Best martial arts movies

UpInThis

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Recommend me some good martial arts movies. I don't care if it's a fictional movie or a movie based on a true story, it just has to be entertaining. Boxing, MMA, street fighting, even kungfu, whatever as long as the movie is actually good. Some examples of movies I like:

Creed, Rocky 1 & 6, Blood and Bone, Undisputed 2 and 3, Warrior, Southpaw, Ali, etc.

Please elaborate on your choices.

Sadly, most combat movies got terrible acting and boring stories, even the non-Asian ones. But there are a few gems among them.

Karate Kid

Mr. Miyagi is the best coach/sensei/master ever.

BestOfTheBest1989.jpg

Mayberry is that way.

That said, Kung Fury and The RAID Redemption.

Warrior with Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton was pretty good.

Heard Redbelt was good too.

*edit* whoops didn't read your list first*

Wrong section.

However American Ninja series is a good popcorn,non thinking movie.
MV5BNjcxMzc5ZWQtN2Y2OS00NGNiLWE4MDYtMzAyYWJkN2YyODliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Damn near anything Jackie Chan did right up to the Protector, most Shaw Brothers movies, Sonny Chiba Street Fighter series, Dragon From Russia, any Wu Tang/Shaolin movies, fuck there are too many to mention. Anything with Drunken or Monkey in the title, Shogun Assassin, any Zatoichi or Snow movies, shit is almost infinite

Couple of decent boxing movies, Split Decision, Homeboy, Midnight Sting, Price Of Glory

Best of the Best

Vision Quest (karate kid of wrestling movies)

Shootfighter - Underrated gem with Martin Kove, William Zabka and Bolo Young.

If you like those movies listed in the OP you'd probably like Ong Bak.

My favourite modern martial arts film is without a doubt The Raid.

But just start watching...
maxresdefault.jpg

Back