Has anyone seen the horror movie "Hellraiser: Judgement"(2018)?

Ace of Spade

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm thinking about watching this movie tonight. Has anybody seen Hellraiser Judgement... what did you think about it?

It's slightly better than the previous 3 or 4 installments.
Less gore, more disgusting vibe to it. Introduced new characters that might be recurring, that could be sort of interesting for fans of the franchise.

Storyline is still lukewarm.

EDIT:
Forgot to add this.
If first 3 films were 7/10 with the others being 3/10 on average. This is probably 4/10.

EDIT:
Forgot to add this.
If first 3 films were 7/10 with the others being 3/10 on average. This is probably 4/10.

I would rate the first three Hellraiser movies....

Hellraiser 1 - 7.8/10 Classic.

Hellraiser 2 - 8.5/10 The Best!

Hellraiser 3 - 5.5/10 The beginning of a downward spiral.

I agree with your ratings.

Judgement introduced some new elements but is largely the same for the last few films. I personally would call it a soft-reboot. If the sales does well, I see it picking up from where this one left of.

I love the first Hellraiser. I've always meant to binge watch all the sequels but from what I've heard

Hellraiser_GIF-source.gif

It's slightly better than the previous 3 or 4 installments.
Less gore, more disgusting vibe to it. Introduced new characters that might be recurring, that could be sort of interesting for fans of the franchise.

Storyline is still lukewarm.

Yeah... a lot of reviewers have said the same thing. I'm hearing that this one is a ok re-boot that introduces some new cool characters but it's not a masterpiece but it is better than the last 3 or 4 Hellraiser movies.

I think I'll give it a watch.

If you know anything about me, you know I love the horror.

But I didn't even know that this movie was being released.

Can't bode well for this movie.

When I think of the first two Hellraiser movies... they're kind of like the first two Alien movies. The first movie(Alien, Hellraiser) was a classic but the sequel(Aliens, Hellraiser 2) cranked everything up a couple notches and took things to a whole other level. It's rare that a sequel is better than the first movie but IMO both of these sequels were better than the original.

I like Hellbound more than Hellraiser, too. I feel like I shouldn't though. The Cenobites are more like anti-heros than demons.

Still, great film.

I've been meaning to check that one out.

I'm a big fan of Hellraiser 1 & 2.

MMM im liking your rating bro. 2 is by far the best

When these Hellraiser movies are done right... it can be some real creepy shit!

I'll tell you this... If I went down in my basement and had to run into one of the Horror movie legends... Pinhead would be the last guy I would want to run into. Give me Freddy or Jason any day over Pinhead. Pinhead is like Evil 5.0 on steroids. Pinheads evil fuckery is on a whole other level. LOL

I’ve never seen any of them. Is there any benefit to watching them in sequence?

When these Hellraiser movies are done right... it can be some real creepy shit!

I'll tell you this... If I went down in my basement and had to run into one of the Horror movie legends... Pinhead would be the last guy I would want to run into. Give me Freddy or Jason any day over Pinhead. Pinhead is like Evil 5.0 on steroids. Pinheads evil fuckery is on a whole other level. LOL

There's no point in running. No point in fighting. Begging, crying, and praying will only give them joy. There is no hope, no strategy that can help you win. If you see those fuckers that's it, game over. That's some downright terrifying shit right there.

My chick made me watch it a couple of weeks ago. She's a big fan of the series and has a pinhead tattoo.

5/10.

If you're a fan of the series then you will see it no matter what, if you have only seen 1 or 2 don't even bother.

Was just thinking of hellraiser. Nothing will ever compare to the first two sadly.

Back