Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

Affirmative action laws and quotas.

Or just whenever it happens to whites, whites just go on about their business and don't care much. When it happens to blacks or automatically about race... just like everything else.
You realize that Whites are single largest beneficiaries of Affirmative Action , going by raw numbers.

Affirmative Action is NOT just for Blacks, it also applies to women. There are far more White women than there are Black men and women combined.
Affirmative Action also applies to White men, if the men classify as Hispanic. There are a lot of Whites in Latin America, and there are plenty of White Hispanics here in the US. Prior to the 1970s, Hispanics were considered White.

Guarantee these punks were being unruly and rude.

The manager told them to leave and they wouldn't... that tells you everything you need to know about their attitude. They weren't even customers...

If a manager or owner tells you to leave their place of business, YOU LEAVE!
Agreed. From what I can tell the main differences between blacks and whites in America is each has a very different opinion of what is considered acceptable behavior. These guys were not arrested for "literally no reason!" They were arrested because they refused to leave when asked and then refused police orders. This isn't a Rosa Parks situation for gosh sakes.

You realize that Whites are single largest beneficiaries of Affirmative Action , going by raw numbers.

Affirmative Action is NOT just for Blacks, it also applies to women. There are far more White women than there are Black men and women combined.
Affirmative Action also applies to White men, if the men classify as Hispanic. There are a lot of Whites in Latin America, and there are plenty of White Hispanics here in the US. Prior to the 1970s, Hispanics were considered White.

Lol... no. Whites aren't they biggest beneficiaries of AA.. and it's not even close. You just parroting what you've heard others say.

Talk to union members on the black privilege that blacks get with their job.

Not to mention the racism whites face when enrolling in a college or applying for scholarships

Management fail.
As jobs go, I wonder where Starbucks Manager sits on the ladder with McDonalds Manager, Wendy's Manager or Subway Manager.

Reads summary...

Scrolls down...

Sees posted by Shaun King...

Leaves thread...

Neither matters, You are assuming that individual franchises are successful because Starkbucks as a whole is successful, which is not the case, Starbucks collects their royalties regardless of whatever happens to the individual franchise. Most are just earning a living, buying a franchise is basically buying yourself a job. In the early 90's the fastest growing franchise was Subway Subs, bought a franchise, attended their Sub-college and built my store. About 6 months in, I started thinking to myself that I can earn the same amount of money I'm earning now without parting with the 90K it cost me to build my store, and without dealing with the BS from head office.(head office back then was a different pain in the ass)

At the same time, there were many newspaper articles etc. on how Subway is the fastest growing franchise, Subway has more locations than McDonalds, Fred DeLuca , owner of Subway, is a genius, etc, etc. Just like you are doing now, people were assuming that just because Fred and Subway as a whole was doing amazing, that individual franchises were doing amazing, which was not the case, individual franchisee were making a living, some were earning less than when they were working for someone else, some went bankrupt. Only about 2 percent were actually making good income and that was because of their location, but not every store can have the perfect location. iIknow this for a fact cause we had regular franchise gatherings where one can meet and talk with other franchisees and exchange ideas.

So you said you would run those odds and open a Starbucks franchise? I read in another post that something about you attending law school, I'm assuming that you are a practicing lawyer? Do you plan on leaving your position as a lawyer and serving coffee? or will you hire someone to run your store while you have no idea what's actually happening in your store and piss away your minimal profits on your manager? Personally if I had a law degree, I wouldn't take a step backwards and open a franchise, instead I would invest my money to opening my own practice, if I already had my own practice I would still invest my money in my own practice where I have some control of what's happening in a business I know and understand.

You should go talk to some Starbucks Franchisees, I'm sure there are some franchises that are earning a very good living, but with 20K locations already, don't bank on getting a prime location, all of those have already been taken. I bet once you get the first hand information from the franchisee as apposed to 20,000 stores equals acceptable odds for success, you won't run the odds. Like I said, your numbers are misleading you.
Starbucks does not franchise

Let me run two scenarios by you, and you tell me which one is more likely.

The setting - an over priced coffe shop.
The players - two black dudes (2bds) and a coffee Nazi (cN)

Scenario 1:

·2bds walk into a Starbucks and sit down
·cN - get out, we don't serve your kind here

Scenario 2:

·2bds walk into a Starbucks and ask to use the washroom
·cN - washrooms are for paying customers only
·2bds sit down and don't buy anything
·cN - wtf, over?
´cN - you're going to have to buy something
·2bds - pass
·cN - gtfo
When I was training for my marathons I would stop by Starbucks all the time sweaty as balls just to use the washroom and fill up on water

Never once in that dozens of times I went was I asked to leave or buy something

Management fail.
As jobs go, I wonder where Starbucks Manager sits on the ladder with McDonalds Manager, Wendy's Manager or Subway Manager.
Possible degree in latte foam art? From a prestigious university that you've probably never heard of...

Management fail.

Well, I can tell you where he thinks he sits.

I can also tell you he has thick rim black glasses and a limp wrist.

well shaun " talcum x" king got involved so that pretty much sums up how bs this story is.

dindu's got arrested fo no reason.... amirite?

Lol... no. Whites aren't they biggest beneficiaries of AA.. and it's not even close. You just parroting what you've heard others say.

Talk to union members on the black privilege that blacks get with their job.

Not to mention the racism whites face when enrolling in a college or applying for scholarships
I am not parroting anyone, I have been saying this in here for years.
Do you acknowledge that AA also applies to women and Hispanics?

Maybe those two guys should have followed the rules like everybody else and been paying customers or leave.

#victimmentality
They were waiting for a friend. They may have ordered once the friend showed up.

Possible degree in latte foam art? From a prestigious university that you've probably never heard of...
Well, I can tell you where he thinks he sits.

I can also tell you he has thick rim black glasses and a limp wrist.

Hah! I actually just meant I wondered if they pay them enough to expect decent decision making, or if it's your typical fast food management job, which gets you more work, a reference and that's about it.
Although I've heard they actually employ adults for these positions in the US, so things may be different over there (no Starbucks here either for that matter).

But seriously though - how is this thread still going and over 20 pages?

Starbucks need to die, because people think we drink that shit up here in seattle.

It's like thinking Japanese people eat frozen fish sticks because they like sushi.

What about Seattle's best?

Guarantee these punks were being unruly and rude.

The manager told them to leave and they wouldn't... that tells you everything you need to know about their attitude. They weren't even customers...

If a manager or owner tells you to leave their place of business, YOU LEAVE!

Soft

You can’t do that.
You order something in order to be allowed to sit down.

Otherwise homeless people could just sit in restaurants all day and night claiming they are “just waiting for a friend”.

It’s really simple.

Being a place to just hang out is the starbucks business model though right? You can't expect to operate with that business model and maintain a strict table turnover rate.

You're right.... they have such a great culture.. are very polite and don't have a violent nature in the slightest. They are pillars of the scientific and mathematics communities. Their contributions to this world are huge... they are just victims of the white mans racist ways... these two innocent kids deserve a huge payout because they were victims of this atrocious racism

<6>

Back