I want to break someones face when they complain about...

Well its not a bus boy position, its serving which pays well and a very good job considering the fact that you wont need a degree.

At the end of the day, a job is a job. But being a server means that being outstanding is incentivized which is a motivating factor. Yet even if that's not good enough to motivate someone, then no other job is going to bring the best out of you unless its a personal business that you take pride in.

Its a matter of productivity in todays North American generation or lack of.

This thread is hot on replies, can you cliff the question your trying to ask?

Do you disagree that increasing the supply of labor decreases wages?

If so, then you shouldn't get mad when people say immigrants took our jobs, because while the language they are using is inaccurate, their sentiment of injustice is not.

Well its not a bus boy position, its serving which pays well and a very good job considering the fact that you wont need a degree.

At the end of the day, a job is a job. But being a server means that being outstanding is incentivized which is a motivating factor. Yet even if that's not good enough to motivate someone, then no other job is going to bring the best out of you unless its a personal business that you take pride in.

Its a matter of productivity in todays North American generation or lack of.

This thread is hot on replies, can you cliff the question your trying to ask?

I completely disagree. Just because you personally are having a hard time finding a motivated waiter(which by the way is not a high paying job) doesn't mean everyone in America is a shitty worker. That's just stupid.

And you're ignoring the monumental contribution made by immigrants in North America.

The railways alone were built on Chinese bones.

And fuck yes, superhuman. The work my grandfathers did back in the fifties would kill you dead. They came to this country with nothing but a a suitcase full of clothes and worked around the clock to pay to get their families here from Europe after WWII. My Italian grandfather worked the mines here and survived three cave ins, until a machine exploded and took his arm off.

I doubt you can even imagine their work ethic. They built their own damned houses, while working sixty hours a week on the job.

I'm not saying Canadians and Americans don't work hard. But holy shit, a first generation immigrant has much higher stakes and absolutely no support. And an illegal immigrant has even higher stakes, for less pay, no benefits, and no access to medical.

No I'm not. I'm saying the first settlers worked and fought hard. Later Canadians and Americans built what you see today. Yes slaves were used to help out but don't act like they built and designed every building and grew and harvested every crop. Slaves didn't manage the two countries either. It was Canadians and Americans doing a lot of the work.

Canadians worked on the railway as well. They were paid more. If there were enough workers the Chinese wouldn't have been brought in.

I still laugh at superhuman. Who was working beside your grandfather?

Who wouldn't?

awrEqj4_700b.jpg
<[analyzed}>

No I'm not. I'm saying the first settlers worked and fought hard. Later Canadians and Americans built what you saw today. Yes slaves were used to help out but don't act like they built and designed every building and grew and harvested every crop. Slaves didn't manage the two countries either. It was Canadians and Americans doing a lot of the work.

Canadians worked on the railway as well. They were paid more. If there were enough workers the Chinese wouldn't have been brought in.

I still laugh at superhuman.

Your history is poor.

The used Chinese workers because they were dirt cheap and nobody cared about them. When they died, they were buried under the new rails.

And while I never said anything about the country being built by slaves, you'd be insane to ignore the massive wealth they generated in the south.

As for managing the countries, take a close look at exactly who was doing that, and how many of them were fresh off the boat (from Europe).

There was a time when 95% of the population farmed, going back a hundred and twenty years or so. You keep mentioning crops, which is why I mention this. Those people didn't build the country, they fed themselves, and sometimes made a bit of money selling the excess. You know who built the country? Cornelius Vanderbilt, John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, J.P. Morgan and Henry Ford.

Those are some (mostly) American names of the men who built America.

Do you disagree that increasing the supply of labor decreases wages?

If so, then you shouldn't get mad when people say immigrants took our jobs, because while the language they are using is inaccurate, their sentiment of injustice is not.

I see, I agree with you. Now that I have somewhat calmed down, my frustration is towards lack of productivity within our own locals.

I completely disagree. Just because you personally are having a hard time finding a motivated waiter(which by the way is not a high paying job) doesn't mean everyone in America is a shitty worker. That's just stupid.

Ok if its coming from me then yes, that sounds stupid because my life and my personal experience doesn't represent an entire nation.

But most restaurants I go to have servers that are from different countries besides North America.

Example is, I went to a small Persian restaurant, the two servers were Korean and Russian. I grew up with Persians and the ones that get westernized tend to have an attitude. More so than the non-westernized.

I also have a friend who has a Donair shop, his main employees are Japanese on a work visa. He says they work hard and are organized.

My point is, American/Canadian on average are lazy and lack productivity. I never said they are all like that, but most of them have shitty attitudes.

I swear to FUCKING god bro! I want to break someone's face and beat the living shit out of people that complain about the whole" immigrants are stealing our jobs"

Like if your are familiar with my post, I make my living online but I also help with my families restaurant. In the restaurant business, its almost impossible to hire decent workers. The tips and wages are generous but when we hire people that are from North America. They FAIL on so many fronts.

Bad entitled attitudes, shitty work ethic, not punctual and the inability to just have basic human decency with fellow co-workers.

After all that, I hear people complain about immigrants, meanwhile, my parents business wouldn't exist if working visa didn't exist.
Take this gripe to people in the construction and see the reaction you get.

I see, I agree with you. Now that I have somewhat calmed down, my frustration is towards lack of productivity within our own locals.

Ok if its coming from me then yes, that sounds stupid because my life and my personal experience doesn't represent an entire nation.

But most restaurants I go to have servers that are from different countries besides North America.

Example is, I went to a small Persian restaurant, the two servers were Korean and Russian. I grew up with Persians and the ones that get westernized tend to have an attitude. More so than the non-westernized.

