Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - March, 2018

lol can i cash my Pacers 1H bet yet? how is this an even line on live betting

For those wanting to live bet, the Pacers have a pretty poor bench while the Cavs dont really have much of a drop off between their starters and bench players, assuming Lebron is the common player in both line ups. Depending on which side you want to bet, use that info to your advantage

You cant complain about that sixth foul when they called a jump ball for Giannis on the prior tie up with Tatum. Both were 50/50 calls (the first one was more of a foul than the second, though)

I don't think either were fouls. The first one the guy is on the ground and Giannis sort of dove over the top of him to get his hands on the ball. Refs almost never give the guy laying on the ground the benefit of the doubt and call a foul unless it is just blatantly obvious that someone destroys them to get to the ball.

The second one clearly was a jump ball and the bigger issue I have is the ref that's farther away running in to overrule the closer one. If you are gonna do that, you literally better be 100% sure you are right. And he wasn't.

I don't necessarily think either of those really determined the game though. The Celtics made some plays for sure, and also just plain and simple caught a couple breaks (which just happens when you win games like that). The Bucks also hit a miracle 40 footer to force OT, so they were lucky in that regard too.

I'd just rather have refs do as little to determine the outcome of a game as possible. That ref made it a bit of a "look at me!" moment which is irritating. It's like umps in baseball that go out of their way to drum up drama as a guy is walking away toward the dugout. Fans don't pay to see umps/refs.

I don't think either were fouls. The first one the guy is on the ground and Giannis sort of dove over the top of him to get his hands on the ball. Refs almost never give the guy laying on the ground the benefit of the doubt and call a foul unless it is just blatantly obvious that someone destroys them to get to the ball.

The second one clearly was a jump ball and the bigger issue I have is the ref that's farther away running in to overrule the closer one. If you are gonna do that, you literally better be 100% sure you are right. And he wasn't.

I don't necessarily think either of those really determined the game though. The Celtics made some plays for sure, and also just plain and simple caught a couple breaks (which just happens when you win games like that). The Bucks also hit a miracle 40 footer to force OT, so they were lucky in that regard too.

I'd just rather have refs do as little to determine the outcome of a game as possible. That ref made it a bit of a "look at me!" moment which is irritating. It's like umps in baseball that go out of their way to drum up drama as a guy is walking away toward the dugout. Fans don't pay to see umps/refs.
Maybe some bias? IDK, I didn't have any bets on that game and I def thought Giannis fouled Tatum at the apex of that rebound. Either way, moot point

edit: not def fouled- i meant to say i def think a foul could be called on that play. sorry that was confusing

For those wanting to live bet, the Pacers have a pretty poor bench while the Cavs dont really have much of a drop off between their starters and bench players, assuming Lebron is the common player in both line ups. Depending on which side you want to bet, use that info to your advantage

That's a good point, but gotta take into account that it's the playoffs so odds are we see shortened benches and starters playing added minutes, esp like you said for a team like Indiana where there's a dropoff. No back to back games now, so rest is built in.

I'd say for a team like Toronto their rotation won't change much but for the Pacers it very likely could.

Thinking about taking Jazz points or over 205.5 in jazz thunder.

Maybe some bias? IDK, I didn't have any bets on that game and I def thought Giannis fouled Tatum at the apex of that rebound. Either way, moot point

edit: not def fouled- i meant to say i def think a foul could be called on that play. sorry that was confusing

Could be bias I guess?

I'd actually bought out of my bucks +199 bet with Celtics -130, so if it's bias it's just fandom bias LOL.

I think ref screwed that up, but it may well not have mattered.

That's a good point, but gotta take into account that it's the playoffs so odds are we see shortened benches and starters playing added minutes, esp like you said for a team like Indiana where there's a dropoff. No back to back games now, so rest is built in.

I'd say for a team like Toronto their rotation won't change much but for the Pacers it very likely could.
Right- i guess what i meant to say is Oladipo is far and away the Pacers best player. When he's out, expect the Cavs to play better assuming Lebron is in the game. When lebrons out and Dipo is in, id feel confident that the Pacers should be getting the better of the cavs during that time

this is what i was trying to touch on w the Bucks earlier. It didn't quite work out perfectly as Giannis didnt have that great of an impact on the game when he was in (-5 in plus minus) but Parker was -14 in 15 minutes played. Great value in taking advantage of subs like that, especially when theres a perception about a player being better than they actually are (parker)

Right- i guess what i meant to say is Oladipo is far and away the Pacers best player. When he's out, expect the Cavs to play better assuming Lebron is in the game. When lebrons out and Dipo is in, id feel confident that the Pacers should be getting the better of the cavs during that time

this is what i was trying to touch on w the Bucks earlier. It didn't quite work out perfectly as Giannis didnt have that great of an impact on the game when he was in (-5 in plus minus) but Parker was -14 in 15 minutes played. Great value in taking advantage of subs like that, especially when theres a perception about a player being better than they actually are (parker)

That makes sense. Since it's harder to know the rotation schedules now, probably have to use dynamic lines more. Which sucks a bit since they are more juiced, but if you can get a good live line it's still worth it.

Im rolling my Pacers 1H winnings onto a Cavs LB if I can get them upwards of +200

edit i can get +250 but im passing

Last edited:
Im rolling my Pacers 1H winnings onto a Cavs LB if I can get them upwards of +200

Honestly, I think Cleveland just might not be very good. Admittedly I haven't seen them a ton since the trade (a few times, but not a ton) but they look really bad defensively. They don't protect the rim at all, they are giving up wide open 3's, and they are getting beaten to the ball on most 50/50 rebounds.

I'd assume they make a run in the 2nd half and make this game close (and probably win this series regardless), but I don't think they get to the finals this year honestly.

