Joshua is offering Wilder a flat fee of $12.5M

Why do you think a guy who earns 2.5 million a fight should get 20 million? Just becasue he's fighting Joshua? I agree he should be recompensated well. But still. Deontay made that bed. And now he's got to lie in it. Lol.

Man would have to be a compete idiot to take a purse 5 times higher than his usual?

Whoa..

Yea, entitlement.

its all posturing at the moment before the negotiations. wilders team are trying to force Hearn/Joshua to give a larger share by claiming hes ducking. Hearn is not going to just fold at this so is advising that Joshua can fight other guys and make an obscene sum of money, which he can. and the muggy fans of each fighter are just going to believe what the respective team say. its laughable and fairly obvious what is going on, just like the parker fight. Both clearly want the fight, and people claiming either is ducking each other are embarrassing themselves or are clueless

Wilder can fight all of them too.....Not sure why you think only AJ can fight them lol.

Because they both share the same small pool of opponents and like what happened with Parker (Wilder and Joshua both wanted that fight) Joshua got the nod because everyone would rather fight Joshua as he offers more money.

The only decent fights on the table are Whyte, Povetkin and eventually Fury.

Joshua could steal any of these match ups from Deontay and I believe bar the Whyte fight (Hearn wants him to fight Deontay) he will.

Wilder could be waiting over a year for a decent fight, everyone who's about anything in the HW div is all waiting on Joshua.

If Wilder as his ego demands, wants this situation to change then he needs to buckle up, take the fight, take the belts, take control of the division and get handsomely paid in a rematch.

........... I think he gains a hell of a lot by winning this fight hence why I'm saying he should focus on the bigger picture.

Last edited:
Because they both share the same small pool of opponents and like what happened with Parker (Wilder and Joshua both wanted that fight) Joshua got the nod because everyone would rather fight Joshua as he offers more money.

The only decent fights on the table are Whyte, Povetkin and eventually Fury.

Joshua could steal any of these match ups from Deontay and I believe bar the Whyte fight (Hearn wants him to fight Deontay) he will.

Wilder could be waiting over a year for a decent fight, everyone who's about anything in the HW div is all waiting on Joshua.

If Wilder as his ego demands, wants this situation to change then he needs to buckle up, take the fight, take the belts, take control of the division and get handsomely paid in a rematch.

........... I think he gains a hell of a lot by winning this fight hence why I'm saying he should focus on the bigger picture.
You realize AJ can only fight one person at a time right.......

Hes not going to hold up the entire division from fighting Wilder. Youre really reaching now.

If this does fall through then Hearn has the opportunity to make Joshua vs Povetkin and Pulev vs Whyte.

Now those are 4 of the currently highest ranked guys potentially on match room cards.

And he gets to tell everybody that Wilder turned down not 1 but 2 offers higher than he usually makes.

If this does fall through then Hearn has the opportunity to make Joshua vs Povetkin and Pulev vs Whyte.

Now those are 4 of the currently highest ranked guys potentially on match room cards.

And he gets to tell everybody that Wilder turned down not 1 but 2 offers higher than he usually makes.
Except people are already calling Hearn on his lowballs.

Some of you are legitimately delusional.

Except people are already calling Hearn on his lowballs.

Some of you are legitimately delusional.

What did I say that’s not true, I didn’t say he should I said he could.

What did I say that’s not true, I didn’t say he should I said he could.
Hearn isnt going to look good or make Wilder look bad by lowballing him. All it will look like is that they dont want to fight Wilder.

Hearn isnt going to look good or make Wilder look bad by lowballing him. All it will look like is that they dont want to fight Wilder.

And how would it look if Wilder then fought Breazeale or someone for a couple of million, the offer won’t look so low ball then.

I agree the offer is shit and have already said that, just saying potential scenarios, don’t want them to happen.

And how would it look if Wilder then fought Breazeale or someone for a couple of million, the offer won’t look so low ball then.

I agree the offer is shit and have already said that, just saying potential scenarios, don’t want them to happen.

I mean, people who are already dug in with Joshua and Hearn's side will think that. It's clear that it's a shitty offer, though. You can't have a 65/35 split with Parker and then demand that Wilder take considerably less than that.

I mean, people who are already dug in with Joshua and Hearn's side will think that. It's clear that it's a shitty offer, though. You can't have a 65/35 split with Parker and then demand that Wilder take considerably less than that.

I know it’s shit, I wouldn’t take it if I was Wilder.

AJ's gonna get paid like crazy whatever extra millions it will take him to get Deontay to sign, it probably won't affect his bottom line too much at the end of the day. Just saying, 12.5 is a lot but how much is the A side making in this?

As mentioned it's a GGG/Canelo type offer. Hopefully it's a starting point and they work through it to get to a real deal.

Yes it would, because Breazeale is not AJ.

Its the same as Wilders 50%. Shitty offers.

Theyll get it done.

You realize AJ can only fight one person at a time right.......

Hes not going to hold up the entire division from fighting Wilder. Youre really reaching now.

I'm not saying Wilder can't get a fight ........... I'm saying he can't get a fight that matters, he could fight Whyte if Joshua passes on him but what will that do? slightly better pay day and that's it.

Fury is the only mega fight outside of Joshua and who do you think Fury will choose? he's already speaking Joshua's name, that one is a dead cert and Povetkin will be the guy Joshua chooses if not Wilder so he's off the cards as well.

As i said, Wilder will be lucky to get a meaningful fight for over a year if he passes on Joshua.

If you feel that's not right, name me the worthwhile opponents Wilder can go for not on Joshua's hit list?

These are the reports.

For a fight where the purse will be $100M, that's less than 20%. Wilder certainly deserves more than that.
This isn't drawing 100M.

12.5M is a very good deal. Wilder needs to take it after all the crying he has been doing recently.

i get what you're all saying and wilder should get a higher percentage...

but the other part of me is thinking god damn, 12M! i mean that's the kind of money you can retire off immediately, and he's still a relatively young guy who will be knocking fools out after this fight, no matter how it goes.

again, i get that he's being lowballed here. it's bullshit. but if someone offered me 12M i wouldn't actually bitch about it.

Joshua is the A side.

Wilder is the B side.

Joshua draws around 30/40 times what Wilder does.

Joshua deserves at least a 75-25 split. Being extremely generous.

Wilder will hype this fight more in a PR sense compared to AJ. I'd even say, interest in this fight is more due to Wilder.

I'm not even a fan of trash talk or hyping a fight etc. But AJ outside the ring is mundane.

In the UK Joshua is a superstar, people like Joshuas personality. They turn up just to hear him speak. He's hyping the fight in his own way.

I'm not saying Wilder can't get a fight ........... I'm saying he can't get a fight that matters, he could fight Whyte if Joshua passes on him but what will that do? slightly better pay day and that's it.

Fury is the only mega fight outside of Joshua and who do you think Fury will choose? he's already speaking Joshua's name, that one is a dead cert and Povetkin will be the guy Joshua chooses if not Wilder so he's off the cards as well.

As i said, Wilder will be lucky to get a meaningful fight for over a year if he passes on Joshua.

If you feel that's not right, name me the worthwhile opponents Wilder can go for not on Joshua's hit list?
Youre completely full of shit lol. He can fight whoever isnt fighting Joshua. All of which are meaningful fights.

AJ fans have become the worst group in the sport overnight.

Joshua ducking the wild man

EDIT: Ducking may actually be a good thing, that's the only way Joshua can hype a fight

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back