.

I ended up cooking the steak in a cast iron skillet and slicing it up to make tacos with black beans, cojita cheese, and this chipotle street taco sauce I get. Tacos were gangster as hell

Last edited:
You will have that from time to time. I keep mice traps in my grill and hot tub during the cold months. Hang in there, brother; we are all in this together.

Did you kill the vermin?

Don't be so dramatic, Turn it on high and let everything burn off you will be fine

Could be worse, some dude I know had a python living in his grill lol

I turned on the propane then ignited the grill and 2 giant rats ran out of it. I was about to grill a flap steak seasoned with Argentinian steak rub from Williams & Sonoma.

I guess it’s a common problem in a lot of areas. I knew I had rabbits in the backyard but rats? I’m calling a damn exterminator and throwing away the grill. Going to buy a new one to keep in the garage and grill on the driveway.

I ended up cooking the steak in a cast iron skillet and slicing it up to make tacos with black beans, cojita cheese, and this chipotle street taco sauce I get. Tacos were gangster as hell

Why’s the grill not in the garage? What kind of bush league operation are you running here TS??

Dude - Check out Mousetrap Mondays on YouTube. Hours and hours of fun.

Score!! Rat meat is always best on the grill.

How big are the holes in your grill that a big rat can get in it? Get some 1/4" hardware cloth to put on or in the bottom.
everbilt-hardware-cloth-fencing-308212eb-64_1000.jpg

Thread title made me LOL.

Also, the rats would get to your grill even if you kept it in the garage. Just accept your fate.

Never had a rodent run out but I've lit the grill after a long winter and caused a mass exodus of insects.

I would have continued grilling and ate those steaks. The heat from the grill would have destroyed any contaminates from the rats.

Back