Honestly, I think Cleveland just might not be very good. Admittedly I haven't seen them a ton since the trade (a few times, but not a ton) but they look really bad defensively. They don't protect the rim at all, they are giving up wide open 3's, and they are getting beaten to the ball on most 50/50 rebounds.

I'd assume they make a run in the 2nd half and make this game close (and probably win this series regardless), but I don't think they get to the finals this year honestly.
Edited my post ;)

I have Pacers -4.5 and Cavs +9.5.

I could really use the middle as it hasn't been an awesome day.

I'm also playing Astros -1.5 and -2.5 plus team total o5 tonight.

bron in, dipo out to start the third. bought in on Cavs +155 for a small bit

bron in, dipo out to start the third. bought in on Cavs +155 for a small bit

Serious question: Do the Cavs (outside Lebron and Nance) care at all? Aside from those two, the Pacers are visibly just playing SO much harder than the Cavs. In the regular season that's expected at times. But in the playoffs? What the hell is the deal with this Cleveland team?

Serious question: Do the Cavs (outside Lebron and Nance) care at all? Aside from those two, the Pacers are visibly just playing SO much harder than the Cavs. In the regular season that's expected at times. But in the playoffs? What the hell is the deal with this Cleveland team?
Let's not overreact, Cavs are shooting 38.7% (24.2% from 3), which is WAY below their season average, even against the better teams in the league. Also factor in that they've missed 8/20 free throws. One of those days where nothing falls

edit: I guess i didnt address your comment, oops. The team is built from the scraps of other teams. There's no doubt that this team has flaws when you factor in their combined strengths and weaknesses. With the hand that was dealt, the Cavs decided to go heavy on their offensive potential, stacking their team with guys like Hood and Clarkson, who have the potential to have high scoring games and be Robin to Lebron's Batman. The flaws, however, can make them very bad. We either see the Cavs team that's clicking and outscoring their opponents or the Cavs team that cant make a shot and end up getting spanked like today. The team is a very poor defensive team, both in terms of individual defense and team defense. But with Lebron conducting the orchestra, they can very easily go through stretches of high scoring output (which, not surprisingly, leads to Lebron having gaudy fantasy numbers- he had 46 total P+R+A in a game where the offense was absolute crap, go figure how high it would be if they actually played well)

Last edited:
Let's not overreact, Cavs are shooting 38.7% (24.2% from 3), which is WAY below their season average, even against the better teams in the league. Also factor in that they've missed 8/20 free throws. One of those days where nothing falls

edit: I guess i didnt address your comment, oops. The team is built from the scraps of other teams. There's no doubt that this team has flaws when you factor in their combined strengths and weaknesses. With the hand that was dealt, the Cavs decided to go heavy on their offensive potential, stacking their team with guys like Hood and Clarkson, who have the potential to have high scoring games and be Robin to Lebron's Batman. The flaws, however, can make them very bad. We either see the Cavs team that's clicking and outscoring their opponents or the Cavs team that cant make a shot and end up getting spanked like today. The team is a very poor defensive team, both in terms of individual defense and team defense. But with Lebron conducting the orchestra, they can very easily go through stretches of high scoring output (which, not surprisingly, leads to Lebron having gaudy fantasy numbers- he had 46 total P+R+A in a game where the offense was absolute crap, go figure how high it would be if they actually played well)

Okay, I don't disagree with any of that. And honestly, I don't even totally fault them for fundamental defensive flaws (there's a lot of factors that can play into that). My issue is, how the hell are you not diving on the floor for loose balls? Nance does, even Lebron does. But I watched Clarkson (twice), JR Smith, Love, and Hill stand there and watch on plays where they could have gotten in there to go after the loose ball. And yeah being out of position is bad, but how do you then stand there and watch a guy attack the rim with no challenge when at least you could get over there to challenge him or foul him so he has to make free throws instead of an uncontested layup.

It could have just been "one of those days", but the lack of effort is pretty disturbing. Esp for a guy like Clarkson in his first playoff game. When they watch tape, Lebron better be all over these guys in explaining that shit won't fly. I would say Lue should, but it means more if Lebron does it honestly.

Okay, I don't disagree with any of that. And honestly, I don't even totally fault them for fundamental defensive flaws (there's a lot of factors that can play into that). My issue is, how the hell are you not diving on the floor for loose balls? Nance does, even Lebron does. But I watched Clarkson (twice), JR Smith, Love, and Hill stand there and watch on plays where they could have gotten in there to go after the loose ball. And yeah being out of position is bad, but how do you then stand there and watch a guy attack the rim with no challenge when at least you could get over there to challenge him or foul him so he has to make free throws instead of an uncontested layup.

It could have just been "one of those days", but the lack of effort is pretty disturbing. Esp for a guy like Clarkson in his first playoff game. When they watch tape, Lebron better be all over these guys in explaining that shit won't fly. I would say Lue should, but it means more if Lebron does it honestly.
I think this answers the question pretty well. Some players care about the life basketball gets them, not basketball (and winning) itself

I dont really have a favorite basketball team anymore after the whole Bulls implosion w Butler but I guess I sorta want to see the Lakers play well. I moved out of LA but still try to watch as many of their games as I can. Let me tell you- I was pretty excited when they traded away Dlo and Clarkson. I'm not sold on Lonzo but I'd rather have him than those two

I dont know what your post is trying to prove. The Heat were outscored by 16 (!) points in the 12 minutes that Whiteside was on the floor last night and you think they needed to play him more? He had as many turnovers as he had points last night. One of the best coaches in the league just conveniently made a mistake by leaving him on the bench? Hmmm.... that doesn't sound right lol

not entirely fair to whiteside because the entire heat starting five were -16 as well.

Nationals suck

That is all

Back