Nakamura - Sink Or Swim?

Thus far, he’s been a failure and there no two ways about it. He came in with all the buzz in the world and the expectations were that he’d be a top star with stellar matches proving he’s one of the best in the world. With those as the expectations, he has failed. He hasn’t had the matches expected out of him and the greatest thing about him was his entrance. His first year wasn’t even as eventful nor did it give as many good/great matches as Kevin Owens.

With that said, I like the heel turn and how it’s been playing out thus far. Will see what he does in the long by run

He hasn't been Michael Phelps, but Nakamura was swimming as a face. He was a popular wrestler, even if critics didn't rate most of his matches above average.

I was surprised that they turned Nakamura at Wrestlemania, but the difference in his movements in the ring now and then are as clear as night and day. Also, moves like Good Vibrations and the strong style stomps to the head don't exactly scream good guy.

Maybe Nakamura wasn't aggressive enough as a face? Maybe his in-ring work was more suited to heeldom?

can't wait to get this Shakeup over with and find out whether I have a last shot at this

I have. Cena's work with Punk, trumps all that shit.

Full disclosure, I have never seen anything special about Sting. People make fun of Cena's five moves of doom, but what does Sting have? Like two? I'll give him a bit of a pass for his early work, because in reality, everyone looks a bit limited working in that era, but the dude never evolved. He punched and kicked his way through most of his matches right up until he retired, and when the business evolved, name me one great Sting match. Did he have any as Crow Sting? Joker Sting? I certainly don't remember any. Contrast him to a Ric Flair, who put on great, even legendary matches into his twilight years.

Sting had some charisma I suppose, and the fans liked him, but if we're talking solely about in ring work, I have never seen anything remotely impressive about the dude. Ever.
Punk brought the best out of Cena IMO. Punk was Cena's #2.

You've always been an anti-WCW guy and never saw it in it's heyday, so the Sting/Flair convos are irrelevant. Sting > wannabe Marine wearing jorts.

Cena is reliable, and is very underrated in that aspect. Not an in ring technician, but stays consistent for 15 years.

I guess it's him by default, since he's in the title picture, and Owens and Zayn are gone, but it's a little much to give him that accolade like it was earned.
Yeah - winning RR, headlining a world title match and turning at WM doesn't mean anything these days.

Just be honest. He's Japanese.

Yeah - winning RR, headlining a world title match and turning at WM doesn't mean anything these days.

That’s a Roman Reigns run apart from not winning the belt/turn.

You've always been an anti-WCW guy and never saw it in it's heyday, so the Sting/Flair convos are irrelevant. Sting > wannabe Marine wearing jorts.

Based on what? Some feud you marked out for from your childhood? I'll put any Sting/Flair match against Cena's best work, and Cena will come out on top every singe time.

I've been honest since before his debut. He can't wrestle for shit, and has failed to impress at every turn. He's 0-3 in title opportunities(0-2 against Jinder Mahal), has had no interesting feuds, and has already had his character changed up.

You guys are just marks, and are just salty that I've been slowly but surely proven right about him.

I'm not too sure how that's supposed to make Cena or Roman any better. Those two are beyond bland. It's almost like you have your "side" which consists of the opposite of what most smarks like and force yourself to stick with that side for "Indy darling/lovers" hater reasons.

A lot of deflecting here with out actually being able to explain what's so good about these two. Just like you deflecting when not being able to admit that Roman/Brock 2 was absolute garbage.. We both know it, but you don't have the balls to admit it because you've chosen your side.

Meanwhile I can shit on Roman and Balor at the same time. Their aren't any sides with me and no strings either like you the puppet.
If I was trolling, I would have said Slater or Jinder were better than him. No surprise that of the three that I mentioned cena the (wwe only guy) was the only one that you took issue with and you just had to throw Roman in too. There are more cena matches that I'd go back and watch, what more do you want exactly?

It might seem that way at times but some of my favourite wrestlers also fall under this umbrella and ones I'd rather not see are some of Wwe's chosen ones.

Being blinded by bias must be why I said that Sami Zayn and Nakamura were good choices for the money in the bank and royal rumble despite hating one and being on the fence about the other at the time. Wouldn't I just want Roman to win it all?

I already said that it was a huge let down and they should probably move away from it. You want me to concede that it was as bad as The Undertaker match last year which I will not do. This is like a few months ago when you got annoyed with me for not agreeing with you that a raw I found mediocre was horrible.

Nak's gonna win at GRR.

... by DQ from an AJ revenge lowblow.

Then Nak takes the belt at Backlash, just a few fucking days after I lose the bet.

Oh well. I may lose the bet but Nak is swimming !

Nak's gonna win at GRR.

... by DQ from an AJ revenge lowblow.

Then Nak takes the belt at Backlash, just a few fucking days after I lose the bet.

Oh well. I may lose the bet but Nak is swimming !

We'll see.

I also see a screwy finish at GRR though, just not from AJ. I think Nak just heels it up, and gets DQ'd from a low blow or a weapon shot.

I figure it's going to be a night of short matches though. Is this a traditional rules 50 man Royal Rumble? If so, there's 100 minutes without the finish. Gonna be squash/DQ night.

We'll see.

I also see a screwy finish at GRR though, just not from AJ. I think Nak just heels it up, and gets DQ'd from a low blow or a weapon shot.

I figure it's going to be a night of short matches though. Is this a traditional rules 50 man Royal Rumble? If so, there's 100 minutes without the finish. Gonna be squash/DQ night.

I remember on Raw or Smackdown this week they very curiously didn't specify a time interval between entries in the Rumble (unless I missed that part, but I was specifically looking for that info) ... I'm pretty sure they said "regular intervals" instead of like 2 minutes or whatever ... with 50 dudes I have to imagine they're gonna drop it down to like 90 seconds or even just a minute between entries.

We'll see.

Heretic right about the screwy finish.

Count you lose.

Heretic you be nice to him for the sig or I'll sig bet you up to Summer Slam because Nak heel is going to win a belt.

Even though I think he is swimming.

Count you lose.

Heretic you be nice to him for the sig or I'll sig bet you up to Summer Slam because Nak heel is going to win a belt.

I went 4-0 to win this bet(with TWO Jinder's!). I think taking another bet would be pushing my luck a bit.

As for the AV/sig, stay tuned...

I believe he has until Sunday.

I went 4-0 to win this bet(with TWO Jinder's!). I think taking another bet would be pushing my luck a bit.

As for the AV/sig, stay tuned...

I believe he has until Sunday.

I'll check the official rules but I believe it's over when the calendar hits May 1st, at midnight on Monday.

I'll check the official rules but I believe it's over when the calendar hits May 1st, at midnight on Monday.

Yeah, you're right. I had April 28th in my head for some reason.

Count you lose.

Even though I think he is swimming.

Hah I appreciate the support, but nothing that doesn't break rules will be too bad. Really mostly I'll miss having my links in my sig for two weeks, but I imagine anyone here who's gonna check out my Youtube channel already has.

I knew it was a long shot from the beginning but I think it having been so close for so long and the fact that he's in a WWE title feud with the top faces of Smackdown (AJ now and probably DBry after) for the rest of the year just prove my underlying, even if I lose the bet.

Back