SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 102 movie! BATTLE ROYALE EDITION!!!

Sherdog Movie Club Week 101 - BATTLE ROYALE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really enjoyed that film back in the day.

Yea that's one of those movies probably even @europe1 hasn't seen. The kiss scene fucked people up. This was still 1982 and back then things were, less accepting than they are today.

Sweeet I haven't seen this movie since I was young I don't even remember it.

A bit of the old ultra-violence... sick is pleased.

Yea that's one of those movies probably even @europe1 hasn't seen. The kiss scene fucked people up. This was still 1982 and back then things were, less accepting than they are today.

Yeah, that wasn't my favorite part. lol. It had great acting and packed a couple surprises. One of those movies that feels like they filmed a play.

Sorry but the only way into this club is to be jumped in.

giphy.gif

Dude, Macho Man hit him with five of those elbows that match and still lost. I marked out as a kid watching that.

Dude, Macho Man hit him with five of those elbows that match and still lost. I marked out as a kid watching that.

Wrestlemania VII

I can't remember how exactly, but somehow as a kid I ended up with a copy of the event on VHS. Watched it many times.

It also featured Undertaker's debut and Hogan vs Sgt. Slaughter.

Good times.

Also, I know I’m behind on Grand Budapest Hotel, but I’ll try to get caught up soon.

I swear it’s not because some tyrant took over the club. The same tyrant who tried to convince me that Plan 9 From Outer Space is watchable and hates documentaries. No.
I’ve just been too busy to participate as much as I’d like to.

“Let me haunt you with these words: I’ll be back, I’ll be back, to be interpreted as bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, ugh! Yours in movies, Mr. Muntjac.”

Wrestlemania VII

I can't remember how exactly, but somehow as a kid I ended up with a copy of the event on VHS. Watched it many times.

It also featured Undertaker's debut and Hogan vs Sgt. Slaughter.

Good times.

Man, Anti-American Slaughter was easy to hate. The balls that guy had to turn the character heel in the manner he did. Today, it would be like whoever the patriotic character is today defecting and aligning with the ISIS heels. Fucking Rustlemania would be running wild.

Today, it would be like whoever the patriotic character is today defecting and aligning with the ISIS heels.

They really should try this in the WWE today. I'd love to see the reaction.

I do vaguely remember that some fans got genuinely very angry about Slaughter back in the day.

They really should try this in the WWE today. I'd love to see the reaction.

I do vaguely remember that some fans got genuinely very angry about Slaughter back in the day.

I think they did try the whole ISIS bad guy type gimmick a few years ago, and it went over like a fart in church.

The Swedish school system has 12 years to try and fix my dyslexia and they were powerless to do so. It was the Couture vs James Toney of dislexia-fixing. You're petty assistance won't save the english language from being raped by my spelling.

English makes no sense. No need to explain! I say weird words w a Spanish accent so I can spell them correctly (I just rolled my rs!)

I really enjoyed this movie. It has been on my radar to watch for a while, but I had never got around to it. I loved the way it was filmed. I appreciated the thoughtfulness and exactitude that went into every shot. I enjoyed the kitchy nature of the train going up the mountain. I recognized the Charlie Chaplinesk quality of the movement in some of the scenes. I appreciated that it addressed very serious societal topics in a humorous, almost self deprecating way. It was complex but not violent to the soul. And I appreciate that. A Clockwork Naranja will prolly poke at my heart a heck of a lot more. To be honest, this resonates of Latinamerican magical realism to me. You have reality mixed with tremendous suspension of disbelief... not truly magical realism, but non the less surreal fun absurdity.

I really enjoyed this movie. It has been on my radar to watch for a while, but I had never got around to it. I loved the way it was filmed. I appreciated the thoughtfulness and exactitude that went into every shot. I enjoyed the kitchy nature of the train going up the mountain. I recognized the Charlie Chaplinesk quality of the movement in some of the scenes. I appreciated that it addressed very serious societal topics in a humorous, almost self deprecating way. It was complex but not violent to the soul. And I appreciate that. A Clockwork Naranja will prolly poke at my heart a heck of a lot more. To be honest, this resonates of Latinamerican magical realism to me. You have reality mixed with tremendous suspension of disbelief... not truly magical realism, but non the less surreal fun absurdity.

I think you meant to put this in here. . .

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...-discussion-the-grand-budapest-hotel.3746837/

@europe1 - so as a new member I was just wondering if there is a Europe? Having a European background myself, I am just fascinated by the rankings...

Sweeet I haven't seen this movie since I was young I don't even remember it.

You saw Clockwork Orange when you were a kid?

That must have left some scars.

“Let me haunt you with these words: I’ll be back, I’ll be back, to be interpreted as bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, ugh! Yours in movies, Mr. Muntjac.”

HOLY SHIT I JUST REALIZED MUNTJAC IS A DEER!

This is now my mental image of what Muntjac looks like.

285051.jpg

Who here has never seen A Clockwork Orange? I know @shadow_priest_x said he'd only seen parts.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has ever read the book.

*raises hand*

Or seen the Spanish knock-off Clockwork Terror

*raises hand*

@europe1 - so as a new member I was just wondering if there is a Europe? Having a European background myself, I am just fascinated by the rankings...

you mean the "1" in front of my name?

I think when I joined there already was a europe on Sherdog. Ever since then, Sherdog has deleated a lot of inactive accounts, so it isn't there anymore. But obviously my name still sticks.

As for having an European background... I'm willing to bet every memeber of this club does.:D I might be the only proper european though. I'm sort of the Gerard Gordeau of the group. Or the reverse Terry Gilliam I suppose.

Back