Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

Lol. You don't believe in fairy tales so this is rubbish. That might be their public persona, but it's not their business model.

I don't have to believe in fairy tales, it's been their business model for at least a decade.

Transform themselves into a quais-public meeting place with the knowledge that some percentage of the meeting public will also purchase something. Contrast that with a sit down restaurant where every person who occupies the seating is expected to order something every time.

Starbucks is banking on the idea that if it's easy and comfortable to hang out in Starbucks, you will. And some of those times you will order stuff, some of those times you won't. But as long as you're hanging out at Starbucks, you don't have a reason to go to one of their competitors just to get coffee.

You can google "Starbucks" and "third place" if you want more detail.

WiFi stealing is theft.

Cops just wanted to get home to their families.

i do find it kind of funny that some in this thread are criticizing Starbucks' business model though. Yea, if they only listened to people on Sherog, they might no how to be successful at selling coffee

I don't have to believe in fairy tales, it's been their business model for at least a decade.

Transform themselves into a quais-public meeting place with the knowledge that some percentage of the meeting public will also purchase something. Contrast that with a sit down restaurant where every person who occupies the seating is expected to order something every time.

Starbucks is banking on the idea that if it's easy and comfortable to hang out in Starbucks, you will. And some of those time you will order stuff, some of those times you won't. But as long as you're hanging out at Starbucks, you don't have a reason to go to one of their competitors just to get coffee.

You can google "Starbucks" and "third place" if you want more detail.

/Thread.

I don't believe it is. I have 6 levels of management at my work. They don't have the same level of authority.

When one goes on vacation, or special work assignment, and a lower level manager takes up that position, the departing senior manager must sign a delegation of his authority.
The comparison isn't accurate. A store manager is the one in charge of the establishment. An manager in business is in charge of an area. The title has different meanings depending on how it is being applied.

that ain't free. My taxes pay for the water from that fountain--they can go to their own damn park in their own damn town.
Your taxes didn't pay for nothing bro, you pay the IRS from Mexico? I have friends who live in Mexico, that come here on work permits, they tell me that they don't pay taxes cause they live in small towns, however the people that live in Mexico city and other big cities do pay taxes

There's nothing racist about it. It's a pretty lame law, but it's a law. If you're asked to leave private property, because you're not ordering shit, you gotsta go. If you refuse, the authorities can be called to remove you.

Same thing would happen to anyone if the manager of the establishment was uptight, and called the cops. Maybe the manager, or whoever called the cops is a bit racist, but the cops were just doing their job.

Meh.

They were probably scheming up some hijinks and the manager knew.

Thank God our boys in blue were there to shut it down.

Last edited:
Lol. You don't believe in fairy tales so this is rubbish. That might be their public persona, but it's not their business model.
Their business model is selling overpriced coffee , one of the ways they do this is the chilled environment.

Lol all the typical racists are here spewing their racist rhetoric like they did in the thread with the 14 year old kid being shot at.

These people always have an excuse and it’s almost always “dem blacks were probably up to no good”

They don’t know the story but they always know “the Black is never up to good”

Sue me, didn't see his comment till after. Pan has the coup de grace here though.
No. He doesn't. Sure it's Starbucks business model, but that has limits. Manager asks you to leave and you don't you are trespassing. Is the manager racist? Maybe, I don't know. If he is, fuck him. Regardless his actions are defensible.
I would like to see what the manager has to say for himself. Was there more to the interaction than what we know? Was there more to their behaviour? I'm not saying there is, I would just like to know.

Lol all the typical racists are here spewing their racist rhetoric like they did in the thread with the 14 year old kid being shot at.

These people always have an excuse and it’s almost always “dem blacks were probably up to no good”

They don’t know the story but they always know “the Black is never up to good”
Well to be honest trespassing is "up to no good"

So you believe it is common for Starbucks to behave the way they did in this instance?

No idea. I don't go to places of business then refuse their requests to vacate the premises after I refuse to make a purchase. That's poor form to say the least.

Their business model is selling overpriced coffee , one of the ways they do this is the chilled environment.

Sure, but to say they're *meh* about selling their product is tantamount to believing in fairy tales.

No. He doesn't. Sure it's Starbucks business model, but that has limits. Manager asks you to leave and you don't you are trespassing. Is the manager racist? Maybe, I don't know. If he is, fuck him. Regardless his actions are defensible.
I would like to see what the manager has to say for himself. Was there more to the interaction than what we know? Was there more to their behaviour? I'm not saying there is, I would just like to know.

Its the fact that SB has a business policy of being a "third space" (new concept to me), and despite that the manager targeted a couple of AA's.

Look dude, I'm all about calling bullshit when racism is accused when there is none, but this seems pretty undeniable here.

Manager is likely a little racist, and got jumpy. That, or got annoyed at their refusal to leave, and took it to the extreme, just because they could.

The cops shouldn't be eating any shit for this though. They gotta show up when they're called, and do what they gotta do.

after reading these 2 pages in here, i am now convinced that there is absolutely nothing that can happen that would convince people there is racism in the world. to deny that there was not some racism going on here is absurd. and those of you who know my posting history know i am the furthest thing from some sjw. but some things you just can't deny.

The hilarious part, is that people will deny racism is occurring while calling the guys "broke hood rats" in the same post. It's really just a handful of posters that are that ignorant though, most people have learned to ignore them. It's actually easy to ignore them when you read their other posts and realize they genuinely don't know much about anything.

Back