I also have a friend who has a Donair shop, his main employees are Japanese on a work visa. He says they work hard and are organized.

My point is, American/Canadian on average are lazy and lack productivity. I never said they are all like that, but most of them have shitty attitudes.

Most people from North America don't want to make a career out of being a waiter, it's a very low paying job and at best you will get college students applying for drinking money. It really is as simple as that.

Build the wall as a test, anyone who can climb it can serve me my burger and rake the leaves out if my pool.

Yeah the Mexicans I work with are all hard workers. Don't get me started on Philipinos though.......
Phillipinos are the masters of looking busy when the boss is around but in reality theyve been asleep or just sitting there for half there sift

You are probably thankful for your job, and have a interest in your parents business succeeding.

The people your parents hire don't share that opinion.

I honestly believe that employee attitude reflects management leadership. You need a carrot and a stick approach, whether it is a restaurant or a factory floor.

It needs to be a pleasant work environment for those that work, and a unpleasant work environment for those that don't. Overtime, and easy work assignments are reserved for those that work hard. Reduced hours, shitty shifts, or termination are available for those that don't.

Most people aren't going to be self motivated for a job that doesn't accompany a very comfortable life style.

Take this gripe to people in the construction and see the reaction you get.

Most constructions I see are East Indians.

Most people from North America don't want to make a career out of being a waiter, it's a very low paying job and at best you will get college students applying for drinking money. It really is as simple as that.

Fair enough, but if they apply for the job, why do they have to be so unprofessional? Like that's what a job is! Its an occupation not a hobby.

Also its not that low of a paying job, they make decent money if the place is busy.

As a teenager I worked in restaurants and I had trouble getting a busboy job my senior year. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise because my grades were great senior year and helped me get into a good uni.

One story though. Around October my senior year I went to a coffee shop restaurant and asked for work. The dude tells me, "Your not Mexican and you'll be slow."

I showed him my resume and I explained I was very fast and loyal. The dude just says no and I tell him, "Mexican workers are good but they steal a lot too. Next time one orders a lemon chicken with rice pilaf check under the bed of rice and see what you find."

Dude just looks at me.

I was eating a late breakfast at 10:30 PM and the manager walks in. Place was open 24 hours. He walks right over to me and offers me a job on the spot. Tells me he caught nearly half the staff stealing proteins under the beds of rice.

Oldest trick in the book I say and tell him no to the job I was leaving for University in less than 2 months.

I am not racist in fact my wife is half Mexican but those I worked with in restaurants stole, a lot.

Last edited:
Your history is poor.

The used Chinese workers because they were dirt cheap and nobody cared about them. When they died, they were buried under the new rails.

And while I never said anything about the country being built by slaves, you'd be insane to ignore the massive wealth they generated in the south.

As for managing the countries, take a close look at exactly who was doing that, and how many of them were fresh off the boat (from Europe).

There was a time when 95% of the population farmed, going back a hundred and twenty years or so. You keep mentioning crops, which is why I mention this. Those people didn't build the country, they fed themselves, and sometimes made a bit of money selling the excess. You know who built the country? Cornelius Vanderbilt, John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, J.P. Morgan and Henry Ford.

Those are some (mostly) American names of the men who built America.

No it's not. There was a worker shortage and that's why they were brought in. They also wanted it done as quickly as possible to get BC into the federation.

Yes Americans realized that slaves can generate wealth, just like everyone else all throughout history.

There were early prime ministers and presidents that were born in Canada and America.

A country and its defenders had to be fed.

Those Americans (except one) employed Americans.

Fair enough, but if they apply for the job, why do they have to be so unprofessional? Like that's what a job is! Its an occupation not a hobby.

Also its not that low of a paying job, they make decent money if the place is busy.

because they are dumb college student who dont know anything yet

Moving to war room in 5,4,3,2,1......

People who work indoors who complain about having to deal with shitty weather. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to, I just think it's funny that people get all bent out of shape if they have to go to the GREAT length of wearing a rain jacket or using an umbrella while they're exposed to the rain for about a whole minute.

No I'm not. I'm saying the first settlers worked and fought hard. Later Canadians and Americans built what you see today. Yes slaves were used to help out but don't act like they built and designed every building and grew and harvested every crop. Slaves didn't manage the two countries either. It was Canadians and Americans doing a lot of the work.

I still laugh at superhuman. Who was working beside your grandfather?

What the fuck do the first settlers have to do with finding good employees here and now?!
These guys are talking about real life experiences and issues. You're over here talking historical bullshit and racial quotas.

Do YOU have a job?

Of all the posts in this thread yours have added absolutely nothing to the conversation. You should hit the showers and just stfu.

What the fuck do the first settlers have to do with finding good employees here and now?!
These guys are talking about real life experiences and issues. You're over here talking historical bullshit and racial quotas.

Do YOU have a job?

Of all the posts in this thread yours have added absolutely nothing to the conversation. You should hit the showers and just stfu.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Triggered. How about you calm down? There's no need to be upset.

Some people were talking bad about Canadian and American workers then Loiosh stared an argument with me. Try reading the whole thread?

And most are useless and dangerous to work with (not all) because they bring there sub standard 3rd world work practices with them and are only there to make a quick $$ and fuck off home again. So they'll work for less money and damage the wages of the local workers.

Here's an example I worked with a Indian fitter who didnt have any basic hand tool skills, couldnt use a podgy ratchet, shifter, nothing. In the end it came out he was signed off as a fitter back in his home country because he would fit machinery parts into a box before leaving a factory. This guy will bounce from company to company untill he decides to go home

Back