Sambo thread!

5x Sambo World Champion Marina Moxnatkina in her latest MMA fight.
<yt>)
She needs to work a lot on her striking, but with her grappling, she's smashing all her opponents quite easily.
I wonder if the UFC will eventually sign her.

I was quite surprised to see her pull guard too, she won't get away with that against any good grappler though. Her opponent literally did nothing/didn't know what to do from top position.

Edit: She didn't initially pull guard, she tried a very slow leg scissor leg tangle. It was a nice win, but I can't pretend like her opponent knew what to do lol.

Sambo is so exciting

Should be far more popular than it as.
Go to Russia, or any ex-soviet republic and you will find several sambo schools in each city. It is quite cheap to train, too. Even to buy equipment (jacket, shorts and shoes) are really cheap. I buy kurtka for almost $50 (3500 rubles).

You will also see good sambo fighters :p I don't know how sambo is in the uk, but I have watched few matches from UK championships - it was interesting.

Go to Russia, or any ex-soviet republic and you will find several sambo schools in each city. It is quite cheap to train, too. Even to buy equipment (jacket, shorts and shoes) are really cheap. I buy kurtka for almost $50 (3500 rubles).

You will also see good sambo fighters :p I don't know how sambo is in the uk, but I have watched few matches from UK championships - it was interesting.
Privet...me again XD
Which countries would you recomend specially ?
5x Sambo World Champion Marina Moxnatkina in her latest MMA fight.
<yt>)
She needs to work a lot on her striking, but with her grappling, she's smashing all her opponents quite easily.
I wonder if the UFC will eventually sign her.

Hope to see her there.

Privet...me again XD
Which countries would you recomend specially ?

Hope to see her there.
Hello,

Well.. Russia of course. Georgia, Ukraine and Belarus also tend to get good medals in the worlds/european championships. So there. maybe Azerbaijan, too. But they like more of Judo.

Hello,

Well.. Russia of course. Georgia, Ukraine and Belarus also tend to get good medals in the worlds/european championships. So there. maybe Azerbaijan, too. But they like more of Judo.
Thank´s , Georgia and Russia I plan to visit but didn´t know Belarus was a good choice too.
I am a judo guy so wouldn´t mind Azerbaiján but plan go light and maybe buy a kurtka to return.

As for going to train at any of the former USSR countries, it is quite the experience.
My best advice, regardless of your technical level or experience, is to get your conditioning and physical shape up over 9000 levels.
In most of those places, even the "recreational" guys train almost every day, so if you are not in shape, you will not get the best out of the training, let alone enjoy it (or make it through it).
As for cost/benefit, Ukraine is amazing. Great athletes, coaches, installations and prices (on everything) are much cheaper than Russia, particularly Moscow or St. Petersburg.
Belarus is also a great option and they have many world championship.
Also, Bulgaria can be an option for combat Sambo.

As for going to train at any of the former USSR countries, it is quite the experience.
My best advice, regardless of your technical level or experience, is to get your conditioning and physical shape up over 9000 levels.
In most of those places, even the "recreational" guys train almost every day, so if you are not in shape, you will not get the best out of the training, let alone enjoy it (or make it through it).
As for cost/benefit, Ukraine is amazing. Great athletes, coaches, installations and prices (on everything) are much cheaper than Russia, particularly Moscow or St. Petersburg.
Belarus is also a great option and they have many world championship.
Also, Bulgaria can be an option for combat Sambo.
Gracias...yeah well , I am doing kettlebell stuff almost everyday , I know besides technical level those guys are super conditioned and I was such a fool for forgetting Bulgaria.

Gracias...yeah well , I am doing kettlebell stuff almost everyday , I know besides technical level those guys are super conditioned and I was such a fool for forgetting Bulgaria.
I think you will need more than just KBs ;)
And yes, how dare you forgetting!
LOL

I think you will need more than just KBs ;)
And yes, how dare you forgetting!
LOL
Yeah well I do sprints too but sadly here only soccer is popular and judo well, January and February club is closed.
Yeah sorry for forgetting you place haha

I am a noob when it comes to grappling sports, but started to become more interested now (used to be my least favourite aspect of MMA, I come from a boxing background and always been more interested in striking arts). Sambo, and combat sambo in particular, seems awesome!

I am a noob when it comes to grappling sports, but started to become more interested now (used to be my least favourite aspect of MMA, I come from a boxing background and always been more interested in striking arts). Sambo, and combat sambo in particular, seems awesome!

Dont you play rugby? That is a team grappling sport. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Dont you play rugby? That is a team grappling sport. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
That new FW UFC buzzsaw Alexander Volkanovski credits rugby for a lot of his takedown skills. Although he wrestled as well.

There´s some crossover, one of my judo mtes is an ex rugbier and while it took time to get the technique his strength is useful. He still has some problems with posture though.

There´s some crossover, one of my judo mtes is an ex rugbier and while it took time to get the technique his strength is useful. He still has some problems with posture though.

The rugby, and American football guys probably be better in a non jacket wrestling style.

Back