I remember when I thought Carlos Condit...

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
...was as good as they come. Cream of the crop. I legit thought he would give Woodley big problems.

Lol, I can only admit now that I was the idiot. :(

Looks like I overestimated the guy after his fights with Rory and Hendricks, where he gave me the impression of being tough as nails and highly skilled. WHO woulda thunk!

I remember when I thought Woodley would beat him.

I never saw him as someone who would dominate the division, given how prone he is to surrendering takedowns and dominant position, but he was a phenomenal fighter who finished a ton of great competitors. Let's just leave it at that.

Dude, Carlos doesn't want this anymore and it's been pretty clear for a while. When he was on he was on. Guys decline or lose their fire, or both.

He is phoning it in for the money.

The guy has been fighting professionally since 2002, give him a fucking break.

He is as good as they come. But he’s got too many miles on his body. And I don’t believe his heart is in it anymore.

He's finally been exposed after all these years.

Who whould have thought he'd lose a step after 40+ fights, right?

Dude, Carlos doesn't want this anymore and it's been pretty clear for a while. When he was on he was on. Guys decline or lose their fire, or both.

He is phoning it in for the money.
tenor.gif

inb4 someone says "he is just out of his prime"
He is 33 turning 34 in 12 days, nearly gave up the sport, been fighting for 16 years and has had over 40 fights. Of course he is out of his prime.

Who whould have thought he'd lose a step after 40+ fights, right?
Haha, it still happened so sudden to me though... He had just avenged his loss to Kampmann, via a great knee game. This at age 29.

But since then nothing has worked out for him. It sucks.

He was a great fighter, he is unfortunately finished now

Haha, it still happened so sudden to me though... He had just avenged his loss to Kampmann, via a great knee game. This at age 29.

Yeah I hear ya. He's easily in my favorite 5 fighters of all time... lots of miles on him at this point though.

I'll still watch everytime... if he chooses to fight.

Who would have thought a torn ACL and a torn meniscus that sidelined him for a year might change the trajectory of his career.

Huh?

He is one of the oldest guys left on roster in terms of “fight years” plus his actual age plus the way he fights, Condit is simply worn out. He even retired, unretired just to come back and say “I wasn’t into the Magny fight”, showing how mentally done he is.

The guy is WEC and UFC interim WW champion, not sure what else you want him to accomplish.

...was as good as they come. Cream of the crop. I legit thought he would give Woodley big problems.

Lol, I can only admit now that I was the idiot. :(

Looks like I overestimated the guy after his fights with Rory and Hendricks, where he gave me the impression of being tough as nails and highly skilled. WHO woulda thunk!
That's a bit obtuse, in fact Condit was an elite fighter (You were right).Sometimes , in this sport- you just lose several steps just like that and Carlos has put alot of MMA mileage on his career. It happens.....sometimes it's mental.When Maia finished him in the manner in which he did- something mental went ' cross' in Condits mind. He looks in mirror and doesn't see a top 10 fighter and thats why I don't think we'll see Condit fight again.

Back